Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My Brother and I ❯ The New Law ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh

Note: Incest is a sibling/sibling relationship. And Mokuba is going to be the same age as the others, which will be 16.

~ My Brother and I ~

~ Chapter One ~

"… And furthermore, all incest relationships are hereby banned. Any who violate this law will be severely punished. This law is passed from his Royal Highness, the new Pharaoh." Bakura snorted as read the law posted on his front door. "Damn, fucking, new pharaoh, never even visits his people. All hell could break loose and he wouldn't give a damn…" The silver-haired man trailed off as his mind registered the new law. " `All incest relationships are hereby banned.'" Growling furiously, he tore off the notice and barged inside.

"Welcome back, oniichan (big brother)!" Ryou, Bakura's younger brother, hugged his older brother tightly. "How was your day?"

Bakura embraced Ryou tightly, a few tears squeezing down his cheeks, no matter how hard he tried to suppress them. "It was fine, tenshi (angel)," Bakura whispered, kissing his brother softly.

Ryou looked up at Bakura, his soft, brown eyes full concern. "What is that paper you are holding, brother?"

"Nothing, Ryou," Bakura replied, setting the document down. He would see to it later. Right now all he wanted to do was to spend time with his younger brother and lover. Bakura caught Ryou in another kiss, and carried him into their bedroom. Ryou purred as his older brother began running his hands through his hair. "So when are the others getting back?"

"They're all in the backyard Bakura. I was getting a little tired, so I decided to come inside." Ryou yawned cutely, and Bakura set him down onto the bed.

"I'll wake you up later, okay koi (love)?"

Ryou's answer was a soft snore.

Bakura's eyes softened as he watched Ryou. He had only been with Ryou for five months, and they had already fallen in love with each other. Bakura wasn't sure if it was the uncanny resemblance Ryou had with him, or the soft and gentle manner he always put up. Bakura had found Ryou after years of searching, it turned out that when his parents had Ryou, a maid stole Ryou away from them. The guards had found the maid, but never found Ryou. So Bakura had lived in the palace, learning how to become the Pharaoh's Adviser. He had made friends with Yami, the Prince, soon to become Pharaoh, Seto, the High Priest-in-training, and Marik, the High Councilor-in-training. Two years ago, his parents had died, but before they did, they finally unveiled to Bakura that he had a younger brother. Ever since then Bakura had been searching, and it turned out that Yami, Seto and Marik all had younger brothers too. Another year and a half passed, and almost all hope was lost. Until Bakura saw a look-alike of him in the market. Heart pounding, Bakura followed the boy to his house, and was surprised to see a look-alike of Yami and Marik. There was also another boy that was with them, and Bakura supposed it was Seto's little brother. The very next day, Bakura led his friends back to the house, and confronted the four roommates. And it was true. They really were the younger brothers of Yami, Bakura, Marik and Seto.

Everyone was overjoyed, until Yami discovered that Otogi Ryuuji, a member of Yami's council, was blackmailing him. Either give up Yugi and remain Pharaoh, or give up his position. He made the same offer to Seto, Bakura and Marik too. So in the end they all resigned their positions, and all eight of them were living on the outskirts of the city. Soon after, Yami had fallen in love with his younger brother, Yugi, Seto with Mokuba, and Marik with Malik.

"Just when things were settling down too," Bakura whispered, grabbing the law, and kissing Ryou on the forehead. "Good night, Ryou."

**************

Seto yawned as he stretched out in the backyard that he, Yami, Marik, Bakura, Yugi, Ryou, Malik and his younger brother, Mokuba shared. He heard a joyful shout from his little brother. "Seto! I'm beating Yami!"

The former priest opened his eyes and quickly scrambled up. Yami was the undefeated King of Games, and Mokuba was ahead of him in a game for the first time. "Good job Mokuba," Seto congratulated. "What game are you playing?"

Yami held up a calf's bone a sheep's heel. "Astrali(1)."

"The gambling game? Yami, you should know better! Mokuba's my little brother, I'm not going to expose him to this crap."

Mokuba laughed as Yami glared at Seto.

"Well, your little brother is kicking my ass!"

Seto looked at Mokuba, surprised. "Where'd you get so good, Mokuba?"

Malik grinned from Marik's side. "Mokuba was the Astrali champion!"

