Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Masquerade ❯ The Deal And The Addiction ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Nero: I am heeere! *dances around the room with her Joey muse*

Yami: u.u for the love of Ra, would you stop dancing to the Music from Romeo and Juliet, and get to writing!

Nero: Alright, alright! I'll get started with my fanfiction!

Yugi: ^_^ the music does sound pretty though! *follows music, hand mimicking the piano keys*

Yami: *huggles Yugi* Nero! Stop dancing and say the disclaimer!

Nero: ¬.¬ shut up Pharaoh. Joey say my disclaimer!

Joey: Alrighty 'den! Nero doesn't own Yu-Gi-Oh, it's © Kazuki Takahashi and she's just using us for her fanfiction! She also doesn't own the music that inspires her to write this fanfiction! Well she does in a way because she downloaded it and it's on her hard drive-

Seto: >_< Shut up Mutt and finish the Disclaimer!

Joey: Don't rush me Moneybags! All she owns are her Original Characters, Some Kingdom Hearts Soundtracks and a bunch of other Stuff! Be sure to review and leave constructive criticism and no flames! Flames will be used to burn off Mai's hair and nails and other things Nero hates!

Nero/Yami/Yugi/Joey: ^_^ Enjoy the fic!

Summary: There's a Masquerade Ball in 2 weeks and Kaiba Seto has to attend. There's just one slight problem; Kaiba can't dance if his life depended on it, and he has to have a date. How he snags one? They make a deal. But even after the night is said and done, there was just so much more to see…

Musical Inspirations: Romeo and Juliet- Juliet's Requiem, and Morning Breaks (from the '96 version with Leo)

Pairings: Seto/OC

Warnings: Eventual Lemon, Cursing, Drug Usage

Chapter One: The Deal and The Addiction

There was no rush needed as Kaiba Seto walked down the hallway toward his first class; it would be another normal day for him. Briefcase in hand, blue Domino High School uniform pressed and worn neatly, the buttons polished so bright that they looked brand new every day. His hair was no different, and his facial expression rarely ever changed. To everyone else he was the most arrogant teenaged male in Domino, who looked down on everyone else.

Pushing open the door he walked to his usual seat in the back of the classroom, ignoring some of the looks most females gave him. Despite his arrogant nature, the six foot duelist was quite handsome…sexually desirable even. He sat down, deciding to take out a book that he was reading previously. He just never found the time to get around finishing it, being that he was so busy with his ever famous Company Kaiba Corporation. His blue eyes remained locked onto the pages, only stopping to look up when he was turning the pages. He was already drowning the noise from those other students that lingered there, jabbering about useless things just waiting for the Teacher to arrive.

The door slid open again, and another figure had entered the room. Usually, Seto wouldn't have paid any mind, but this was different. He hadn't seen her around before, so naturally she had to have been new. She looked like she belonged with the rest of the freaks who decided that piercing metal on their bodies would make them fit in; she had two piercings on the upper cartilage of both her ears, and he could see the butterfly shaped metal on her eyebrow. She had a usually green eye color, mostly pertaining to a jade color for the moment, and there was a large scar across her right eye when she blinked for a moment. She looked to be about 5 feet 10 or 11 inches and had pale tan colored skin. Seto could tell she must have trained somewhat; the fairly visible muscles on her legs and arms were there. She wore the usual Domino High girls' uniform loosely, and she wore white thigh highs instead of knee highs, and she wore combat boots instead of the usual brown loafers most of them wore.

Seto watched as she sat down, pulling something out of her bag. It looked like a sketchbook that was filled to capacity already with a few blank pages to spare, the cover a deep Mahogany colored, decorated with various stickers, a few being Dragon classed Duel Monsters. Seto had long since put down his book and was trying to look at the art inside. It was a rare occasion he was distracted by someone else who wasn't worth his time, but what the hell, he figured she'd help him pass the time. His eyes diverted toward one drawing in the book, which looked like the most recent one; it was his favorite monster, the Blue Eyes White Dragon. It was in black ink, the ink he'd usually see used in art class when the teacher would write Kanji on the blank easel. He watched her smooth hands add in the rest of the body, including details onto the tail before moving onto the eye; the mouth was open, exposing the razor sharp teeth he'd gotten so used to seeing in the hologram and the card itself, and the stream of lightning coming from its mouth.

It was odd to him; even some of the most serious, well known painters couldn't paint this dragon for him, which seemed to easy to her. It almost looked real to him, and he was tempted to touch the drawing itself, but he'd rather not bother himself even further with her. He tried turning his eyes away but they were attracted to the dragon. She reached into her bag, pulling out thin markers deciding to color in the background, and then coloring in the eye in the oddest shades of blue, putting them together into one. His mouth quirked into a small smile, which would be a smirk to the untrained eye as the teacher walked in.

