Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My Life As A Teenage Popstar ❯ Double Time Stress ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Hi peeps! I'm baaack. ^^ Here's the next chappie, enjoy... Whatever shit I came up with this time.
 
My Life as a Teenage Popstar
Chapter 3
 
“Oh. My. Fucking. God! I can't believe this!” A tall woman with blonde hair and purple eyes screeched. “Are you alright? You are, right?” She shook Ryou.
 
The boy giggled nervously and swallowed. “Mai, I'm fine, I swear. Bakura came and helped me out.” Ryou said, thinking back to the alleyway accident. When he came back home, his manager was already waiting for him and interrogated the hell out of him. Her first question? Why didn't he come back home in the limousine sent for him?
 
“Mai! Please, listen to me!” He exploded, as the blonde finally stopped bombarding him with questions.
 
She gave him a scathing look. “Ryou, I know that you don't like limousines, but this is for your own safety.”
 
Ryou threw his hands in the air. “I've had it! I didn't want this kind of life! If only father hadn't been bird-brained, this kind of thing would never happen!”
 
Mai slapped him. Ryou looked at her shocked. She never got physical with him. Mai sighed. “Look, Ryou, I'm sorry, but you're being irrational. Who knows, maybe someone would've jumped you anyway. It's just, being famous; there are higher chances of that. You have beautiful voice and you can sing, your father just wanted to help you with your talent.”
 
Ryou repeated the sigh and smiled at Mai. “It's ok, Mai. I know you mean well, but father... He may have had good intentions in the beginning, but now, all he ever sees in me is a chicken who lays golden eggs.” He looked at his shoes, as Mai wrapped her arms around him. “Aw, my poor baby. Come on, let's storm the kitchen, I'm sure there is bound to be something sweet there.”
 
Ryou perked up, looking at Mai with puppy eyes. “Cream puffs?”
 
Mai nodded and the two went to the kitchen.
 
Just as they entered, Ryou's mom walked in and smiled at her son. “How was your first day at school?”
 
Ryou stopped in his tracks and laughed nervously. So, she's clueless about the incident... How convenient. He thought, putting on his best smile. “It was awesome. I met some new people and made friends and no, they are not from fun clubs.”
 
Mrs. Shiroi ruffled her son's hair. “That's good. I've got to go somewhere, ok? Will you be ok, here?” Ryou nodded. “Yes, mom, bye.” He waved after her, and then turned to Mai.
 
“Where would she be going?”
 
The blonde narrowed her eyes in thought, but shrugged. “I have no idea.”
 
Ryou got a bad feeling, though didn't comment on it and turned to the kitchen counters. “Now, how about we spy some cream puffs.”
 
Just as Ryou was about to climb the counter, his father stepped in. Ryou groaned and let go of the said counter. “What is it, father?” The dark-haired man gazed at his son and pointed towards the hall. “Aren't you supposed to be having singing classes?”
 
Ryou blinked. “But dad. I just got from school and I'm hungry...”
 
“No buts.” Mr. Shiroi narrowed his eyes. “Go and do the singing classes, or you won't get anything to eat at all today.”
 
Ryou's eyes widened, as he tried to keep tears from spilling, he bowed his head. “Yes, father.” He whispered and ran to the music room.
 
Mai shook her head disapprovingly. “You're a slave master, James, I'm disappointed with you. When was the last time you were a father to your only child?” She glared at him. James snorted. “He needs to practice the high note. When he hits it, he wavers and we can't have that.” Mai visibly seethed. “Then why not write him music in his pitch?!”
 
James blinked and narrowed his eyes. “I'm the boss here, don't forget that, Mai.” He hissed. He knew he was driving his son to his limits, but the boy needed to work up the strength if he ever were to survive in the business. He relayed that thought to Mai, who was close to ripping her hair out.
 
“You IDIOT!! I understand that, but what you are doing is only killing him! Can't you be a little more sensitive, you fucking prick?!?” She screamed and stormed out of the kitchen towards the music room. She threw the doors open, just as Ryou hit the pitch, scaring the boy, as he chocked.
 
“M-Mai?” He managed to get out, before Mai dragged him out of the room and to the kitchen. She threw open a cabinet and took out cream puffs, some bottled water and slammed the door as she went to the garage.
 
“Mai?” Ryou asked again, once they were out on the street.
 
Mai slumped a bit and sighed. “I'm sorry Ryou, I just couldn't let that bastard do that to you. He's over-working you, starving you, KILLING you.”
 
Ryou smiled lightly. “Thank you.”
 
Mai smiled. “Where do you want to go?”
 
“How about to the park, we can eat cream puffs there and feed the ducks.”
 
The blonde nodded. “That's a good idea. Let's go there.”
 
0-0-0-0
 
Awwww, poor Ryou is being over-worked by his horrible father! What have I done?! So, review, or Ryou'll die of exhaustion.
 
Ryou: O.o