Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Double Identity ❯ Voices ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Meira: *giggly*

Yami: *sigh* What is it this time?

Meira: Lol… I just read a cute FanFic! I got to make fun of Kaiba!

Yami: YES!!! I remember that… I got to mind crush somebody too.

Meira: *jumps up and down*

Yami: Great… and she has to write another dark chapter too.

Meira: *grimaces* Don't remind me…

Yami: Meira doesn't own Yu-Gi-Oh or any of its characters, Kai Hiwatari, Saéka Mizuki, or Riruka Takahashi. She does own any other miscellaneous characters though.

Meira: Great… now I don't feel like writing a dark chapter. Damnit… and this has to be a dark story too. Last chapter was dark… this chapter needs to be just as dark, if not more.

Yami: -.-`

Meira: … I guess I'd better get writing then. *turns toward computer*

Yami: Well, we'd better leave her alone so she doesn't go crazy with writer's block again. Yes, she has writer's block again… but she's also mad that she's writing a dark story again. I mean, angst is *rolls eyes sarcastically* fun and all, but it wouldn't kill her to write a happy story with a happy ending for once.

Meira: *coldly* I like dark, sad, terrifying stories. I took a quiz and it said that I was `Angst.'

Yami: -.-` You're starting to sound like Kaiba…

Meira: WHAT?!?! YOU MEAN THAT ARROGANT-

Yami: Ssh… There are Kaiba fans out there…

Meira: *sheepishly* Sorry about that…

// Thoughts //)

~~Saéka's POV~~

"Now," Kai said gently. "Tell me exactly what happened."

It actually surprised me that Kai could be this caring… he'd never acted this way before. Always mean and swearing at people. After all, his first words to me were `Go to hell.'

I tried to gather my courage to tell him what had happened, but it failed me.

"What's wrong?" he asked, peering into my face.

I took a deep breath, hoping to forget what I had seen… but the picture just wouldn't leave my mind… Leila… just letting her brother be executed…

Kai looked worried… maybe I should tell him…

But he would never understand.

"Why were you crying?" he pressed on, clearly inevitable to the fact that I didn't want to talk about what I had seen.

"Don't want to talk about it…" I muttered.

Kai nodded. "When you're ready to tell me, I'll listen," he replied quietly.

I thought for a minute.

A figure came to my mind. No… not this…

~~Flashback~~

[Meira: This is where I left off last chapter, with the whole Saéka seeing somebody thing.]

"Are you okay?" he repeated, glancing at me.

"I think so," I replied shakily, getting up off the floor and glancing around while I was at it.

Wait… this was back in the Egyptian chamber! But how…

Oh yeah… I hadn't left my soul room yet…

"Well, we're going to be late for the new Pharaoh's proclamation," the guy said impatiently. I looked closer at him.

KAIBA?!?!

"Leila, come on!" he said, tugging at my arm, signaling for me to hurry up.

Leila?

"I'm coming," I replied, exasperated. The person who looked like Kaiba was walking quickly, as if he were late or something.

"If we are late, you are taking responsibility for this," he muttered. "What is it if the High Priest is late because of a Priestess?"

"Shut up," I replied, annoyed. "Just because you are High Priest does not mean that you did not promise to help me take care of the sick villagers in town, and it just happened to make us late."

Whoa… did I just say that? Strange… and what was Kaiba doing as the High Priest? Strange… And why the hell was I not using contractions in my words?

"Well, if Pri- Pharaoh Yami does not mind, then I suppose I will let you go this time," he muttered.

"Idiot," I muttered, punching his arm. He rubbed it.

"Great…" he muttered. "If only father could see me now… Being tortured relentlessly by a girl."

"Do not be silly!" I snapped. "I do not torture you relentlessly!"

"Then what do you call being tortured relentlessly?" he asked, mocking me. "Especially by a girl who is a Priestess…"

"Whatever," I laughed, brushing my hair impatiently out of my face.

***`

"Bakura!" I yelled, racing out of the cavern. I couldn't believe it… he had just killed the Pharaoh… Yami… "Show yourself!"

"Anisa!" he laughed, jumping down from his horse, which had ridden up silently behind me. "You have finally decided to come and meet me face to face."

"It's been a long time," I replied, seething. "What did you do to the Pharaoh?"

