Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Double Identity ❯ Within My Soul ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Meira: *grumbling darkly*

Yami: *sigh* She has writer's block again… and a bad case of it too.

Meira: *listening to angsty music*

Yami: And she's trying to get into a depressed mood so she can write this story correctly. She's not making much progress…

Meira: *tapping hand on mouse*

Yami: Then she drove herself deep into a plot hole, so she can't get out…

Meira: …

Yami: Meira doesn't own Yu-Gi-Oh, Kai Hiwatari, Saéka Mizuki, or Riruka Takahashi.

Meira: Well… I have to get through this chapter… somehow…

Yami: *anime fall*

Meira: Good luck with you all in getting through this chapter. As most of you can [hopefully] tell, I'm trying to get through Battle City, and fast… which isn't working because I don't have enough time online to read the episode guides for Noa's virtual reality world. Oh… and thank you to GLTB for reviewing… again. I GOT MORE REVIEWS!!! ^-^ Well… even if most of them are from GLTB…

And I found out that I can't make the chapters any longer… Mediaminer cut off some of my last chapter because it was getting so long.

Yami: *anime fall*

IMPORTANT!!!

Mind link:

Yugi to Yami - < >

Yami to Yugi - << >>

// Thoughts //)

~~Yugi's POV~~

What was that? I looked up to see a strange, bald guy running toward me. "Yugi Mutou!" he yelled, jumping down from the banister.

"AAH!" I yelled, bracing myself as he came flying down.

"You and the Pharaoh shall face my wrath!" he shouted. I looked at him. The Millennium Eye was on his forehead.

"Marik!" I shouted.

"Prepare to duel!" the guy shouted.

[Meira: Yes… I know I shortened it quite a bit, but it's been a couple weeks since I saw this duel, and I'm too lazy to go and look through all the episodes that I taped. It's just too far in…]

~~Saéka's POV~~

//As long as these symbols stay on us, we promise to avenge mother and father.//

//ANISA! YOU WILL REGRET THIS WITH ALL YOUR LIFE! YOU JUST WAIT… I'LL MAKE YOU PAY! I WILL MAKE YOU AND THE PHARAOH PAY! ALL OF YOU WILL PAY WITH YOUR LIVES!//

What Bakura had said flashed through my mind. I couldn't believe it… was my past life truly that way? Was I… truly that way?

Bakura had seemed so maniacal when I had seen him in that alley. Perhaps it was because I looked so much like that… Priestess.

His sister.

The one who betrayed him… The one who had promised to help him avenge his mother and father… and instead went to help the enemy.

Where was my soul room? I looked around. It was probably easier for Yugi and Yami to communicate with each other… they had two soul rooms inside one mind. Of course they could find theirs with ease.

Wait… maybe I could find my way in. All I had to do was believe…

~~Inside Saéka's Mind~~

Where was this place? I looked around. The door seemed so strange…

I put my hand on the doorknob and slowly opened the door. It seemed safe enough… but wait… where was I?

The walls of this… room were rather peculiar. It looked almost Egyptian… like I had seen in those visions that Ishizu had shown me.

I glanced around. It was strange… what was this place?

Then it hit me. I was in my soul room! How I got here I don't know… but I was here! Finally…

I walked around slowly. Man… this place was really weird. It looked like I was really in Egypt… yet not there at the same time.

Something ahead of me glowed. Something on the wall. I ran up to it.

A monster came out, lashing out, ready to strike.

Wingweaver.

"Wingweaver," I whispered softly. My favorite card… here in my soul room… Go figure.

Wingweaver observed me closely, then bowed her head and vanished. I looked around wildly, hoping to see her again. That was strange…

I went farther in. this place was getting darker and scarier every instant. But for some reason, I went deeper in.

-CRASH!

Damn… I had crashed into a wall. No wonder I didn't see it… this room was pitch black. I couldn't see a thing. Where was light when you needed it?

Wait… there was something engraved on this wall. I ran my hand along the grooves in the wall.

Strange… what were these carvings doing here? I didn't recall seeing carvings before… what was up with this?

"Damnit…" I muttered. "Where's a light switch when you need one?"

A light shone behind me. I turned around to see a torch lit up. Great… now I had to handle fire? How dense was my soul room anyway?

I picked up the torch and turned around, shining light onto the carving.

What… was this?

A carving of Bakura… in weird clothing. His hand held out in front of him, a giant monster standing behind him. I had seen that somewhere before…

Diabound.

I turned toward the other half of the carving. There was… oh god. Me. Or rather, a carving that looked like me. And behind me…

Wingweaver.

