Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ One Way Street ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

One Way Street

by Dragondreamer and Yami Dragon

Disclaimer: We don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! DUH! If we did, we'd be living somewhere that didn't get so much frickin' rain!

Warning: This story contains shouenen-ai (guy/guy relationships) and yaoi (guys having sex with guys). It also contains coarse language and violence. If you don't like it, or become offended by such things, what are you doing here? Go read something else! Shoo!

~*~*~*~*~

Tristan: Why?

YD: Because there's so many pics of you guys on the net we just had to!

Seto: So that's your excuse this time, is it?

DD: Like we need an excuse to mess with you guys?

Tristan: Well…no, I guess not.

Seto: We're so in for it.

Tristan: We're always in for it whenever they sit down to the computer.

YD: Please! You guys are even in for it in my sleep!

DD: Don't get her started. Where do you think she comes up with half the lemons we write?

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Okay, about the title. It has nothing to do with the story. We were thinking about a title and we weren't paying attention and we almost drove the wrong way up a one way street. Hence, the title. I know we're weird, so what? *snicker*

~*~*~*~*~

Prologue

~*~*~*~*~

Tristan's POV

~*~*~*~*~

I wonder what they'd say if they knew.

If they knew how I really spent my summer vacation I think I'd find myself friendless pretty quick, for the most part.

I didn't lie when I told them my parents were sending me to Italy to study for the summer. But it's what I did when I wasn't at school that would make them turn away from me.

Brad Hawkes. He was an exchange student from the US. Gods, he was so beautiful. Deep blue eyes, long dark brown hair and the most gorgeous body. He said he had Native American blood. I don't know if that was true or not, but it didn't matter. He was so in control of himself. He was who he was and it didn't matter to him what anyone else thought.

I remember thinking at the time that I was grateful that he showed me who I really was. The reason I never asked any of the girls at school out. He told me I should never fight it, no matter what the world thought. He showed me what pleasure was.

But he unleashed something that I can't share with the people who mean the most to me. It's not that I'm ashamed of who I am. I just don't think they'd understand.

I owe him so much. And I never got the chance to thank him. I woke up one morning and he was gone. I never did find out what happened to him. Sometimes I wonder if it was all a dream.

I don't know how Joey would handle it. I know that Yami and Yugi would be okay. I mean, they're together. But no one but me knows about it. I didn't mean to walk in on them.

Yugi got so upset. Yami threatened to send me to the Shadow Realm if I told the others. Like I would. He doesn't care what they think of him, but he'd do anything to protect Yugi, and Yugi thought I'd hate him for it. How can I when I'm in the same boat as he is?

Well, at least he wouldn't have to worry about our friends freaking out over his choice. I wish I could say the same thing.

I can't help watching him. He reminds me of Brad. Maybe it's his eyes, or that his hair is almost the same color, or the total self-control. It doesn't matter. He reminds me of what I had with my first lover. Correction, my only lover. The others don't mean anything. How can they when we rarely even exchange names?

There's something about the way he moves. That `get out of my way or I'll go right through you' attitude. He's so confident in his own abilities. Brad was like that.

I know the others think he's arrogant, but I see it differently. He has the world in the palm of his hand. He's rich, the head of a multi-billion dollar corporation. He has power, and he knows it. He has the kind of closeness with his brother that most people with siblings only dream about. He's drop dead gorgeous. He has women twice his age that'd give an eye for a night in his bed. If I had all that, I'd come off as arrogant too.

I just wish I could talk to someone about it. I could probably talk to Yugi, but I don't want to. I can't help feeling that my situation is different. Yami is part of him. It only makes sense that they'd end up together. If it wasn't for the fact that Ryou's got a girlfriend, I'd expect him to be with Bakura.

Damn! Why does it have to be so complicated?

I'd probably end up with a broken jaw if he found out. I've seen him with girls, so I know he's not like me. There's no sense thinking about him that way. He'd never think twice about someone like me. Even if he was that way.

Life sucks.

~*~*~*~*~

Seto's POV

~*~*~*~*~

I wonder what his friends would think.

I see him watching me. He's not as subtle as he thinks. Far from it. I can't believe that they haven't noticed. Or maybe the only reason I have is because I'm watching him too.

I can't help it. There's something about him, something appealing. I've seen him when he's not goofing around with the mutt, or trying to keep up with Yugi's over-exuberance. There's something in his eyes then. Something deep and unfathomable. It makes me want to find out what he's thinking.

He does a good job of hiding it. As well as I do. The last thing I need in my life is for people to be privy to my…inclinations. But I can see through his act. It's too much like my own.

I wonder why he hides it. He must know he'd have nothing to worry about with Yugi. The runt's so accepting of everyone. Now the mutt on the other hand…I can see him having a problem with it. He'll chase anything in a skirt. I'd peg him as being intolerant, even of his best friend.

I wonder if he's as lonely in this as I am.

I just can't afford for anyone to find out. Not only would it destroy my business, I wouldn't be much of a role model for Mokuba. That's a decision he should make on his own. Not because it's what he's used to living with.

I don't think he's seeing anyone. He can't be. He's always with the mutt.

I've got to find a date for that stupid party Friday night. Maybe that girl from Biology class. The last time I took her out, the bimbo was so overwhelmed she never said a word all night. That works for me. I'll have my secretary call her.

Gods I hate living this lie. I have to keep up appearances though. For everyone's sake.

There's no sense in even thinking about it, about him. I can't give in to who I really am. The life I live won't allow it. It never will.

Life sucks.

~*~*~*~*~

Seto: Oh man.

Tristan: I second that.

DD: Chapter one will be out soon.

YD: Yep. Gonna be so good!

Seto: For who?

Tristan: Not us, that's for sure.

YD: You guys are just our pawns. We do this for our readers.

DD: Please review! We've noticed that people on Adultfanfiction like to read but don't review.

YD: Yeah! So please review. Pretty please?!