Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ One Way Street ❯ Chapter2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

One Way Street

by Dragondreamer and Yami Dragon

Disclaimer: We don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! DUH! If we did, the show wouldn't be fit for kids, that's for sure!

Warning: This story contains shouenen-ai (guy/guy relationships) and yaoi (guys having sex with guys). It also contains coarse language and violence. If you don't like it, or become offended by such things, what are you doing here? Haven't you figured out by now that all our writing contains this stuff?

Note: /…/ Tristan's thoughts

[…] Seto's thoughts

~*~*~*~*~

YD: *smirks* Are you guys having fun yet?

Seto: Hardly.

Tristan: Not freaking likely.

DD: Awww…come on! This is fun!

Seto: For you two maybe.

YD: Well, we've got to put you through the whole angst thing first.

DD: Yeah. We're not up to writing straight smut.

YD: Speak for yourself hikari!

~*~*~*~*~

"Seto! Where are you?!"

Mokuba's voice startled Seto out of his thoughts. He had been sitting in the window seat in his room all morning, trying to think of a way to get Tristan alone without his friends, especially the mutt, becoming suspicious. Normally he wouldn't have cared, but the last thing he wanted was for the other to avoid him because of those friends.

"Big brother? Didn't you hear me calling you?" Mokuba stood in front of him, one hand on his hip and the other clutching his dirt bike helmet.

"Sorry Mokuba. I didn't."

"What's up with you? I was yelling at the top of my lungs!"

"I've just got a lot on my mind." Seto reached out and ruffled his brother's hair. "What do you need?"

"My bike's not working."

"What's wrong with it?"

"How should I know?" The younger Kaiba rolled his eyes. "If you hadn't fired the mechanic, I would."

"We've been over this before Mokuba. He took the Harley out for a joy ride and wrecked it."

"Well, now my dirt bike's not working and we don't have anyone to fix it."

"I wish I could help you out kiddo, but the new mechanic doesn't start for another two weeks."

"Can we take it to a garage then?"

"Mokuba…" Seto gave the boy a stern look.

"Well I don't want to wait two weeks!" Mokuba chewed his lip. "Wait! What about Tristan?!"

"What?" Seto's heart stopped for a minute, thinking his brother was talking about something besides his bike.

"Tristan has a bike. And I know he fixes it himself. Maybe you could ask him!"

"Mokuba, I don't think…"

"I'll ask him! I know he'd do it. Please Seto?" Mokuba gave his big brother his best pout.

Seto sighed. "Fine. You can ask him."

"Thanks Seto!" Mokuba threw himself into the brunette's arms. "Can we go now? I can tell you how to get to his house!"

"How do you know where he lives?" Seto's pulse began to race at the thought of seeing the person who haunted his dreams.

"Oh," The raven haired boy gestured dismissively. "I went there with Yugi a couple of times."

"And since when did you start hanging around with Yugi Motou?"

"Since a while ago." Big grey eyes regarded him thoughtfully. "You know, you should hang out with them some time. They're really nice."

"Mokuba, I don't have time for that sort of thing."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. You have a business to run." Mokuba smirked. "But you really need some friends big brother."

Seto shook his head, deciding not to argue. "Come on then. If you want to go ask him, let's get going."

Mokuba gave a loud whoop and bounded out of the room, Seto following more slowly.

The perfect opportunity had fallen into his lap, and he'd be damned if he didn't take full advantage of it.

~*~*~*~*~

"Tristan! This filter doesn't fit."

Tristan looked up from where he was checking the gap on the sparkplug and shook his head. "That's because you're trying to put it in upside down you bonehead."

"Oh." Joey turned it over and set it in its place. "And I'm not a bonehead you dink."

"Whatever." Tristan wiped the grease off his hands and stood.

"Hey guess what?" Joe asked as he caught the rag Tristan threw at him, wiping his own hands. "I got a date with that new exchange student."

"The one with the buck teeth?"

"No! Not her! The other one. The blonde."

"Oh, the one with the flat chest." Tristan grinned.

"Very funny you." Joey grinned back. "I'm surprised you didn't ask her out. She really likes you man."

The brunette shrugged. "Not my type."

"No one's your type." Joey said. "If I didn't know better, I'd think you were…"

He was cut off by the sound of an engine as a silver-blue Porsche pulled in to the driveway where they were working. The passenger door flew open and Mokuba Kaiba jumped out, running towards them.