What was the meaning of all this?

I peered closely at the carving. Wait… there seemed to be a door over there. I walked toward it.

Something bad was behind this door.

Yet I still opened the door.

A light shone through the door. The strangest thing about this light was that it was black. A black light. Shining…

"AAH!" I yelled.

The light died down. I looked through it to see a chamber. A very strange chamber… it looked Egyptian.

"ANISA!" I heard somebody yell. I turned to see Bakura being dragged away by several guards. Another person was sitting on a high throne… he looked like he could be a Pharaoh. A boy was standing next to him, one that looked about my age.

"Leila," the boy said, turning toward a girl that looked about his age. Wait… this boy looked an awful lot like Yami… could it really be him?

"Do you know of this Anisa that he talks about?" Yami said.

I glanced toward the girl. Ra… she looked just like me. This must be Anisa… but did Yami just call her Leila?

"My Prince," Leila said, shaking her head. "No, I do not."

I couldn't believe it. She was clearly Anisa… Bakura's sister.

Leila shifted slightly into the light. My eyes widened as I saw a symbol carved into her flesh. It was faint, but it was still there.

"ANISA!" Bakura yelled, looking at Leila. "WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?"

"Who is this Anisa?" Leila asked coldly, showing no compassion in her eyes, her expression nonchalant.

"SISTER!" Bakura screamed.

"Take him away!" the man on the throne yelled, thrusting out his hand.

"ANISA!" Bakura yelled, being dragged away. "SISTER!"

Leila looked down. I could almost see tears forming in her eyes.

How could she just stand there and let them do this to her own brother?

"Leila," Yami said, looking closely at her. "Are you sure that you do not know who he is?"

"No, I do not," Leila replied, impatiently brushing away her tears. "I just had something in my eye."

Bakura's face darkened. "Your new name matches your soul," he hissed. "YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS!"

I stood there, dumbstruck. Why…? Why would Leila do that?

Dark light filled the room. I closed my eyes.

"Saéka," I heard a voice say softly. Slowly I opened my eyes.

Where… was I?

"Are you okay?" the person said softly. There… a person was standing in front of me.

But… who was he?

[Meira: You will find out who soon enough… but not in this chapter. BWAHAHAHA!]

~~Kai's POV~~

I kicked a rock. Saéka was being awfully strange…

I mean… it was strange enough that she had yelled at me like that earlier… she'd never done that…

Of course, she had yelled at me before. But it was all in good nature. She pisses me off and I piss her off. It's basically our circle of friendship. It's how we stayed friends all those years. Strange circle… yes.

But the way that she had yelled at me… it was like she was a completely different person. Somebody that I didn't know. Somebody that didn't care. Somebody that wasn't my friend.

It'd always been hard for me to make friends. People hated my guts and my personality. Saéka was one of the very few that ever stood me long enough to actually become a friend. Yeah… it took a couple of years…

It sounds strange, yeah… but Saéka was actually the first friend that I ever had.

When I first met her, I hated her. From the fact that she was popular to the fact that she was the only person who could even match my death glare… for about a minute. She'd tried to be nice… but it never turned out right.

~~Flashback~~

"Class," my teacher, Mrs. Franz announced. "We have a new student today, Kai Hiwatari." She nudged me. "Say hello, Kai."

"Hi," I said shortly. Being seven years old and changing classes wasn't exactly easy…

"Why don't you sit down next to Saéka?" Mrs. Franz asked, smiling warmly at me. I resisted the urge to shudder.

Walking over and sitting next to the girl proved to be a challenge. I'd only gone to private, all boys schools before, so I'd never really talked to a girl.

That girl… Saka or something… turned toward me.

"Hi!" she said brightly. "My name's Saéka! And this is my friend Virginia," she added, gesturing toward a girl that was sitting next to her.

I tried to say something nice… but all that came out was a "Go to hell."

~~End Flashback~~

After that day… Saéka and I were mutual enemies. I would death glare her and she would throw my lunch onto the school roof. Virginia wasn't much help either. Sure, she couldn't death glare half as well as Saéka could… but she was still nice.

~~Flashback~~

"Saka!" I called out from across the playground.

"What do you want, Dranzie?" she laughed, using the nickname that she had come up with for me. I shuddered.

"You're a bitch from hell," I remarked. I knew I was using big words for a ten year old, but it was just simpler to annoy her that way.

Saéka's face darkened. "You called me that yesterday," she said, shrugging my comment off. Clearly she knew that that was my weak spot… I hated to be ignored.

"Damn," I muttered, death glaring her.

