X-men Evolution Fan Fiction ❯ Sibling Confusion ❯ Destiny Training 2 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sibling Confusion 2 Destiny Training
Chapter 2
 
Within a couple of days, the young Melody was finally able to get up and venture around the place she had begun to know as home. Life beyond the walls that concealed her from the world passed on far from her mind. The man known as Sensei had soon become more of a father to her though he was quick to correct her when she accidentally called him by a fatherly name.
"Daddy, I-"
"My name is Sensei, Melody," Sensei would always reply. "I am not your father."
One morning, after sensei was positive that Melody had fully recovered physically from her ordeal, he invited her to a room he identified as the Meditation Training Grounds. She followed along with Sensei's promise that the training she would undergo would help her to understand not only the changes of her body, but the changes of everything around her, and the past and future of everything.
The two entered through the large blue door and found themselves in a room that appeared to be in the center of space. Black walls with shimmering white specks like stars. There was a small path leading to a slightly seemingly raised platform in the center of the room. Sensei led the way to the platform and sat with his legs crossed on the floor, signaling for Melody to do the same. As she made her place on the floor the large door slammed shut, locking out any light that had been showing through. Melody gasped out of shock.
"It's all right, Melody," Sensei soothed her fears.
"What is this place?"
"This is where your official journey will begin, today," Sensei explained. Close your eyes, focus on following me with your mind. Together, the two of us will be leaving this world for a short time in order to begin your training."
A little shaken, Melody closed her eyes and did as she was told to the best of her ability. A hand rested itself on her right hand.
"Concentrate. Follow your instinct," Sensei told her softly as he lifted her hand over the small green beetle shaped pendent hanging from a silver locked around Melody's neck. The pendent hung just down to the center of her chest. "Let this guide you."
Within seconds, a slight breeze began brushing her hair to her left gently as the rays of the sun warmed her cheeks. The faint sounds of songbirds could be heard in the distance.
"You can open your eyes now," Sensei stated as he released her hand.
She opened her eyes to see a world full of light. Sensei was already about ten meters away from her. She stood up to find herself taller than usual. She was totally different than normal. She had a body of a teenager and she was wearing strange clothes: a black long sleeve V-neck with a small collar shirt with thumb holes that revealed a small portion of skin between it and her black jeans that had white designs all over it.
"This will be your form when you are older, Melody," Sensei explained as he noticed her confused face examining her new body. "While training in this world you will appear as this form because your true form is not yet ready to handle the training process."
"Yes, Sensei," Melody nodded.
"All right, to begin, you must understand why you are here," Sensei began.
"Aren't I here because you brought me here?" Melody asked.
"Just listen, Melody," Sensei silenced her calmly before looking into the distance.
He began to tell her of a time long ago when the first person like him and her arrived, a mutant he called it. He explained how this mutant was great in strength but his mind was clouded by his power. He wished for the whole world to be like him, each having powers of their own, and he had the ability to accomplish his wish. Melody of course thought that there was nothing wrong with this man wanting to share his good fortunes with others, but Sensei was quick to correct her. He explained how humanity had yet, and still has yet to evolve far enough to be able to accept such a burden and that only a select few had the genes needed to survive such a transformation.
Sensei continued to explain that this man called Apocalypse had a young female willing follower who had been raised by the same bandits as him and that it was this young follower that had ultimately sealed him away. She too had special powers, the power to regenerate and a powerful singing voice that ultimately sealed Apocalypse away. While he began the process of transforming all humans into mutants, she used her abilities to seal him up behind three doors so that he couldn't harm humanity.
"You, Melody, are the long awaited reincarnation of that girl," Sensei explained as he look back down into her eyes. "You're birth was both the hope and curse of the world. With your arrival into this world, the promise of Apocalypse's revival being within this lifetime has been made. However, with you around, he will be stopped permanently this time."
"I don't understand," Melody complained.
"This is why you must train, Melody," Sensei stated as he walked over and placed his hand comfortingly on her shoulder. "I am here to teach you everything you must know to take down Apocalypse when the three doors have been opened."
"How do you know all of this is going to happen?" Melody asked.
"Ever since you, in your previous life, sealed Apocalypse away, this pendent has been handed down by carriers such as me. When we felt that the time was right we would give the pendent to a pregnant mother, instructing her to give it to her child when it was born. For each of us this has been quite some journey. With every carrier in the line we have gained a new ability stored into that pendent which would all become the powers of the next until it came down to you. But not only have our powers been gathered into that pendent. Every power of every mutant that any of us have ever come in contact with has been stored within that pendent for your own usage. It is your destiny to use those powers to take down Apocalypse, as the prophesy says. All of us have taken the oath, and the very oath your soul has taken."
"But what if I don't want this? Can't I pass it on to the next?" Melody complained.
"No, you cannot, Melody. If you do not dire consequences will arise," Sensei explained. "This oath states: . 'Angel of darkness, the world is in your hands but I don't follow your command, I will fight and I will stand against you until the end.'"
"Hey, I know that song," Melody commented as she thought back to the music she would listen to in the car with her parents.
"Angel of darkness
Angel of darkness
the world is in your hand
But I will fight until the end
Angel of darkness
Angel of darkness
Don't follow your command
But I will fight and I will stand
When darkness falls
pain is all
The angel of darkness
Will leave behind
And I will fight
The love is lost
Beauty and light
have vanished from garden of delight
The dreams are gone
Midnight has come
The darkness is our new kingdom
Angel of darkness
Angel of darkness
the world is in your hand
But I will fight until the end
Angel of darkness
Angel of darkness
Don't follow your command
But I will fight and I will stand
Hunt goes on
Deep in the night
Time to pry
Down on your knees
You can't hide from the
Eternal light
Until my last
Breath I will fight
Now realize
The stars they die
Darkness has fallen in paradise
But we'll be strong
And we will fight
Against the creatures of the night
Angel of darkness
Angel of darkness
the world is in your hand
But I will fight until the end
Angel of darkness
Angel of darkness
Don't follow your command
But I will fight and I will stand
Yeah
, Yeah”
"Very good, you already have the prophesy memorized, that takes a large portion of our work out of the way," Sensei nodded his head.
"What do you mean? That's a song from the radio," Melody explained.
"Then I take it that you do not know what it means?" Sensei asked with his eyebrow raised.
"It's just a song," Melody replied.
"Then I will have to teach you," he sighed as he sat down and instructed her to do so as well.