Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ One Way Street ❯ Chapter1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

One Way Street

by Dragondreamer and Yami Dragon

Disclaimer: We don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! DUH! If we did, the show wouldn't be fit for kids, that's for sure!

Warning: This story contains shouenen-ai (guy/guy relationships) and yaoi (guys having sex with guys). It also contains coarse language and violence. If you don't like it, or become offended by such things, what are you doing here? Haven't you figured out by now that all our writing contains this stuff?

Note: /…/ Tristan's thoughts

[…] Seto's thoughts

~*~*~*~*~

YD: This is so much fun!!

DD: Yeah, I just love torturing these two.

Tristan: You guys are sick.

Seto: Definitely.

YD: Tell me something I don't know.

DD: It's all in the name of art guys.

Seto: Yeah, right…art.

YD: Okay. It's all in the name of citrus.

Tristan: Now that's more like it.

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 1

~*~*~*~*~

Tristan was disgusted with himself as he lay there, the sweat still pouring from him. He was physically sated, but there was an aching, hollow feeling in his chest.

/Another night and another nameless body./

He turned on his side, propping himself up on his arm, and looked down at the man next to him.

"What's your name?"

Intense blue eyes regarded him from under a mop of tangled brown hair. "Does it matter?"

"I suppose not." Tristan rose from the bed, reaching for his clothes and quickly dressing.

"What are you doing?"

"Leaving."

"But why?"

"Does it matter?"

He walked away without looking back, again.

~*~*~*~*~

[I hate Saturdays.]

Seto wandered through the park, heading for his favorite spot, a bench beneath a huge tree next to the basketball court.

He was bored. Mokuba was away at a friend's house for the day, he was all caught up at work and there had been no homework for the weekend. He could have found something to do, but he couldn't concentrate on anything important. So he decided to just come to the park and read. Maybe the simple act of getting out of the house would shake him from his funk.

Reaching the bench, Seto sat down, stretching his legs out in front of him. He looked at the book in his hands and grinned. Master & Commander by Patrick O'Brian. It was part of a series Mokuba had been getting for him, arguing that he needed to read something other than technical manuals. It was surprisingly good, for fiction.

Opening it to where he had last left off, he lost himself in another world, glad for the distraction from this one.

~*~*~*~*~

Tristan, Yami and Yugi reached the park entrance just as Joey, Ryou, Bakura and Ryou's girlfriend Kendra, showed up.

"Hey buddy!" Joey threw the basketball at Tristan. "Where were you last night? I called."

Tristan threw the ball back at him. "Asleep probably."

"At ten o'clock on a Friday night?" Joey laughed. "Man, you need to get a life!"

"I was tired." Tristan turned away so his best friend wouldn't see he was lying. "Are we playing, or what?"

"Yeah! Let's go!" Yugi bounced ahead of them, heading for the basketball court. He was still bouncing when they caught up with him.

"Settle down Aibou." Yami shook his head. "We have all day."

"Well, come on! I wanna play!"

"The yamis and Joey against Tristan and the hikaris." Ryou said.

"Sounds good to me." Kendra said, taking the ball from Joey.

Tristan and Joey squared off in the center of the court, waiting for Kendra to toss the ball. Even with his height advantage, Tristan had to fight for it.

"Asshole." Joey growled as Tristan snatched the ball from the air.

"Sucker." Tristan replied, shouldering Joey aside as he turned, throwing the ball to Yugi.

Yugi smirked as Yami stepped in front of him. The smaller one faded to the right only to whip around and bounce pass the ball. Straight to Bakura.

"Thanks short stuff!" Bakura bolted up the court, going in for a perfect lay up.

"Yugi!" Tristan and Ryou yelled.

"I'm sorry!" Yugi glared at Bakura. "It's not fair when they're dressed exactly the same! It's too hard to tell them apart in the middle of a game!"

"He has a point." Joey said.

"Fine." Bakura reached over to Ryou and stripped off his tee shirt, smirking at the blushing boy's girlfriend. "Shirts against skins."

"Works for me." Tristan pulled his own shirt off, looking at Yugi who followed suit.

"Alright. Can we get back to it?" Ryou asked, trying to regain his composure.

As the game began again, no one noticed the figure sitting in the shadow of the tree, book forgotten in his hands.

Seto stared intently at the brunette on the court, taking in the broad shoulders, sculpted chest and stomach, the lightly tanned, flawless skin.

[I know that those horrid uniforms don't do anyone justice, but damn! Who would have thought he was built like that?]

He tried to tear his eyes away, but he couldn't. He watched as the other moved amongst his friends, barely hearing the mutt's cry of protest when Tristan grabbed a ball carrying Yugi and lifted him over his head so the diminutive teen could reach the basket.