She death glared me right back, something that I didn't expect.

She lasted far longer than anybody else had… about a minute. Then my death glare got the best of her.

"Idiot," she muttered, stalking off.

I shrugged. At least I knew that I had annoyed her.

~~End Flashback~~

It wasn't that easy to be Saéka's friend. Especially a guy friend. When we were thirteen, she had the impression that a guy named Alec from school was stalking her, since he and his friends were always doing weird stuff in front of her.

Ha. Like that ever happened.

But somehow… Saéka and I became friends. Since then, she's always been my best friend.

But I didn't know her anymore.

I was deep in my thoughts when I saw Saéka sitting down at a seat in a café, with her eyes closed. She looked pretty tense, actually.

I walked slowly up to her. I had to find out what was going on.

"Saéka?" I asked, looking at her. She didn't open her eyes. "We need to talk."

She still didn't open her eyes. I waved my hand in front of her face.

"Helloooo," I said teasingly. "Is Saéka in there?" Yet she still remained motionless.

That was when I started to panic. What was wrong with her?

Saéka opened her eyes slowly.

"Kai…" she whimpered, tears streaming down her face. What the-? Saéka rarely cried… it just didn't make any sense. Something must have happened to her.

"Saéka," I whispered, as soothing as I could. "What's wrong?"

"Dark…" she whispered. "Dark…"

"Dark?" I asked, confused. "What's dark?"

In response, tears just flowed down her face.

I drew her close to me and held her close. "You can tell me, it's okay."

Instead of replying, she buried her face into my shoulder and let her tears fall free.

***`

"What's wrong?" I asked, when she had finally stopped crying.

"Dark," she whispered.

"What'd Bakura do to you?" I asked angrily. It was only after she had been attacked by Bakura that she had started acting like this, so clearly something was going on. "What did that no good-"

"Don't talk about him that way!" she said, enraged. "He's been through more than any of us!"

I was actually surprised to hear her defending Bakura.

"What happened?" I asked gently, hoping that she would tell me.

"I was in a dark room," she whispered, burying her face in her hands. "So dark…"

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"It means…" she hesitated. She seemed to be thinking about what I said. She probably didn't know the answer,

"What?" I asked again. I immediately regretted it afterward, because she started crying again. Damnit… why couldn't I do anything right?

"Sorry," I said hastily, hoping that she would stop crying. "I didn't mean to offend you or anything-"

"It's not your fault," Saéka muttered, impatiently brushing aside my comment.

"Then do you mind telling me what happened?" I asked, mustering up the kindest voice that I could come up with…, which was actually… surprisingly difficult.

She thought for a little bit more, not coming up with any answers.

Then realization struck her.

"Darkness," she whispered. "Darkness within my soul. Darkness that's been building up for over five thousand years."

I didn't understand what she meant by that, but I whispered to her the only answer that I could come up with.

"Remember… darkness will always be defeated by light…"

(Meira: *looking at files on computer* Man… Daughter of the Nile needs work…

Yami: And you just figured that out?

Meira: … I'm trying to keep the Authoress Notes short… trying to have longer chapters and shorter Authoress Notes. It's nicer that way! ^-^ But this is still a boring, crappy chapter. I had writer's block…

Yami: But then you don't get to talk as much…

Meira: If I wanted to drone on and on and on, I'd go to my Xanga.

Yami: You already do that on your Xanga…

Meira: My point exactly. ^-^

Yami: *anime fall*

Meira: Please read and review! All comments welcome!

Yami: *sadly* That was my job…

Meira: *sigh* Why did I ever start writing?

Yami: Because you read a FanFic and decided that you wanted to write too? And with the help and support of your friends, you got to here!

Meira: I guess… but you don't count `cause all you do is discourage me.

Yami: …

Meira: I've realized that I've been spelling Anisa wrong this entire time… it's supposed to be spelled Anisah. Too late to change it though… I guess it'll just be a misspelling…

And technically, Leila's name is supposed to mean `Night.' I got it confused with `Dark.' Again…

Yami: *anime fall* Bad news by the way… Meira has to practice for the state High School placement test, so she won't be updating for a while. Then add that to the fact that she has writer's block and can't think of anything to write…

Then she talked to GLTB today, and GLTB said that she didn't really like these dark chapters… so Meira's going to limit those too. She'll have to go back to happy, fluffy chapters.

Meira: *shudders* Don't remind me… but believe me. The ending to this story will be just as dark as these chapters, if not darker. And as for the romance/fluff in this chapter, thank you GLTB.

Yami: *anime fall*)