"Nothing," he replied, smirking. "I only followed the honor of our -sorry- my family and destroyed the Pharaoh."

"Mother and father would never have wanted to see you this way," I said sadly, shaking my head. "They would not have wished to see you plotting revenge… wasting your life on this…"

Bakura's face darkened. "And you are telling me what to do?" he asked, spitting out his words. "You are the one who betrayed our family!"

"I only left you after I realized what a horrible thing death is," I replied, making myself as tall as I could. "I did not wish to see more bloodshed."

"And you did not think of how many lives would be lost when you betrayed me?" Bakura hissed.

"I will make you pay," I hissed. "Brother or not, I will avenge the Pharaoh."

"So you decide to avenge the Pharaoh," Bakura shouted, his face darkening. "Instead of avenging our parents!"

"Vengeance is not the answer," I glowered.

"And you still say that?" Bakura looked amused.

"DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU HAVE JUST DONE?" I screamed. "YOU HAVE JUST KILLED THE PHARAOH, AND NOW OUR KINGDOM IS WITHOUT A RULER, AND WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF BEING ATTACKED BY LOWER EGYPT ANY TIME!"

"You still care for the kingdom," Bakura whispered, shaking his head. "And I was under the impression that you only cared for the Pharaoh."

Neither of us noticed the dark shadows creeping up around us.

"The Pharaoh saved my life," I hissed. "I owe him my life."

"You are faithful," Bakura remarked. "Mother and father would have been proud. They would be prouder if you could turn over your faith to the other side."

I shook my head. "I will not."

Shadows crept even closer to us.

Bakura's looked amused. "I thought that you'd say that. You were always the type to stick to your beliefs." He got off his horse and grabbed my arm.

"What do you think you are doing?" I yelled, trying to break free.

He ripped off my cloak to fully expose the scar on my left collar bone.

"Do you remember this?" he asked softly, jabbing his finger at the Eye of Ra carved into my flesh. "Do you remember what you promised when I carved this?"

"I promised-" I said. I couldn't bring myself to say those words. To say that I had promised to help him destroy the Pharaoh and his entire family.

"You remember," he replied softly. "You remember what you promised."

"But I will not help you," I whispered. "I will not… BETRAY THE PHARAOH!"

I pushed him away from me. Bakura looked surprised. Anger… hatred… It was all building up inside of me.

"Anisa!" he yelled. "Calm down!"

"NO!!!" I shouted. "You have no control over me!"

"JUST CALM DOWN!!!" he roared, glancing wildly around.

That was when I noticed the shadows surrounding us. More me than him, but still encircling us. When it had swallowed me up, I finally realized what was going on.

Power surged through me.

"MYTHIC DRAGON!" I roared, summoning the legendary dragon. [Meira: You all do know that this is the dragon that has five heads and a yellow body, right?]

Bakura looked scared, almost frightened at the sight of my monster. Then he grinned.

"Your monster is powerful," he smirked. "But it does seem that we have something else in common. Darkness."

"What do you mean?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"DIABOUND!" he shouted, summoning his Kaa. It was huge… it probably could take out my dragon within seconds. [Meira: All of you know that Diabound can stand up to the power of an Egyptian God, right?]

Darkness continued to surround me, sending me power. "MYTHIC DRAGON!" I called. "ABSORB MY POWER TO INCREASE YOUR OWN!"

The shadows seemed to jump up into the air, being absorbed by my dragon. Now I realized what the shadows were.

[Meira: Remember… these are only parts of what Saéka sees. Not all of it is complete.]

***`

I dropped to my knees, tears stinging my eyes. The Pharaoh… he and Mana… had destroyed Bakura.

Yes, Bakura had killed Mahado. Hadn't the Pharaoh had enough? Did he have to kill him? Vanquish him for all eternity?

"Leila," I heard Yami say quietly. "Is everything alright?"

"Fine," I muttered, brushing aside my tears.

"You seem upset about something," Aishisu said.

"Yes," Seto smirked. "You should be rejoicing with the rest of us. The Tomb Robber is finally vanquished."

No… he couldn't be gone. I didn't know that not taking his side would bring his downfall… And now I had to pay the price… he was gone.

"Priestess… Are you sure that you are all right?" Shimon asked, kneeling down beside me.

"I'm fine…" I tried to smile. "I think I am just worn out. It has been a long day."

