X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ Torrent ❯ Introductions ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here's the next chapter!! I hope you enjoy! Please R&R! Thanks!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own the X-men.
 
Chapter 3: Introductions.
 
After a ten-hour flight, Lyss finally landed in New York City. She quickly got out of her seat as soon as she was told she could and stretched out her arms and legs. She shouldered her carry on, ready and eager to meet her future. She stepped into the aisle and impatiently waited for the people in front of her to get moving.
 
After about ten minutes she was out of the plane and on her way to finding her bags. She wasn't quite sure which way to go so she just followed the crowd and soon she had found her two bags and was putting them on a cart. She found her way out into the main airport area and stood there waiting for The Professor.
 
Over the phone, he had told her he'd be personally there to pick her up, so she looked for the man she remembered from her childhood.
 
Soon Lyss was the one to be found. The Professor wheeled over to her. He looked just as she remembered, a kind look in his eyes and a warm smile.
 
“Professor,” she greeted, bending down to give him a little hug. “It's so good to see you again.” She released him.
 
“Yes, it's been too long,” Professor Xavier replied. “As I recall the last time I saw you, you were a mischievous little girl, reaching no higher then my knees.”
 
“Mischievous? I was never mischievous. I was always an angel,” Lyss replied, laughing.
 
“Yes. Well you're memories don't seem to match my own,” he replied, good-naturedly. “I trust that you've been faring well.”
 
“Definitely,” she replied, with a warm smile.
 
“Come, come,” he said, wheeling towards the exit, as she followed. “I have a car waiting for us outside. And I have my staff waiting at the mansion to meet you. I hope you don't mind, but I want them to meet you right away.”
 
Lyss quickly glanced at what she was wearing, a white sleeveless top with a matching white knee length skirt, which besides being a little wrinkly, were amazingly spotless after the long flight. And now she was glad that she had went to the bathroom to check her appearance before the plane landed, adding a coating of light pink lip-gloss. And as far as she could tell, she didn't smell, so it was all good.
 
First appearances were everything, or so they say, and she wanted to make a good impression on her colleagues and hopefully future friends.
 
“I don't mind,” she answered.
 
______________________________________________________________ __________
&&&
______________________________________________________________ __________
 
“There you are Scott,” Rogue exclaimed as she walked into one of the classrooms, the one Scott usually taught in.
 
He glanced her way quickly before resuming reading.
 
“The Professor called. They'll be here any minute now and he wants us to wait in his office,” Rogue continued, ignoring his rudeness.
 
“I'm not going,” he replied, not looking up.
 
“What do you mean you're not going? You've got to meet her sooner or later,” she reasoned, walking over to stand directly in front of the desk he was sitting at.
 
“I'm busy,” he said curtly.
 
She looked down at the newspaper he was reading and a wash of anger overcame her.
 
“Scott Summers! Ya get that sorry ass out of that chair right this instant and march your rude self to the Professor's office or so help me…” she trailed off.
 
Scott snapped his head up, totally surprised and totally caught off guard. When he saw her expression on her face he knew she meant business and he stood up instantly. Scott started to walk out the door with her marching behind him like a drill sergeant.
 
“I swear sometimes, you act like a five year old,” he heard her say in an amazed tone, which he had to grin at.
 
He really didn't mean to act like an ass these days. But he was sure glad that his attitude hadn't pushed Rogue away yet. He knew he had to wizen up or else he'd be left with no friends at all.
 
They finally reached the Professor's office only to find Kurt, Ororo, Bobby, Logan and Hank there, but no Professor or new girl.
 
“They aren't here yet,” Rogue commented as they entered the room.
 
“Nope,” Bobby replied as he watched Rogue sit on the windowsill and how Scott went to stand next to her.
 
“They'll be here soon,” Ororo offered from where she was sitting in one of the chairs across from the desk, Kurt sitting next to her in the other.
 
 
“I'll be glad to see a new face around here. At least I won't be the new guy anymore,” Hank joked, from where he was standing at the right end of the room.
 
“I for one think that this could have waited,” Logan said gruffly. He leaned against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. “I was working on my new bike. I don't have time for this. And the poor girl just got off a who-knows-how-long flight. She probably looks horrible. She needs to…” He trailed off at the sound of a pretty, feminine laugh. And was quite taken aback by the sight that entered the room.
 