The teenaged girl raised her head up, shutting the book and Seto was almost disappointed to see her stop drawing, but he decided to return to putting his belongings away and directing his attention toward the front of the room. The teacher took out her glasses slipping them on and looking at the group of students who were just plain old not happy to be here. She put on the best smile possible and opened her lips to speak.

"Good Morning class, we will begin with a small review of the first pages of the book that you read for homework last night…"

Seto simply pulled out the thin book, looking through the pages, stopping when necessary. The Teacher looked around the room, and then spoke to Seto.

"Please," she started, her smile growing. "Tell me what the Prince told his lover at the ball that evening…I'm sure you read it."

Seto gave a very small smile, it actually meaning nothing; the teacher loved hearing his voice anyways. His blue eyes skimmed down toward the ball scene, recognizing the line; it was in French.

The class grew silent (mostly the females did. The males groaned, putting their faces into their hands) and waited for him to speak.

"Oh wait; you'll need a 'lover' first." The teacher interjected before he started to speak.

"Fine, just make it snappy. I don't have all day for this." Seto replied. The girls started squealing like crazy and the guys shook their heads; they didn't even get what was so great about some 16 year old snob who thought he was better than everyone else just because he owned a company and was the top duelist in all of Japan.

"What about…" the teacher started, her pearl colored eyes scanned the room. They stopped upon the girl Seto had noticed before. She seemed too absorbed in something else at the moment and she was the perfect target. "You…Kusanagi Rezi." She finished. Seto's eyes scanned over to the same girl who was drawing not too long ago. He watched as she looked her, her eyes confused over and she pointed to herself for a moment.

"…Me…" she started.

"Yes, you. I don't think there's another person with the same name and look." Seto replied.

"No one asked you." Rezi replied, not looking at him.

"Take it from the top would you Seto?" The teacher started. Seto nodded, standing up. With ease he grabbed Rezi's hand, forcing her up out of her seat and pulling her close to him.

"Je t'aime mon mabelle…" he started huskily, his voice very smooth and low, looking into her eyes. Following the book, he dipped her gracefully, and Rezi could only follow her part and sigh dreamily and look back into his eyes, blushing softly.

The classmates started to gasp and the teacher leaned over the desk very into the moment herself, for someone so serious.

"J'ai envie de toi desesperement…Fais-moi l'amour…" Rezi replied.

The teacher clapped loudly and the class could only clap along not to be rude.

"Don't think too much of this." Seto spoke to her. Rezi's eyes softened before she just looked at him.

"I don't plan on it." She replied easily as he pulled her back up. "It's not that special."

Returning to his seat Seto put the book down, and returned to reading the one before he was asked to do something meaningless. Rezi sat down in her chair deciding to finish off her drawing for the moment, pretending like nothing ever happened at all. Both Seto and Rezi decided to continue their lives exactly like it was everyday…until the teacher announced the most unspeakable thing ever.

"There shall be a dance in 2 weeks and everyone must attend! You must have a partner because the two of you will reflect upon it together in an essay." The teacher gushed with such enthusiasm, the class didn't need to cheer. They let out long groans, and then began to scurry around to find partners.

~*~

At the end of the day, Rezi retreated toward the end of her locker opening it. Naturally, it wouldn't budge and she got frustrated. She growled internally and finally it tore open, a few things sliding down and out of the evil metal being. She turned around, panicking over what flew out and stopped by the feet of Kaiba Seto.

"I'm sorry about that…" she trailed off.

Seto looked down, picking up the objects and staring at them in his hand. He looked at her with dark blue eyes, shaking his head in pity. By now the students had cleared the hallway, heading outside into the pretty autumn weather and it was just them in the hallway.

"Please don't tell anyone…especially my cousin Yugi…" Rezi started.

"What, that his relative is into taking S?" Seto replied, smirking at her. "It's such a same…I guess there's one bad apple connected to the Moutou family."

Rezi reached for the objects Seto was holding only to have him pull his balled up fist back. "Kaiba…just give it all back to me and you can pretend that you never saw it…the crushed-" she started in reply.

"I'll keep your secret under one condition." Seto interrupted. "You'll accompany me to that silly Masquerade party this way you and I both don't fail anything. There's nothing I hate more than failing something I know I can pass because of some simple requirement."

"Okay, okay…I'll accompany you to the party…what, afraid of saying it's a date?" Rezi replied, reaching for her objects again.

"What, afraid of telling your friends and family you're an addict?" Seto shot, smirking all the while. Rezi looked at him sighing, and reaching for the S again.

