You're Under Arrest Fan Fiction ❯ Beyond the Sea ❯ Tranquil Assidousness ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Note: This is my 3rd one-shot self-insertion fanfic and my first here in this site. I'm still reluctant to write but if I receive reviews, maybe I'll be more inspired to do more. I still have 2 fanfics on the way and I'd post them here someday. Please don't give me flames. All such flames would be laughed at by a committee of 16 people and accordingly deleted or ignored. I'm just using anime to improve my journalism skills. I've received good comments from friends with this fic so I decided to post this one. This may be a little like "A walk to remember" but this is still my brain child. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own You're Under Arrest/ Taiho Shichauzo and his characters. I do not own Shoji Tokairin. But if I did, I'd probably be married to him now and live happily ever after. >:)= Chie Mitani is my creation, an alternate version of myself. I'm just a sweets vendor in the Philippines. I do not own anything. Please don't sue me.

Beyond the Sea

Chapter 1: Tranquil Assiduousness

I was standing on the seashore. I tried looking beyond the sea, but I couldn't see anything farther than the view in front of me. With the indigo sky above me, the sand under my feet, the beach in front of me, and the sea breeze in my face, I felt the ultimate tranquility. My thoughts of peace and relaxation were episodic when, out-of nowhere, two arms encircled me from behind in an untimely embrace. I froze in surprise, but gradually loosened as I recognized the familiar warmth and scent of the person who hugged me.

"Chie?" he spoke my name with such caress to every letter that I find it caring and all throughout loving. "What is it?" I answered casually. I was still in his embrace with him protectively caging me from the world. "This place is so beautiful . . . it's sad we only have two more days to stay here." He finally said after five full seconds. He seldom went away from Tôkyô or the mountain where I live and where he works. The sea was like a new vision to him, more like a mirage, an illusion. An admiration from him is well-worth having.

"Why? Don't you miss the mountains?" I asked with jest, resting my head on his shoulder. His dark blue hair flew in the wind. "Of course I do!" he replied defensively. "But this place . . . is different." We shared one lingering kiss after admiring the panorama. We then headed back to the hotel. It was dark by now, so we went to each others' respective rooms after saying goodnight.

His name is Tokairin Shoji. Master Police Officer Tokairin is what people call him. He is a mountain rescue police officer. From Tôkyô, he was assigned to the mountain where I grew up. I have a mountain adventure supplies shop and restaurant, the Tenshi no Yama (Mountain Angel), so he became one of my most frequent customers. After 6 months of close camaraderie, he courted me. He had a girlfriend in Tôkyô who was a traffic police officer turned special service police, but they broke up 4 months before he started to go out with me, to the best of my knowledge. After 3 months, I accepted his wooing. We had a lot in common. We both have a fiery passion for adventure, especially hiking, climbing, trekking, and most of all . . . FOOD! I had climbed all my life, being born on a mountain and living there all my life. It was, for him, an obsession though.. He had even climbed Mt. Everest! His thirst for challenge was never-ending. A year later, we went to this hotel and resort for a retreat. Tomorrow, ashita, Future, mirai, . . . I wish . . . I don't know how to tell him I. . .

*** That's it for chapter 1. Til the next chapter. Yoroshiku!***