Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My Slave for All Time ❯ After the Party... ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

—You can tell this is going to be a long story, right? Oh well. I'm having fun writing it. So, the personal stuff continues. Nothing too serious or health-related, but all this shit is intertwining with my updating schedule. But I apologize for being so late with this update.
 
—I think the cliffhanger where Atemu stumbled off with a dagger worried some people. Not to worry! He's not drunk enough to kill anybody.
 
Chapter 8 - After the Party…
 
Yugi managed to get away from Rehema after the party to meet with Anzu in the dancers' wing. All the dancers were tired and had gone to bed with gossips about the little outburst that spoiled the entire celebration. Anzu had tried to quell their murmurings, but to no avail. Trying to stop those blabbering nitwits from gossiping was like trying to stop a bird from flying or a camel from spitting.
 
After being explained everything about Rehema, Anzu understood and even laughed. “I think it's adorable.”
 
“Adorable! I don't want to marry her or father any of her children. I don't mean to break her heart, but…I don't want her.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Eh?”
 
Anzu led Yugi to stand in a well-lit corridor. She said in a low voice, “I just wondered why you don't want to get married.”
 
“I didn't say that, Anzu. I said that I don't want to marry Lady Rehema.”
 
“But if you do, then you'll be set for life, Yugi. You'll have money and you'll even be a noble! Lord Yugi of Aswan.”
 
Yugi sighed. “Marrying her for a title. That makes me sound greedy.”
 
“That's what everybody does, Yugi.”
 
“I'm not everybody, Anzu. Besides, you're not marrying Malik for some title, right?”
 
Anzu was taken aback, but she nodded. “You're right. I suppose I'm only trying to look at your situation from the positive perspective.”
 
Yugi shook his head. “The only positive I see is just turning her down altogether. It'll hurt her and I feel guilty for that, but she'll find someone else. Maybe another lord or a foreign prince. That would be better than a slave boy. What would I give her anyways? I'm not special.”
 
Anzu's eyes widened in shock. “Of course, you're special. Don't talk like that, Yugi.”
 
“Look, that's not even why I wanted to meet you. I…have something to tell you. Something that might damage your marriage with Malik.”
 
Anzu's face fell and she stared down at Yugi with worry and fear. “What is it?” Her voice sounded blank and distant, not like Anzu at all.
 
Yugi told her everything. He told her about the attack last night, finding Malik and eavesdropping on his conversation with Tale, and most importantly, Yugi's own conversation with Malik. He stood by and let Anzu absorb it all. She looked helpless and frightened. She looked like she did the first night they'd been enslaved.
 
“Anzu, I really did not want to say anything. I know how much this marriage to Malik means to you. I know you love him and he loves you. He truly does, I could see it in his eyes. But…I just can't forgive him for trying to bring harm to Atemu. The Pharaoh's become my best friend and—”
 
“What did the Pharaoh do to my Malik?”
 
“I…can't say. But it scarred him for life.”
 
“Malik was trying to save you, Yugi. I think what he did was right.”
 
Yugi blinked. “What?”
 
Anzu turned away from him. “What if the Pharaoh repeats his actions with you? I was once told that history repeats itself.”
 
“It won't happen to me, Anzu. Please trust me.”
 
“After trying to taint my husband's name, I don't know if I should.” Anzu said, bitterly. She turned and walked off into the darkened corridor.
 
“Anzu…” Yugi breathed. He decided not to pursue her. He'd wait until tomorrow morning after breakfast. Right now, he was too tired to argue with anybody.
 
———————
 
Atemu leaned against the wall, his dagger still in hand. His vision was clouded and doubled. He felt like vomiting, but not yet. He wanted to have a word with his slave boy. Coincidently, Yugi chose that moment to turn the corner and nearly bump into him. Atemu pushed his away clumsily.
 
Yugi was about to snap at the person who'd pushed him when he saw it was Atemu. “Atemu! What in hellfire is wrong with you?” He sniffed the air and then sighed, “Oh you're drunk. Well, it's my duty to get you back to you chambers.”
 
Atemu laughed stupidly. “Pr-pretty for-w-ward for a…sl-ave boy.”
 
Yugi stared at him. “Oh Ra. Atemu, you're a drunken idiot right now. Let's just get you to bed and you'll be fine by morning. Your head might hurt, but—”
 
“D-D-on't tell me…wh-what to d-o, slave boy.” Atemu said, staggering towards him.
 
“Atemu, come with me. You need rest.” Yugi said, heading for the royal chambers.
 
Atemu laughed again and hiccupped, then coughed a few times. He then tripped on his cape and fell flat on his face. Yugi had to bit his lip and turn around to keep from laughing his head off. Seeing the greatest ruler of all Egypt, sprawled out face-down on the floor was probably the funniest thing he'd seen in years.
 
“Wh-what's…so f-unny?” Atemu droned, struggling to his feet. “If…y-ou laugh I-I'll have…” He paused to give a giant belch.
 
Yugi doubled over with laughter. “Atemu, you should see yourself!” Tears came to his eyes as he continued to laugh.
 
Atemu watched drunkenly as Yugi continued to snicker, chuckle and laugh at him. In his state, all he saw was a deliciously, sexy young man who was practically begging to be fucked. He inched closer, but Yugi stood and started for the royal chambers, still chuckling quietly.
 
“W-w-ait…”
 
“Hurry up.” Yugi said, finally cured of his laughter. I can't wait until tomorrow, he thought. When Atemu recovers from his hangover, I'm going to remind him of this incident. Yugi smiled slyly as he pushed open the chamber door.
 
Atemu stumbled inside and closed the door behind them. He lunged for Yugi and grabbed him around the waist. The young slave boy yelped in surprise and they fell over on Yugi's cushions. Atemu purred and ran his fingers along Yugi's spine. He planted a rather sloppy peck on Yugi's lips.
 
Yugi was so shocked that he could barely struggle. Was history repeating itself now? Had Atemu only been faking his drunken state? No to that question at least. The Pharaoh's breath still reeked of wine. Yugi squealed when he felt Atemu's hands inside his shirt, caressing his nipples and making them turn pebble hard. No, no, no! He wasn't supposed to enjoy being touched by a man! He wasn't like that! It was wrong.
 
Yugi saw a goblet on the floor. He stretched out his arm and managed to grab it. While Atemu was busy trying to undo Yugi's sash, Yugi found his opportunity and whacked his friend on the head. Atemu collapsed, completely unconscious.
 
Yugi sighed with relief, dropping the goblet. He heaved the Pharaoh off him and his shenti fell away with the king's unconscious body.
 
“Shit…” Yugi grumbled. Oh well, he thought, I was going to change for bed anyways. He lifted the Pharaoh up and half-dragged him to the bed. He laid Atemu down and began to walk back to his cushions to change when he heard a hiss.
 
Yugi turned around and saw an asp curled up close to Atemu's feet. Yugi blinked twice to make sure he wasn't dreaming. That was a real asp and the Pharaoh was in real trouble.
 
—Finals for my second year of college are coming up during the week of May 15. In order to preserve what little sanity I have left, I won't be updating next week or finals week. Because I'm going to be hitting the books hard so I can pass my sophomore year. Thank goodness.
 
—Wish me luck and next update will be on May 26. See ya then!