"Hey guys!" The boy greeted them. "Whatcha doing?"

"Not much little guy." Tristan smiled at him. "Just giving the bike a tune-up."

"What do you want?" Joey's eyes narrowed as he saw Seto get out of the car.

"Nothing that you could possibly provide." Seto replied, his gaze raking scornfully over the blonde.

"Listen Kaiba..!"

"Joey, please." Mokuba cut in. "We came to talk to Tristan."

Tristan turned a surprised look on the taller teen, acutely aware of the cool azure eyes boring into him. He was uncomfortably conscious of his torn jeans and oil covered tank top. The other looked like he had just stepped out of the tailor's.

"What can I do for you Kaiba?" He asked pleasantly, trying to avoid the penetrating gaze without seeming to.

"My dirt bike's not working." Mokuba said. "Do you think you could take a look at it? Our new mechanic doesn't start for a couple of weeks."

"Sure thing kid."

"Perhaps you could come tomorrow after school." Seto said. "Of course I'll compensate you for your time."

"No, that's okay Kaiba. I don't mind doing Mokuba a favor."

"I insist."

"No, really. I don't mind."

Seto scowled. "I don't want my brother owing anyone favors." [Why the hell is the mutt staring at me like that?]

"You guys can talk about it later." Mokuba said, hoping to fend off what would surely turn into a fight.

"Sure thing Mokuba." Tristan turned to the elder Kaiba. "I can come over tomorrow if you want."

"But I have band practice tomorrow after school."

"I'm sure he doesn't need you there to take a look at your bike Mokuba." Seto said.

"Well, okay." Mokuba gave in. "I guess."

"I'll expect you after class tomorrow then." Seto nodded at Tristan.

"Thanks Tristan!"

"No problem little guy."

Seto pointedly ignored Joey as he led his brother back to the car. Joey held his peace until the Kaiba brothers pulled out of the driveway.

"Are you nuts man?!" The blonde rounded on his best friend. "What are you doing, doing favors for that rich bastard?!"

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Tristan was surprised by the other's outburst. "I'm only helping the kid out."

Joey threw his hands up in exasperation. "Whatever. Sometimes I really think you've lost it."

Tristan ignored him as he looked down the road at the path Seto's car had taken. He wasn't going to give up the chance of being alone with the object of his desires. Even if it meant nothing to the taller teen.

~*~*~*~*~

"Would you like a drive, or do you need to go home first?"

Tristan jumped at the sound of Seto's voice. He had been putting away his books and hadn't heard the other come up behind him.

"Um," Tristan turned away from his locker. "I kinda need to go home first. I should change."

"Fine then. I'll let security know you'll be coming alone."

Tristan watched Seto walk out the front doors of the school and climb into the waiting limo. He waited until it pulled away before he left to get his bike.

/I must really be nuts./ Tristan put on his helmet, started the bike and left the school grounds. /What makes me think I'll get to be alone with him? He's probably got a bunch of paperwork or something to do. Can't be easy going to school and running a company too. Besides, being alone with me wouldn't mean anything to him. At least, not the same as it would to me./

Tristan arrived home, only stopping long enough to change into jeans and a tee shirt, before head out to Kaiba's. Reaching the gates of the huge estate, he stopped so the guard could let him in.

"Master Kaiba is waiting for you." The guard said in a bored tone. "Please go to the garage at the back of the mansion."

Tristan nodded to him, turning his bike up the long, curving driveway. A few minutes later he was parking next to a huge garage. One of its ten doors was up and Tristan could see Seto waiting for him.

"Hey Kaiba." Tristan greeted the taller teen.

Seto merely nodded, motioning for Tristan to follow him into the garage.

Stepping into the cooler air of the building, Tristan tried to keep his eyes from popping out of their sockets. At the other end he could see the dim outline of what looked like a speedboat, a couple of SUVs and some small sports cars. But it was what was in front of him that caused his shock. There had to be at least twelve motorcycles, including…

"Holy shit!" His eyes were riveted to the coolest looking bike he had ever seen.

"You like it?" Seto asked, running his hand over the tooled white leather seat. "I had it custom made after that idiot wrecked my Special Edition."

"It's…it's a Harley?" Tristan had never seen that much chrome on a bike before. Even the gas tank was chrome.