The Professor and the new girl walked into the room and Logan couldn't help but notice how she flipped her long, dark brown, wavy hair over one shoulder, or how her eyes twinkled, or the warm, innocent smile that graced her lips.
 
Once she saw everyone there her smile turned into a shy one, but she didn't look away from their gazes as they all turned to look at her.
 
“Hello everyone. I'd like you all to meet our newest member to our staff, Alyssa Andrews,” Professor Xavier announced.
 
Her smile was shy but not waning as she said, “You can call me Lyss.”
 
“Lyss, why don't you tell them about yourself,” he encouraged.
 
“Well um…where to start,” she said, thinking. “Well I'm 23 years old and I'm from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.” Logan suddenly looked more interested in what she was saying at the mention of Albertan. “I just finished off my studies and now am a medical doctor. I came here to teach other mutants and help them like the Professor helped me.”
 
“Why don't you show them some of your powers,” Professor X urged.
 
“Really? Are you sure?” she asked, a little hesitant. He nodded and she saw that everyone was eager to see what she could do.
 
“Ok, well my premonitions come as they please… I can freeze things,” she said, throwing a book she had grabbed off the Professor's desk, into the air and by pointing at it, froze it in mid air.
 
Everyone awed when they saw it held in the air by nothing. She flicked her hand again and quickly caught the book before it fell.
 
“I can also kind of blow up things by doing the same thing. But that power isn't for indoor use, as I've learned the hard way,” she said sheepishly, bringing back memories. “I'm also telekinetic.” She extended her arm toward the window and used her telekinesis to open it. Scott and Rogue turned their heads to see.
 
“And umm…lastly, I can teleport,” she told them, demonstrating her power by teleporting over next to Kurt and Ororo.
 
Kurt quickly got out of his chair and extended his blue, three-fingered hand out for Lyss to shake it. Lyss instantly took his hand and shook it heartily.
 
“It's very nice to meet a fellow teleporter,” he greeted. “My name is Kurt Wagner.”
 
“It's very nice to meet you, Kurt. Where are you from? You're accent sounds familiar,” she asked curiously.
 
“Germany,” he instantly replied.
 
“I took German back in high school. Ich hoffe, dass wir Freunde sein werden,” she said.
 
“I'm sure we will be,” he replied happily.
 
Kurt stepped back to allow the next person to meet Lyss, which happened to be Bobby. He went straight up to her and shook her hand, “My name is Bobby Drake. It's nice to meet you.”
 
“Nice to meet you too. May I ask what your powers are?” she asked.
 
“Yeah. I can project intense cold and turn the moisture in the air into ice,” he told her, making a tiny snowflake for her.
 
She smiled brightly at him.
 
“And I, my dear, am Dr. Henry McCoy. But you can call me Hank,” a deep voice said from behind her. She turned away from Bobby to see the big, blue, furry man, that she'd seen when she'd first came into the room. He had his hand held out for her to shake and without hesitation she did.
 
“It's nice to meet you,” she said warmly.
 
“Thank you. I hear you're as much a science geek as I am. I hope we can find time to collaborate together,” he added.
 
“I would like that,” she replied.
 
Hank stepped back and she awaited the next introduction. She was starting to become a little overwhelmed by all the attention she was getting, she definitely wasn't used to it.
 
Scott pushed away from the windowsill. He had to get into Rogue's good graces again, and what better way was there then to show that he was willing to meet and greet this new person, that up until seeing her he had been calling an intruder.
 
He put a slight smile on his face, all he could muster at the moment, and stood in front of Lyss. “Hi, I'm Scott Summers. I'm the English teacher of the school. It's nice to have you here,” he said as politely as possible.
 
“Thank you,” she said, gratefully.
 
He took her hand to shake it and was horrified when Lyss gasped and fell unconscious.
 
Lyss could see snow, lots of it, and a lady with red hair standing, with her back towards her, in the middle of it. She knew she was inside and the woman was outside. She could feel herself floating and was horrified to see a big wave of water rush to engulf the woman. Then just as suddenly she felt pain wash over her. And she slowly opened her eyes and found that Scott's arms were holding her up and she was panting, gulping for air. She looked up and her gaze met Scott's through his glasses and somehow she knew that he knew what she had seen. And at that moment his face-hardened and he looked away from her.
 