"Yes, it has been quite long," Yami smiled at me. "You should go and get some rest."

I nodded.

As I walked down the hall, I noticed a carving of Bakura. Probably to show that Yami had prevailed over the evil Tomb Robber.

Tears flowed down my face as I walked deeper into the shadows.

"Brother…" I whispered, touching the Eye of Ra engraved on my flesh.

"I will avenge your death…"

~~End Flashback~~

"Saéka?" Kai asked, waving his hand in front of my face. "You okay?"

"Fine," I smiled weakly. "Just some things shocked me…"

Kai smiled.

"Kai," I asked suddenly. "Do you think that I'm a light or a dark?"

He looked surprised by this question.

"What do you mean?" he asked, obviously wondering why I had asked a question like that. I mean, I normally didn't ask random stuff like this.

"I mean, do you think I'm good or evil?"

Kai thought for a minute.

"I'd say that you're a light," he said slowly. "You never have any intentions of hurting anybody… I don't think you could ever be a dark."

My spirits lifted up at these words. And I knew that Kai wasn't lying… he never lied.

"Thanks," I smiled.

"No problem," he replied, looking confused.

//Find the Pharaoh.//

I looked around wildly. What was that voice?

"Something wrong?" Kai asked, peering into my face.

"Did you hear something?" I asked, surprised that my voice sounded this tense.

//The Pharaoh.//

"Hear what?" Kai asked, looking confused.

"Hear somebody saying something about the Pharaoh," I replied, still looking around.

"I didn't hear anybody…"

//Find the Pharaoh.//

"There it is again!" I shouted, looking around. People turned around and stared at me like I was crazy.

"Er…" Kai said, eyeing me warily. "You sure you're okay?"

//Destroy… Destroy…//

"What?" I asked, talking to myself. Destroy…? What? Destroy? I didn't understand.

//Destroy… DESTROY!//

This was really starting to freak me out… it was scary. The voice was getting harsher… like it was upset about something.

//The Pharaoh…//

"Saéka?" Kai asked, waving his hand in front of my face. "You in there?"

//DESTROY!//

My eyes widened as I realized what the voice wanted me to do.

~~Another Character's POV~~

[Meira: No… you guys do not know who this person is… it's an original character. Watch and wait…]

I smiled as I sat in the waiting area at the airport.

"Attention passengers," the voice on the intercom said. "We are now boarding flight 867 from Chicago, Illinois to Tokyo, Japan. We will now be seating rows one to ten."

I gathered up my luggage and got up off my seat. Finally… after weeks of waiting, I was going to Japan.

After she had left, I had felt alone, desperate. But now all that was going to change.

All I had to do was board this plane.

Saéka, you'd better watch out. I'm coming to join you.

(Meira: Dee da do da de da!!!

Yami: She has that stupid song, Glorioso stuck in her head… it's driving the shit out of me…

Meira: *annoyed* You know… this FanFic is rated PG-13… you don't need to say stuff that will make me up the rating.

Yami: …

Meira: Well… it would be nice if you just shut up… I have writer's block again. I can't believe I drove myself even deeper into that plot hole… and I'd just told myself to get out of it. And this is yet another crappy chapter…

Though it's kinda funny… most people that read these chapters think that they're pretty good, but I think that they're pretty bad. Hehe…

Yami: …

Meira: Reviews welcome!

Important Question: Should I up the rating? It's not like me to write R rated stories, but this story is just going to get really, really dark and sad. Yes, I mean it.

Yami: Don't give the story away…

Meira: *exasperated* You know, a lot of people already know what's going to happen at the end of this story…

Yami: *annoyed* You only told GLTB.

Meira: *anime fall*

Yami: -.-` Meira, seriously… why did you add in a stalker guy at the end?

Meira: Who told you that he was a stalker?

Yami: It's kinda obvious, you know. I mean, "Saéka, you'd better watch out. I'm coming to join you." Doesn't that sound stalker-like to you?

Meira: I wrote it… so no.

Yami: *anime fall*

Meira: All of you will just have to wait and see who that person is. GLTB probably already knows… I told her that person's name.

Yami: And you didn't tell me?

Meira: I don't tell you anything!

Yami: -.-` Ah well… please review! Meira's stories need some appreciation… she's writing despite writer's block. And flames will be flamed right back! *glares at flamers*)