Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Mou Hitori no Boku ❯ Incident 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Mou Hitori no Boku

Incident 1

---

A faint sound echoed the hallway. The Game Shop was closed; it was past midnight-who would still be up at this time of night? At the very top of the staircase, a small beam of light escaped through the crack in the door to a bedroom. Footsteps reverberated in the hallway. A squeak in the floor boards. A sigh of hesitation pierced the cool air.

"Oh no, he's doing it again." A whisper, filled with grief, traced the hallway walls. "My poor Yuugi, why do you do this ever night?" the saintly tone sighed. A sudden silence filled the hallway again. The screeching of car tires were heard outside, the only thing that filled the air.

A voice began to come from within the closed door of the bedroom that the figure on the other side was listening to.

---

"I wish I could stay with you." The voice began. "But I do not know if I could. When, and if, I regain my memories, I'm not sure if I will be able to stay."

"We've been through so much." An identical voice started.

"You showed me so much, friendship with you, with your friends, that's all I ask for."

"Mou Hitori no Boku…"

"I'm glad you were my Aibou."

"A promise is a promise. I will help you regain your memories."

"Aibou… Thank you…"

---

The figure on the outside of the door could only see her son, no one else through the small crack in the door. No one but Yuugi was in that room. She stood from her crouching position. She brushed her short, red hair back as she took a step away from the door. "Why do you talk to your self every night, is something wrong with you… No, it must be my fault." The figure turned away from the door.

`Maybe the more I encourage him to be social instead of playing these games all day, maybe it leaves him afraid. What if I'm pushing him too hard.' The woman thought as she headed down the hallway. `What if it's his friends he hangs out with! What if they're a bad influence on my poor soon! What if they bully him into giving them free merchandise from this store! Is that why he talks to himself, he's his only friend…?' A warm tear ran down the lady's right cheek. She walked into a room; her bedroom.

Upon her bed she sat. "How can I help him? What can I do? He'll be an adult soon… What if he still talks to himself? Does he talk to himself in school?!" the woman worried. "Does Sugoroku know! What if he encourages Yuugi to talk to himself! What if he wants him to because he knows Yuugi would never have any friends!" The woman stopped herself. She looked out the window. She began to smile.

`Why do I think these things… There is nothing wrong with my son… Sugoroku tells me how good at games he is… How much of a prodigy he is… I should be proud… I shouldn't interfere with whatever he does…' As she acknowledged herself she laid down in her bed, pulling the covers up to her chin. "I'm his mother, I love him anyway… Even if the choices he makes are bad… If he wants to do something, I can only give my opinion… I can't stop him. He's a wonderful son… He would never make bad decisions. I'm his mother… I should know…" The mother closed her eyes as she began to nod off to sleep. Quiet. All of a sudden, her eyes opened wide as she jolted from the bed.

"What if the reason he talks to himself is because he's on drugs!" The mother shouted. She jumped from her bed and ran out the room screaming, "Yuugi, my little man! Momma's coming!"