"No," Seto spoke again, tossing the drugs away into the trash can.

Rezi lowered her head, shutting her locker door. "Look, I get the whole fucking fact that you're a CEO and you have all these witty comebacks and everything is being handed to you on a silver Ra damned platter, but look don't insult me unless you've taken a walk in my shoes!"

"I don't think I want to." Seto replied. Rezi growled. "You are so damned lucky I agreed to this otherwise I would've hit you a long time ago." She shot back, clenching her fists. Seto smirked at her, turning around and walking down the hallway carrying his briefcase.

Rezi growled and ran after him, and did the next thing no one dared to try no matter how tough they were. She whipped the teenaged CEO around and laid a mean right fist on the side of his face, with enough force that he slid back and his ass collided with the smooth waxed floor. Rezi pulled back her fist letting it drop to her side, looking down at him.

"And that's for being a jackass who thinks he can walk all over everyone…let me tell you something Kaiba Seto…I am one person who is NOT going to stand for you and your high and mighty attitude. I am not afraid of you." She spat down at him. Seto stood up, ignoring the pain in his face as he glared at her gritting his teeth.

"You should be…" he started.

"Because you have a shit load of power?! I don't think so…For the next two weeks, you're not gonna walk all over me and vice versa-"

Seto stopped her right there. "You wouldn't walk all over me because I wouldn't let you. Face it, no one walks all over me and gets away with it."

Rezi grit her teeth, glaring at him. "And I certainly won't put up with you interrupting me!" she replied. "You are going to let me finish speaking and-HEY! Get the hell back here!"

Seto had already decided to walk down the hallway and exit the building, deciding that he wouldn't put up with her shit at all. Rezi stormed off after him, backpack halfway on her back, her ponytail tailing after her before it stopped to rest on her shoulders. He was getting into the limousine and quickly driving off down toward the large building that towered above all of Domino; Kaiba Corporation.

Rezi growled, her fists clenched before she stormed off the other way, figuring that this would be a very interesting 2 weeks ahead of her. Her boots stomped down the pavement, passing by groups of students that lingered on the corner gossiping about random thing that pertained to their own interesting or boring lives. She rounded the corner only to spot a taller figure leaning against one of the lamp posts holding something in his hand. Her eyes lit up for a moment, knowing exactly what he was holding. Seto may have gotten rid of her first stash, but there was so much more around almost every single corner in Domino.

She checked around for any familiar faces, and once there weren't any she walked toward him, yen in hand. He stood upright, a smile coming across his face. He had spiky navy blue colored hair, piercing red eyes, and pale ivory skin. He wore a long black trench coat and it flapped gracefully in the occasional breeze that would whip through the streets, and one hand was pocketed.

"Looking for something?" he asked. Rezi gave a short nod, wanting to make this quick. The man held out his hand revealing sheets and sheets of stamps, each decorated with small pictures of hearts, or peace symbols. Some were decorated with Teddy Bears and toy cars.

"600 yen for the L, 400 yen for the S. Take your pick little lady, it's all your choice." He finished. Rezi looked at the sheets of stamps and the little packages of white powder he had just pulled out of his other pocket. She had about 800 yen in total, and she could by the L, or the S; Rezi hadn't really tried L before…she heard it was much stronger than the S which surprisingly made her excel in Math and her other classes. The drug did have its pros and cons; S kept her going when she felt tired and it made her focus a lot more. Although without it, she would start having those hallucinations and do crazy things. She started to wonder just exactly what L could do…what if it was the opposite of the S? She could only find out. Purchasing one sheet, she tore one off as she made her way down the street and the guy decided to disappear before anyone else would find him and it would get suspicious.

Slowly, she examined the little heart printed stamp, and she put it to her tongue before discarding the small piece of paper into the trash can. About halfway down the block to her house, she began to feel weird almost; it started to feel like it was summer and everything was a lot brighter than before; it felt like an earthquake just for a little while, and then she began to feel a lot energetic than she'd usually be. She started laughing, and the stares of the people seemed to be invisible, and she didn't have a care in the world left. She started to jump around into the street and ran forward, blissfully unaware of an approaching car. The car speeded up honking its horn and Rezi felt a sharp hand pull her back roughly and she collided with the pavement. Immediately, her high had faded and she managed to get a grip on reality for a few seconds.

"Rez are you insane?!" a voice started yelling at her. Rezi looked up her blonde bangs covering one of her eyes, which had a lightened up a large amount.

"Oh…Jounouchi…" she started, as he pulled her up. "I was just…"

"Going insane and almost getting your ass killed! Come on, I'm takin' you home Rez!" Jounouchi replied, wrenching her up off the floor and pulling her down the street.