"Yeah. Only one of it's kind." Seto shook his head. "I've had it for two months and I haven't had the opportunity to take it out."

"You're kidding me?! Shit man. If I owned that thing, I'd live on it!"

Seto laughed, a sound of genuine amusement, the first Tristan had ever heard come from him. "Mokuba's bike is over here."

Tristan followed Seto to the back of the garage where a small, mud splattered dirt bike was propped up against the wall. Tristan pulled it over to a clear space and dropped the kickstand.

"Keys?"

Seto handed him a key dangling from a silver keychain with MK inscribed on it. Tristan put the key in the ignition and turned it. The bike sputtered once then died. He tried it again with the same results.

"When was the last time the fuel line was flushed?"

Seto leaned against the wall and shrugged.

"Well, my first guess would be that it's clogged. I'll need to drain the tank to fix it."

"Everything you need should be there." Seto pointed towards a tool locker sitting about ten feet away. "I meant what I said about paying you."

Now it was Tristan's turn to shrug. "Doesn't matter. I don't mind. Just getting to see that Harley was payment enough!"

Seto allowed himself a small smile, crossing his arms and watching as Tristan got what he needed to start work on the bike.

Tristan started draining the gas tank, trying to concentrate on what he was doing. It wasn't easy with the other hovering over him.

"It'll take a couple of minutes." Tristan stood, looking at the collection of bikes. "Are those racing bikes?"

Seto looked at the two sleek machines Tristan was pointing at. "Yeah. I picked them up at an auction last year. Do you race?"

"Not unless you count trying to make it home before my parents."

"We should take them out some time."

/Why is he being so nice? It's starting to freak me out./ Tristan shrugged noncommittally, turning back to the dirt bike. Crouching down, he continued to work, trying to clear out the obviously blocked fuel line.

Tristan? Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Why do you hide it?"

"What?!" Tristan scrambled to his feet, facing the taller teen, his heart pounding. "Hide what?"

[Interesting reaction. I wonder what he thought I meant.] "Why do you hide the fact that you're smarter than everyone seems to think you are?"

Tristan blushed slightly and turned his attention back to his task. "I don't know what you're taking about."

"Oh, come on. You're grades are almost as good as mine."

"I suppose you hacked into the school computer for that info." Tristan said, looking over his shoulder at the other brunette.

Seto just smirked, shrugging his shoulders.

"Very funny Kaiba." Tristan reversed the flow on the siphon, refilling the tank. Screwing the cap back on, he started the bike. It sputtered once and then purred to life. "Just as I thought. Nothing more than a clogged gas line."

"Impressive."

"Not really. My parents bought me my bike, but I have to take care of everything else. I learned pretty quick." Tristan turned off the machine and tossed the key to Seto. "Well, I'd better get going. I'm sure you've got stuff to do."

"Tristan, wait." Seto reached out to stop him. "You never answered my question."

"I think I've done enough for you today Kaiba." Tristan said a little more defensively than he had intended, trying not to shudder at the feeling of the other's hand on his shoulder.

"I'm…I'm sorry." Seto let his hand drop, scowling at the surprised look the other gave him. "Hey, I do have manners you know. I just don't waste them on people who don't deserve them."

Tristan grinned, heading back to the front of the garage, stopping for one last look at the Harley.

"I meant it."

"Meant what?"

"You should come over and we can take the bikes out."

"Yeah, okay. That'd be nice." /Now you're really freaking me out. I don't think you really mean it./

"So, I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow?" There was an almost hopeful look in the azure eyes.

"Um…yeah." Tristan was beginning to wonder what had gotten in to the normally cool and collected billionaire. He was acting like…well, Tristan didn't know what he was acting like, but he felt the need to get the hell out of there before something happened…like Kaiba spontaneously combusting or something.

He pulled on his helmet and kicked the engine of his bike to life. "Later Kaiba!"

Seto watched him pull away. [Damn. That did not go as I had planned it.]

~*~*~*~*~

Tristan collapsed on his bed, staring up at the ceiling.

