You're Under Arrest Fan Fiction ❯ Beyond the Sea ❯ Shattered Silence ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Beyond the Sea

Disclaimer:

I DON'T OWN ANYTHING! But I would like to own my own TV show someday!

Comment:

Thanks for waiting! Enjoy!

Chapter 2: Devastated Silence

We went water biking, sand castle building, and sun bathing in the sun. We dived for corals and saw the marine life. In the evening, we sat by a bonfire on the beach with marshmallows on sticks. The next evening, we had a dinner date at the resort's restaurant. It was our last night in the vista and by morning, we'll be back on our way home.

After we had dinner, we decided to take a walk by the beach. There was no one but the two of us near the seashore. So, with shoes in one hand, each other's hand in the other, we walked, the gentle wind wafting upon our skin. All of a sudden, Shoji stopped in the middle of the beach. "What's wrong?" I asked him, puzzled at the unexpected halt. Without warning, he rapidly knelt on one knee in front of me, took my shoes and placed it beside his own on the sand. He gave me the I'm-serious-look, which was reflected in his usually ebullient eyes. "Shoji . . ." was all I could say. He took a small box of blue velvet and placed it in my right hand, my left hand in his right hand. I opened the box and found the most beautiful ring I've ever seen. It's diamond's brilliance shining on my face. I knew what was happening. "Chie," he began, "will you marry me?" The question suddenly popped out-of-the-blue. I wanted so much to say `yes' and fling myself in his arms, cry for joy and all those other stuff engaged people do, my love for him overwhelming me. But the thought of disappointing him in the future if I say "I do" interfered. Now was the time to say goodbye.

With my face downcast, my green eyes filling up with tears, Shoji looked at me intently, waiting for an answer. I finally had the courage to say, "I'm sorry Shoji . . . I can't." I returned the ring box in his hand then gave him my back. He placed a hand on my shoulder. "What's wrong?" Now he was the one asking that question. "I thought--" I removed his hand and faced him. He was obviously stunned to see tears streaming down my face. "I just can't okay!" He had never heard me raise my voice and he got even more bewildered he didn't speak and didn't try to run after me as I took my shoes and headed back to the hotel. I left him standing there, baffled and shocked. Well, who could blame him? I was surprise of what I just did myself.

I was relieved he didn't try to chase me. He didn't even try to knock on my door and confront me. If he did, I don't know how I could explain why I did what I did. I cried, but I comforted myself that I broke up with him to his best interest.

*************************************************************** ******

That's it! Next chapter please! More reviews please!