Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Cecilia's Wish ❯ Destiny of a Child ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Intro

This story is about Cecilia Pegasus, her life and death. Her journal, which was sealed the day she gave birth to the son she was to have with her husband, Maxmillion Pegasus, was given to me by Mr. Pegasus. The reasons her journal was sealed were in a note that I found when I opened her journal. She had stated that she had sealed her journal because the truth behind her death would be more devastating to her husband than her death itself. She knew that when and if she died in childbirth, Pegasus would seek out the child to raise him by himself. She didn't want him to raise the child because she knew it would be utter heartbreak for her husband and her child. She stated in her will that if she died in childbirth, a fate she knew awaited her, her child was to be secretly placed through an adoption agency. The only person other than herself who knew of this possibility was her husband's assistant, Croquet. The child was marked with a talisman called the Millennium Ring. Cecilia had received the ring just months before her death from her childhood friend Ishizu Ishtar, and decided to bestow it upon her child, that once he reached the age of 15 he would receive it. Croquet had her journal at the hospital where she gave birth and sealed it after her final entry. She died in her husband's arms. Pegasus believed that his wife and child had died due to their late arrival at the hospital, and due to a devastating illness that had plagued her since childhood. Only now has the truth come out. Only now after the theft of his Millennium Eye by his son, Bakura will he find out what devastating illness actually claimed the life of his beloved Cecilia. This story is compiled from the writings in her journal.

-1-

I met Maxmillion Pegasus when I was nine years old. I can remember it so clearly, it could have only happened yesterday. It was at a party at his father's summer home. I had been watching him most of the evening. He was a budding young host. I knew that any parties he threw would top the last. Finally I noticed him coming my way.

" I haven't noticed you till now." He told me. He suddenly seemed shy. He was blushing as he spoke. "My name's Maxmillion Pegasus, I don't think I have caught your name."

I told him my name was Cecilia. From that moment on we kept in constant contact. When I visited him we were inseparable. Since I had just moved to that area, I enrolled in the school where Maxmillion was. We were such close friends that everyone said that we'd probably be married some day.

All through our teenage years, Maxmillion had taken up painting and had a great talent. My old friend Ishizu had found some Egyptian artifacts that had strange markings of them. The markings were of some great warriors. Maxmillion agreed to paint a few of the artifacts for the National History Museum in Cairo. One was of a magnificent dragon. The inscription was translated to say that this dragon was known as the Red Eyes Black Dragon. The other painting Maxmillion was of another warrior called Exodia. The project earned him a great sum of money, and a scholarship to an Egyptian school of art. He took the scholarship and when we graduated high school, we moved to Egypt. Maxmillion was so excited. The Egyptian culture was quite intriguing. We spent three years there, at the end of which, on the night he graduated; he presented me with a ring and asked me to marry him. Oh, I remember that night, but I'll go on about that later.

*******************

The shrill ring of the phone jolted Tea from her reverie. She laid the book down on her bed and picked up the phone.

"Hello, oh hi Grandpa Moto" Tea said. She tried to steady her breathing.

"Tea, what's wrong? Are you okay?" Grandpa Moto sounded concerned. "Anyway, I'm calling to see if you've seen Yugi. He said he was going over to your house about an hour ago, but I haven't heard from him yet."

Tea was about to answer that she hadn't seen him when she heard the doorbell ring.

"I think that is him now, I'll let you know if he's here, oh wait. I am on the cordless" Tea walked to the door and opened it. Yugi was standing on the step.

"OH! About time Tea," He teased. "I thought you weren't home."

Grandpa Moto said into the phone, " Tell Yugi that on his way home I need him to pick up something for supper. I don't know what he wants so tell him to pick up anything."

"Okay, I'll tell him Grandpa Moto." Tea said, but Grandpa had already hung up.

"Well Yugi, come on in. I guess I was so caught up in a book I am reading that I didn't even know you were coming until your Grandpa called."

"Tea, that must be some book if it's got you so wrapped up in it! What is it about?" Yugi sounded interested.

"Well it's about Pegasus's late wife, Cecilia. I'm only into the first chapter though. Did you know that Pegasus got the idea for the Dual Monsters cards form a project he was commissioned for as a teenager? And that lady, Ishizu from the museum was an old friend of Cecilia's? Listen to this:"

"The next morning, Ishizu called me. She told me she had something important to tell me but wouldn't say over the phone. Maxmillion had already left to attend some function at the museum so I left a note that I had gone to have lunch with Ishizu. I met her outside the museum and she took me to her apartment. She looked extremely worried but she wouldn't say why. I soon found out."

" `Cecilia with my millenium item, I've seen into your future. Unless you listen to me, you are going to die. Remember that growth they found when you were 13? This has nothing to do with it, but it's important that you listen carefully to what I tell you. If you do as I say, you will grow old with Maxmillion, if you don't, you will die within one year of your wedding date. Whatever you do, DO NOT get pregnant."

"I felt my heart suddenly drop into the pit of my stomach. Not get pregnant, Maxmillion and I longed to have a child after we got married. If I couldn't get give him a child, why, we'd be heartbroken."

******

Tea looked up form the book. Yugi looked startled.

"Tea, If she did get pregnant, then why doesn't Pegasus have any children? I don't think that this can be very good. Does Pegasus know of this book? Does he know of its secrets? Yami and I are trying to find a way to return his Millenium eye to him, but so far Bakura has it so well hidden that I don't even think he knows where it is."

Tea looked at the forward to the book again. " I don't think he knows about all the secrets. It says that Cecilia sealed her journal and that Croquet had hidden it so Pegasus wouldn't find it. When he did find it, he turned it over to the author and she had opened it and read a letter from Cecilia that stated that she never wanted to hurt or loose Pegasus, but in order for her child's destiny to be fulfilled, she had so sacrifice her life."