/Well, that was definitely weird. What's gotten in to him? Since when did he care to know anything about us? About me? I don't suppose…he's interested? No way. I'm reading way too much into it. But why would he take the time to hack into the school computer to find out about my marks? And why would he want me to come around again? Maybe it was just his way of thanking me. Though I have a hard time seeing him thanking me for anything. It was probably one of those things people say and not really mean. Like when they say they'll see you around and you never lay eyes on them again./

"Tristan!" His mother called from downstairs. "The phone's for you. It's Mokuba Kaiba."

"Got it mom!" Tristan grabbed the extension in his room. "Hey Mokuba. How's it going?"

"Great! I just wanted to call and thank you for fixing my bike." Mokuba said. "Seto said you took off before he got a chance to thank you."

/Did he now./ "No problem little guy. It was no big deal."

"Seto says you're going to come out and take the race bikes out with him! That'd be so cool! He has no one to race with you know."

"I didn't know." Tristan smiled at the kid's enthusiasm. "Listen Mokuba, I gotta go. I'll talk to you later, okay?"

"Sure! Thanks again Tristan!"

"No problem kiddo. Bye."

Tristan hung up the phone, going back to staring at the ceiling.

/I wish there was someone I could talk to. I won't burden Yugi with this. Besides, Yami would flip if he found out that I had feelings for Seto. Wait a minute! Did I just say I had feelings for him?! Oh fuck. Since when did I develop feelings like that for anyone? I thought for sure it wasn't something I'd ever feel again. Not after Brad./ Tristan turned over and buried his face in his pillow, groaning. /Damn it! Damn it! Joey's right. I am losing it!/

~*~*~*~*~

Seto stood watching as his brother hung up the phone.

"I don't think he believed you big brother." Mokuba smiled at the sapphire eyed teen. "Why so interested in Tristan all of a sudden? Gonna ask him out?"

"Mokuba!" Seto flushed. "That's not funny!"

"Oh come on! I know you like him!"

"Mokuba, I…"

"It's okay Seto. I know you're gay."

"What?!" Seto sank into a chair, trying to fathom where his innocent little brother got such an idea.

"I've known for a while." The younger Kaiba turned serious grey eyes on his sibling. "You don't have to hide it from me you know."

"It doesn't matter. I can't…I can't give in to it." Seto dropped his head in his hands. "You know I can't. It would ruin everything I've worked so hard for."

Mokuba got up from his seat and put his arms around Seto, squeezing him hard. "You don't know that Seto. You don't."

"It doesn't matter." Seto repeated. "Please Mokuba. Just let it go."

"Alright big brother." Mokuba whispered. "I'll leave you alone."

Seto remained where he was until his little brother left the room. When he heard the door close, he got up and went to the window, looking out but not really seeing.

[I do know. I know that any relationship I have will be scrutinized by both the public and my competitors. And if that relationship was with another man…] Seto leaned his head against the glass, sighing. [This can't be all there is to it. There has to be more to my life than this. I don't know if I can stand just being the CEO of Kaiba Corp. and Mokuba's big brother. Don't I deserve to be happy? The only happiness I have is Mokuba. But someday he's going to grow up and leave me. Then what will I have? Will it be enough? Or will I just want to end it all?]

Seto stared out the window, noticing the glass was blurred.

[When did it start raining?]

He felt a drop of water on the back of his hand. He stared at it for a minute before realizing where it came from. He slowly lifted a hand to his face, surprised to find that he had been silently crying. He couldn't remember the last time he had cried.

[What the hell am I crying for? I'm always so in control…but I'm so out of control when it comes to him. It's a weakness I can't afford. When did I start having feelings for him? Gods! Why do I have feelings for him? Why? Damn…I can't do anything about it. Maybe if I just ignore it, it'll go away.]

He lifted his head, looking at his reflection in the window. A tear streaked face and desolate eyes stared back at him, accusing him of being a liar.

~*~*~*~*~

Seto: This is getting way out of hand.

Tristan: Isn't there anything we can do to make you guys stop writing this?

DD: Ummmm….

YD: No.

Seto: What if nobody reviews?

DD: Doesn't matter. Not that we don't want reviews.

YD: We're having too much fun, so there's nothing you can do.

Tristan: What if I told the readers not to review? And not to read any further?

YD: *brandishes lava lamp*

Seto: Not a good idea Tristan.

Tristan: *sighs* Well genius, you think of something.

DD: Doesn't matter, so give up on it!

YD: The next chapter should be out in a couple of days. Thanks to everyone who's reviewed so far!