[Get your eyes off him Seto. You already decided you weren't going to give in.]

Seto concentrated on watching the others instead.

[The mutt's not too bad actually. Not that I'd ever tell him.]

He watched as Joey stole the ball from Yami and went in for a lay up, accidentally elbowing Ryou in the forehead.

"Shit Ryou! I'm sorry!" Joey turned to the white haired boy, only to come face to face, as it were, with the basketball, hurled at him by Bakura.

Seto snickered at the distinctly puppy-like yelp that came from the blonde.

"Bakura!" Yami yelled at him. "Joey's on our side!"

"Not when he hits my hikari, he's not!"

"I'm okay yami." Ryou grasped his arm. "It was an accident."

Kendra came over, pressing a tissue to Joey's bleeding nose. "Well, you're one short now."

"What about you?" Bakura grinned at her. He couldn't help but like his light's spunky girlfriend.

"Not likely." She grinned back. "You guys are too rough for me. Why don't you ask Kaiba?"

"Kaiba?" Joey's head snapped around, his eyes flashing fire. "Where is he?"

"Over there." Kendra pointed to the tree. "He's been watching the whole time."

Before Seto could make a getaway, Yugi came bouncing over.

[Doesn't that kid ever just walk?]

"Hey Kaiba!" Yugi smiled his ten thousand watt, the whole world is my friend so I know you are too, smile at the young CEO. "Wanna play some ball?"

"No." Seto replied shortly, instantly feeling a twinge of guilt when the other's smile faded.

[Damn, why does he have to get those puppy eyes on the way Mokuba does?]

"Oh, okay."

"I'm not really dressed for it." Seto gestured towards his dress pants and leather shoes. "But, um, thanks."

"Sure. Maybe next time!" Yugi's smile was firmly back in place as he bounced away.

[Yeah, right.]

Tristan looked towards Seto as Yugi came running back. He hadn't known the other was there the whole time. /I wonder why he was just sitting there. Usually he would have at least made a snide comment or two and then left./

"He says he can't." Yugi told his friends.

"Figures." Joey scowled. "Probably doesn't want to wrinkle his designer clothes."

"Lay off Joey." Tristan said. "If he doesn't want to play, he doesn't want to."

Joey looked at him strangely, wondering what his friend was doing defending Kaiba. He shrugged, tossing the blood covered tissue in a nearby garbage can, and grabbed the ball from Kendra. "Well, I'm done bleeding. Let's play!"

~*~*~*~*~

[Why am I doing this again?]

Seto hacked into the Domino High computer with ease. With a self satisfied smirk, he opened Tristan's personal file.

[Hmm. Funny. His marks are almost as good as mine. I didn't know he was on the basketball team. Captain of the team. Interesting.]

He closed out the personal file and logged in to the school councilor's reports.

[Every problem he's had is in connection with the mutt. Why am I not surprised? Both parents have good jobs. Doesn't seem to be any problems at home. He spent last summer in Italy going to school? Now that's weird.]

Seto sighed and shut down his computer.

[Why am I doing this? It doesn't matter how much I know about him. Even if I could approach him, if my life would allow it, I know he'd say no. I'm the person who constantly torments his best friend. Not that I'll ever be sorry for that. The mutt's just too easy a target.]

Seto left his office and wandered through the darkened halls of his mansion.

[Too bad Mokuba decided to stay at his friend's house. I could use the company. Anything to get my mind off the track it seems to be stuck on.]

Seto looked at his watch as he found himself standing outside his bedroom door. It was only 10:00. For lack of anything better to do, he decided to call it a night.

[I really need to get a life.]

~*~*~*~*~

Tristan walked around the back of the warehouse, stopping at the first door he saw. Raising a fist, he banged on it twice and waited. It opened shortly thereafter to reveal a large man in his early twenties.

"Hey Tristan. I didn't think you'd be back again tonight."

"Well, you know how it is." Tristan shrugged, slipping past the bouncer.

The man shook his head as the brunette walked down the deserted hall. He liked Tristan, and he had thought from the first time he met him that he didn't belong in a place like this.

"Tristan, wait!"

Tristan stopped, turning towards the other man who was running to catch up with him. "Yeah?"

"I have to ask…why do you come here?"

"Why does anyone come here Al? To drink, dance, pick up." Tristan grinned.

"You don't belong here."

Tristan held up a hand. "Don't lecture me. This place is all I have."

"You've got friends. I know you do."

"They wouldn't understand pal. You don't know them like I do." Tristan continued down the hall. "Now if you'll excuse me, there's a beer in there with my name on it."

