You're Under Arrest Fan Fiction ❯ Beyond the Sea ❯ Eternal Farewell ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Beyond the Sea

Disclaimer:

It's getting sick of this, but for formalities sake, I DON'T OWN ANY CHARACTERS HERE IN MY FANFIC! Except of course, Chie Mitani, the heroine and my alternative self for this fic!

Comment:

Pls. Review! This is the last chapter. THANKS!

Chapter 3: Eternal Farewell

In the morning, I was ready to leave. I took the envelope on the side table with my name on it, Mitani Chie, to return to the front desk. I opened the door and there was Shoji, with a half-raised arm and fist in the air. It opted he was about to knock when I opened the door. "Can we talk?" he asked cautiously.

"If it's about last night," I said timidly, "I told you, I can't-"

"Why?" he interrupted, "Don't you love me anymore?"

I wanted to tell him I don't so that he'll stop asking questions, but being an honest person, I have to stop lying to him. I can't hold back anymore. "No. It's not that." I stammered. "I love you. That's why I don't want to hurt you and experience regret when the time comes I have to . . . " I couldn't continue for fear I would cry.

I went pass him into the corridors, bag in hand. I stopped at his ear as he stood at the side of the open doorway, apparently mystified. I whispered . . . "I have leukemia. I have only two more months to live. Forgive me for not telling you. Goodbye." For the second time, I poured cold water over his head.

When I was still in high school, I found out I was anemic. I ate only two times a day because I wanted to save money for the future. By the time I graduated, I had more than enough money to put up the supplies shop. Four years ago, to my dismay, I found out I had leukemia. I stopped responding to treatments wanting to live a normal life. I didn't want other people to feel pity towards me or show them I was frail, especially since I'm the owner of a mountain supplies shop and had been a genuine mountaineer since my birth. I never meant to fall in love, but I did. Now I have to end it all.

As I was walking down the hotel corridors