She straightened herself up and found the Professor next to her.
 
“Are you all right?” he asked softly, concernedly.
 
She put on a false, bright smile and replied, “I'm fine. Sometimes they come so suddenly like that.”
 
“Are you sure you don't want to lie down? You've had a long flight,” the white haired woman asked.
 
“I'm ok, really,” she insisted and then changed the subject, “And who might you be?”
 
Ororo hesitated for a second, and then answered, “I'm Ororo Munroe. But everyone mostly calls me Storm, because I can control the weather.”
 
“Well it's nice to meet you Storm,” she extended her hand to shake and saw that Ororo hesitated. “It's all right, they don't usually come twice in a row.”
 
With the reassurance Ororo took the offered hand.
 
Rogue walked up to the two girls, ready to get her introduction over with.
 
“And my name is Rogue.” Lyss turned to see a young girl with strange, but beautiful white streaks in her hair, accompanied by a striking smile.
 
She took her hand to shake it and noticed that they were gloved.
 
“My skin absorbs peoples power and life when it touches bare skin,” Rogue explained. “So I wear the gloves and cover myself up. I've almost got it under control with the help of the Professor, but there are still moments that I slip.”
 
“I'm sure you'll be able to control it someday,” Lyss said reassuringly. “I remember when I was little, how almost every week I'd wake up to my alarm clock and I'd go to turn it off but blow it up instead.” They all smiled at her little anecdote. “I remember thinking that one day I'll wake up to find that I blew up the whole house. But with the Professor's help I was able to control it and I'm sure he can help you too.” She looked from Rogue to the Professor and they both nodded.
 
Through the whole meet and greet Logan stood at the back of the room watching the girl in silence and fascination. He was taken by her; not only for her looks but also for the gentle way about her, her soft smiles and her kind words. He'd never met a girl like her, a girl who didn't flinch at the meeting of two blue people, she had a smile for all of them. He felt that it was time to make his presence known.
 
He slowly walked up to her. She slowly turned around to meet his gaze; she looked at him with curiosity and something else.
 
“Hi,” he said, somewhat gruffly. “I'm Logan.”
 
Lyss didn't say anything; it was as if his eyes put her in a trance. She watched herself slowly extend her hand towards his. And just as their hands brushed against each other her vision faded to black and she heard herself gasp for air; this time when she opened her minds eye it was still dark and she could see she was in a room, a bedroom. There was no light and it was hard to see. She heard a gasp, a moan, a sigh, and she turned around to see two bodies, skin on skin, the gentle caresses they gave each other, how they moved together, the sighs of contentment she heard. And just as she was about to see the faces of the two lovers her vision cleared and once again she found herself panting for air, but this time in the arms of Logan.
 
She looked up into his concerned face and blushed furiously; somehow she knew that the two people she saw were she and he.
 
“Are you ok?” he breathed out.
 
She struggled to calm her breathing and managed to get out a wispy sounding, “I'm fine.”
 
He stood her up and with his hands still on her shoulders said, “You could've fooled me.”
 
She blushed again and he reluctantly let her go.
 
“Oh dear. I was going to have Rogue show you around the institute but maybe I've pushed you too much and you need your rest,” the Professor said.
 
“Oh no really, I'm fine. The premonitions come more frequently when I meet new people. They don't really hurt or anything, they just keep me winded for a minute or two. I'd really love a tour of the institute,” she replied quickly.
 
“All right, if you insist. Rogue, do you mind showing Lyss around?” he asked.
 
“Not at all. Come on Lyss I'll give you the grand tour,” Rogue said, laughing.
 
“It was nice meeting you all,” Lyss added, her eyes locking with Logan's for an instant, leaving him thinking, `Just what did she see in that premonition of hers?'
_________________________________________________________________ _______
______________________________________________________________ __________
 
Well that's it for now. It was a long introduction but we also learned a few things. Next chapter won't be as boring. I hope you liked it and please review.
 
Review's would be much appreciated, thanks.