The bouncer shook his head as he watched the brunette walk away. No matter what he said, Tristan didn't belong here. He deserved better than this.

~*~*~*~*~

Seto turned over in his bed, shifting restlessly.

[When did this bed get so damned big? Or the house this quiet?]

He rose from the tangled sheets, going to the bathroom and flicking on the light. He splashed some cold water on his face and looked at himself in the mirror.

[Fourth night in a row that I can't sleep. Going on the fifth day that I realized it was me he was watching. What am I going to do?]

He shut out the light and crawled back into bed.

[I can't approach him. I want to, but I can't. I know he wouldn't want his friends knowing any more than I would. Damn! What a bitch of a way to find out money can't buy everything. Or maybe…]

Seto chuckled to himself, burrowing into his pillow, feeling sleep finally stealing up on him. His last coherent thought was that he would spend tomorrow trying to find a way to get the other alone. At least to talk to him. After all, he was Seto Kaiba, and he always got what he wanted.

~*~*~*~*~

Tristan walked from the dance floor, heading for the bar. Taking the offered bottle, he turned around, leaning against the well worn wood, and surveyed the crowd.

He closed his eyes a moment, feeling his heart beat in time with the blaring techno music. Though he had been coming here for a year, he still felt out of place. It didn't matter though. It was the only place like it around. Though he was on a first name basis with most of the staff, the patrons didn't come here to exchange names. Far from it. They didn't want their names known.

His eyes snapped open as he felt someone lay a hand on his arm. He looked down to see an extremely handsome blonde with green eyes smiling up at him.

"Hello handsome." The blonde said in a deep, velvety voice.

Tristan lifted an eyebrow and looked at the hand on his arm. It was quickly removed.

The blonde's eyes narrowed at the lack of interest on Tristan's face. "What's the matter? Don't like what you see?"

"Not particularly." Tristan replied in a bored voice.

"Fine then!" The voice lost its honey smoothness. "I'm not into brunettes anyway!"

Tristan smirked as the blonde moved back off into the crowd. He couldn't help it if he had definite tastes. And those tastes didn't run to short blondes. He scanned the crowd again, his eyes catching the deep azure gaze of someone watching him from the dance floor.

He let his eyes wander over the other's form. Probably about as tall as he was, deep blue eyes, and a shock of chocolate brown hair.

/Definite possibilities./

Tristan strode to the dance floor, stopping in front of the other man. His arm snaked around a slim waist and he pulled their bodies flush. He was rewarded with a brilliant smile and an inviting look.

"You'll do." Tristan took his hand and guided him from the club.

~*~*~*~*~

Seto woke up in a sweat, breathing hard.

[Gods! It was just a dream.]

He glanced at his alarm clock. 12:16. He'd only been asleep for about an hour.

The dream had been so real he was almost expecting to find that he wasn't alone in bed. Seto groaned. Oh it was vivid alright. So vivid his breathing wasn't the only thing that was hard.

He wasn't even aware of his hands moving of their own volition as the dream began to replay itself in his mind.

[So real. I could taste his lips, feel the heat of his body against mine. Feel the strength of him. Gods, I want him. I could hear his voice. Hear him calling out my name. Oh gods.]

The tension in his body released itself and he didn't even notice the warm wetness seeping into the bedclothes as he drifted back to sleep, sated, one word slipping from his lips.

"Tristan."

~*~*~*~*~

Tristan moaned as he released into the body beneath him and collapsed, breathing heavily.

"Damn you're good." The other said as he pushed the brunette off him and turned on his side to face him. "You should come around more often."

"I don't think so." Tristan replied, allowing himself a minute to catch his breath.

"Why not?"

Tristan shrugged before getting up and pulling on his clothes.

"Ah, I see."

"You see what?"

"It's obvious. You want someone you can't have."

"How the fuck would you know?"

"I've seen it before." The other looked at him with sympathetic eyes.

"The last thing I want is your pity." Tristan was starting to get angry. "I already got all I wanted from you."

Blue eyes regarded him thoughtfully. "It won't help you know."

"What?"

"This." The other gestured to himself. "At least, it won't for long."

Tristan rolled his eyes. "I came here for sex, not analysis. I'm leaving."

He was just about to open the door when the other stopped him cold.

"By the way, my name's Adam, not Seto."

~*~*~*~*~

Seto: That's it! I'm calling my lawyer. I'm sure this is not in my contract!

YD: Get a grip Seto.

DD: He already did. *snickers*

Tristan: Oh gods you two!

YD: What? *looks innocent* You don't like being a slut?

Tristan: Hardly.

DD: WEEE!!! Someone pass the Pixy Styx!!