"Are you going to tell Yugi?" Rezi asked him, as they boarded the bus. "Don't tell Yugi, please don't tell Yugi…"

"Why shouldn't I? You're in danger of killin' yourself and Yugi should know!" Jounouchi yelled back. Rezi snatched her hand away from his grip, looking out the window as they passed by various shops and small sushi bars.

"Again, Yugi doesn't have to know everything about me…I just…I just can't deal with this life anymore…I hate my life and the only thing I suddenly feel like living for is to make my mom proud and work my ass off…and I can't do that with my eyes half open right?" she replied slowly, deciding to look at Jounouchi in his eyes.

"But killing yourself off isn't the right answer!" Jounouchi replied quickly, looking at her. "This shit is gonna eventually kill you, and your family members won't find out until it's too late! They'll be told that while you were high off Speed or LSD you killed yourself! Do you really want that ending?"

Rezi leaned against the window, unsure of what she wanted. But it was true; she felt like the only reason she lived was to make her mother proud. But it wasn't that easy to pull yourself out of an addiction. She closed her eyes and felt the LSD from earlier kick in again. She started laughing softly, and then it picked up in pitch. Jounouchi got angry and disposed of the rest of the sheets immediately by throwing them out of the window, deciding to ignore her whining, pleading, and cursing.

Getting off at the desired station, Jounouchi dragged a rather sluggish Rezi toward her apartment building. "I'm going to have to wait until you come off your high and find a suitable rehab center for you." He muttered. Rezi looked at him for a moment, laughing as he pushed her into the elevator.

"You're serious this time aren't you? Oooh, lookit the big and tough serious Jounou-chi!" Rezi teased, which only aggravated the usual funny and care-free golden eyed teenager. He took her by the wrist, not letting her go and held out his free hand.

"Keys, now." He demanded. Rezi snickered, taking them from out of her messenger bag and putting them in his hand obediently. Normally she would've done it herself, but the drugs were taking serious hold on her, and put her in between a grip on reality and pure adrenaline, in a realm of complete fantasy; Rezi felt that she could do just about anything she wanted to on her own little high and she would drown out the world of reality.

By now, Jounouchi had swung open the door to the near empty apartment, seating her in the living room and telling her to stay put like she was some child on an immense sugar rush. Rezi watched him leave and then looked around her apartment like she was in it for the first time. She hadn't done this when her mother was home, and she hadn't done it when her stepfather was around. For some reason, everything would have worn off by the time her parents were in the facility, and occasionally she would get close to losing control of maintaining her hallucinations.

Her green eyes went wide and she jumped off the couch, noticing that Jounouchi had collected every single trace of S he had found in her room, and all over the house.

"Stop it! What are you doing?!" she cried, grabbing his free arm. "Jou put those back!"

"No! If I don't you'll keep doing this to yourself! It's bad enough I'm keeping this from Yugi!" Jounouchi replied, walking out the door with the bag of drugs and finding some way to get rid of them. If he had to pedal somewhere far, he'd do it. He couldn't let Rezi kill herself off, or Yugi find out. He grabbed her keys, deciding that he'd lock her in her room after making sure everything was locked down; everything that had a lock on it in Rezi's room had a key, and the ring of keys was hidden in a secret compartment in the doorway.

"Now I know you're not going anywhere…you're staying here while I get rid of this!" he scolded, locking the door behind him, slipping the key rings into his pocket and Rezi heard the main door shut. She pounded on her own door continuously, despite the fact that he had left her there.

"Let me out! You don't know what you're doing to me! I-I-I can't do anything without it!" she pleaded, but slouched against the door. 15 minutes later, she inched her way over to her bed, lying face down with her eyes open, staring outside at the clouds as the sky started to change their colors. Tears started to gather at the corner of her eyes before she started blinking them away and she seemed to shrink away; she was starting to have a hallucination again. It was like this whenever she missed it…

~*~

Nero: ^_^ So far so Good! I like it! Don't Worry. Chapter 2 will hopefully have more Seto in it, and more information on the dance. Questions and comments can be left in the reviews, or you can email me at PrsmatcButtrfly4@aol.com!

Obelisk: ^_^ She'll get to work on the next chapter!

Nero: Note! Drugs are NOT good for you so please don't take either Speed or LSD. If you are, please stop because that's one way of killing yourself off. I'm not a drug addict, but If I wanted to fix up my OC Rezi, I had to do a tiny bit of reading. A Complete bio of Rezi can be written and given to you if asked.

Ra: Review! I COMMAND YOU TO!