"Yeah Seto, so it's a little to late to stop him from being exposed to all this `crap.' Besides, you used to play Astrali too!"

"Really oniichan?" Mokuba asked, pulling Seto down. "Come on Seto, show me!"

Marik snickered as Yami scowled. "Two against one isn't fair!" he pouted, crossing his arms.

"I'll help Yami!" Malik called out. "I was second best!"

As the four settled down to the famous Egyptian gambling game, Marik turned to see Yugi huddled in a ball under the cherry tree.

"Hey Yugi, what's wrong?" Marik took a seat next to Yami's little brother. Yugi had been acting strange ever since he had come home today. The ex-high councilor glanced over at Yugi again, ruffling his hair. "You shouldn't look this sad, your face'll stay the same way."

Yugi shook Marik off, and stood up. "Really Marik, I'm okay." But as Yugi walked off, Marik noticed how his eyes glimmered with anguish.

I do hope Yami's brother's okay. Marik heard a huge slamming noise as Bakura stomped into the backyard, a piece of paper crumpled in his tightly clenched.

"Hey, Bakura!" Marik called out from under the cherry tree where everyone was sitting. "Why the glum face?"

"New law by the damn, new Pharaoh!" Bakura called back.

"What is it?" Yami asked, suddenly alert. "What did he say?" Ever since Yami had given up his throne, he had been carefully watching the city, making sure nothing bad happened, even though it longer mattered if he did or not.

Bakura threw the parchment towards Yami. "Read for yourself, Yami." He plopped down next to Yugi, who was looking paler than usual. "Something wrong, Yugi?" he asked. Normally Bakura was never nice to anyone, but now, because of the new law…

Yugi shook his head, shivering slightly. Really, I'm f-fine."

"No incest?!" Seto bellowed, scaring everyone. "Who-the-hell-does-he-think-he-is?!"

Mokuba pushed Seto down against the tree. "Onegai (please), Seto, relax."

Marik grabbed the law and tore it into numerous amounts of bits and pieces. "Why-would-he-ever-do-that!?"

"I know why," everyone turned towards Yugi.

"Koi?" Yami asked, "how do you know?"

Yugi buried his face in his hands. "He wants me," Yugi whispered, "I know Otogi wants me."

Yami clenched his fists in anger. "Well, he won't get you. Yugi, I spent a long time trying to find you, I don't want to loose you again…"

"But you don't understand!" Yugi furiously cried, banging his fists against Yami's chest. "You don't understand! Even if I don't go, we won't be able to be together, Yami, and no one else will either. If I go back to Otogi, at least everyone will be able to live together, and I'm sure Otogi will demolish the law. Don't you see Yami, I don't want countless of couples destroyed just because of me." He sobbed, clinging onto his older brother. "So I'm going back."

"But you can't go Yugi!" Mokuba interjected. "It won't be the same without you!"

Yugi gave Mokuba a small smile. "When I'm gone, Mokuba, promise me that you will live with Seto happily, and never forget me. But please, do not try to find me…"

Mokuba shook his head. "I want you to stay here Yugi! We can move somewhere else, away from Egypt!"

"And leave everyone else heartbroken? No Mokuba, I wouldn't be able to live with that. So please, everyone, let me go." Yugi ran out the back door before anyone could stop him.

"He's gone… Yugi's gone!"

Yami stared in shock as he watched the back door still swinging, as it stirred up sand and dust off the ground. "Yugi, koi, little brother… You can't be gone… Come back!"

There was a soft sob as Yami saw Ryou standing in the doorway inside. "He's gone?...

Yami's fear was confirmed as Bakura whispered: "Yes, Ryou, Yugi is gone…"

Tears rolled down everyone's face, but the worst was yet to come…

"Just when we believe everything will be all right, fate surprises us."

*********************

(1) First off, I don't even know if I spelled it right. The definition is in Yu-Gi-Oh! Graphic novel volume one. Astrali, or whatever it's called, used to be a ancient gambling game that everyone played. It was played with calf bones and sheep heels.

millenniumspirit: Wow! Yugi sure is serious! He's going to be the main character in this fic. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. The last sentence really gives a nice ring to the end of this chapter, ne? Maybe I should add one on every chapter. Please review to tell me how I'm doing! Thank you!