Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Online ❯ chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Archives:
(just remove the spaces)
Nanashi - http:// www21 . brinkster . com / myladydragon
Bish Fics - http:// www10 . brinkster . com / bishfics
Fanfiction.net - http:// fanfiction.net / ~LadyDragon
AdultFanFiction.net - http:// adultfan.nexcess.net / aff / authors.php?no=782
Mediaminer.org - http:// www.mediaminer.org / user_info.php / 53604

Disclaimer: I do not now, nor will I probably ever own YGO. If I did then everyone would stop treating my Se-kun so horribly *huggles Seto plushie*

Seto Plushie: x_X

Author's Notes: Alright I've revised this story so many times already it isn't funny anymore ^^'. It's still unbetaed so I'm afraid you all will have to deal with my crap-tappy writing for a bit. I'll probably be back later today with another revised version of this. -_-' I'm so pathetic.

Fans of "The Prodigal Child", "Saving the Rose", and "Morituri te Slautant" yes I know I've just gone and started ANOTHER fic but have no fear these sotries have not been abandoned.


Online
By Lady Dragon


The clock down the hall chimed the hour of eleven o'clock. His father was off on a dig, per usual, and for once the heavy sennen ring that hung about his neck was void of his other's presence - a mixed blessing in itself. Bakura's absence meant two things: one was he wasn't about to be mocked or chided anytime soon for his "silly" and "childish" ways, two it also meant that Ryou truly was alone in the house.

With a sigh of frustration Ryou exited the word document he had been staring mindlessly at for the last forty-five minutes and instead brought up an explorer browser. If he could not make heads or tails of his anthropology paper that was due tomorrow now, he wasn't likely to succeed anytime soon. Immediately the home page sprang to life before his eyes and Ryou quickly logged in to check his email. Needless to say besides the typical "enlarge your cock" and "consolidate your debt" junk mails there was nothing to be read.

Idly Ryou drummed his fingers on the keyboard in nervousness. Bakura could return any minute now and if he caught Ryou visiting any of his favorite haunts, well Ryou didn't want to listen to the multitude of his other's jokes, jeers and laughter; not when it was all aimed solely at him. Was it really so wrong to read yaoi fan fiction if one was a male? Bakura seemed to think so, but then Bakura seemed to think it was wrong to say 'excuse me' instead of shoving people out of his way. Bakura also seemed to think there was something wrong and decidedly not right about Ryou's shoujo manga and doujinshi collection, but that was another story all together.

Deciding it was far safer to avoid any online reading Ryou clicked the AIM icon on his toolbar and signed in. Hoping that he might find one of his fellow writer or otaku friends would be online. Almost immediately several message boxes began filling up the screen. Online he was pretty well known respected, and well popular. In real life Ryou felt loved and warm inside if all of Yuugi-tachi greeted him in the morning. Sometimes Ryou felt his dark's old words, though no longer meant, were the truth; he was pathetic.

With that sad thought in mind Ryou began responding to the numerous IMs. Most were people that just wanted to say hi and gush (or in some cases) rant on one of his fanfics. The ranters were always yaoi bashers but there were less of them now that he had stopped posting at fanfiction.net. Eventually the chiming of new messages died down and allowed him the time to start up a real conversation with one of his long time online friends; KawaiiChibiGurl, KCG to those who knew her.



KawaiiChibiGurl^_^: Ne yadonushi-kun have you read Rin-sama's new fic?

yadonushi_no_yami: "Extracurricular"?

KawaiiChibiGurl^_^: YES!! That's it, what did you think?

yadonushi_no_yami: ano - the lemon was good, *blush* and she captured their personalities pretty well but . . .

KawaiiChibiGurl^_^: *giggles @ yadonushi-kun's blushing*

KawaiiChibiGurl^_^: . . . but what?

yadonushi_no_yami: Plot was unbelievable though.

KawaiiChibiGurl^_^: Really, you thought so?

yadonushi_no_yami: rape victims couldn't bounce back in half a chapter and have hot steamy sex with anyone, let alone a threesome.

KawaiiChibiGurl^_^: Hn, now that you mention it - I agree.

yadonushi_no_yami: Rin-san needs to work on developing her plots better. She's excellent at portraying a vast array of characters but right now her best works lay in the PWP section, IMO.

KawaiiChibiGurl^_^: a little harsh that thought, but UR soo right. Ah well you know I'll always have a preference for steamy lemons and PWPs anyway. Rin-sama's to be exact. ^^'




Ryou smiled as KCG went on about what thought were flaws in Rin's latest work, before being forced off the computer by her elder brother. It never ceased to amuse him when people (especially KCG) changed their outlook or opinion on a fanfic just because he found something to critique. Despite her sometimes fickle moods Ryou still found KCG to be a humorous and good friend. She was sort of a cross between Anzu in rabid otaku mode and Yuugi on a sugar high, sans friendships rants of course.

On a whim Ryou brought up AdultFanFiction.net in another browser and headed to Rin's latest work, not surprising KCG had already submitted a review. Ryou cringed upon reading it, Rin was going to scold him again for corrupting her readers.



KawaiiChibiGurl | 2003-10-15 | id # 29871

Like UR fic was awesome, as usual Rin-sama!! That lemon was soo hot and steamy you so rock!

eh heh ^_^' POCKY 4 U!!

ano - I did um agree with someone though that your plot was ubelievable. Rape victims couldn't bounce back in ½ a chapter and have hot steamy sex with anyone, let alone a threesome.

I loved your fic other wise though!! <3




Oh yeah, Rin would recognize his words muddled with KCG's gushing.

Now that AFF.net was up Ryou found himself hesitating only a moment before heading straight over to the Harry Potter section. "So much for no online reading"he thought sarcastically.

Browsing the section Ryou began to get a little nauseated. So many of the works submitted were Hermione based, HermionexSnape based actually. To be frank the pairing sickened him. It wasn't that he didn't dislike Hermione, but Snape belonged with Lupin, there was just no way around it!

"Darn Hermione/Severus shippers"

After skimming the first three pages Ryou was about to give up hope of finding anything new in the HP fandom to read when at long last his eyes lighted on a new submission from an author whom he had never heard of before.



Lonely Moon
First attempt. SS/RL yaoi/slash.
- BlueEyedRyuujin -:- R -:- Chapters [1] -:- Published [2003-10-15] -:- Updated [2003-10-15] -:- Reviews [19] -:- Average Vote [****]




"New author to the Lupin/Snape fandom. This could be promising."

Ryou smiled, elated by the thought that for once the new author wasn't a Harry/Snape shipper. Eagerly he clicked the link and waited for the page to load. As he read Ryou found himself lost in the story's fast paced plot. The plot, though not the most original was utterly believable. Ryou actually had to pause in the middle of his reading to get up and grab a handful of tissues after reading Severus' silent contemplations on his relationship with Remus, and found himself near to hysterics when at last Severus left both the Order and Remus in hopes of Remus living a better life without him.

Despite its considerable length Ryou found himself wishing there was more to the story, another chapter, a sequel, even a prequel would satisfy him; just something more! It was the first time in a long time that he had read any story that appeared as though the author had written it straight from the heart. He was even amazed when he left a review for the story, a review that was without any criticism in it at all. Judging by the large amount of shining reviews he wasn't the only one moved by the work.

Clicking on the author's name took him to the author's bio page, but alas there were no other stories to read there wasn't even an email or personal link. "The author must truly be a newbie". With a shrug Ryou turned his attention back to his buddy list. Several people were still online but none of his close online friends were on yet. He was preparing to change his status to "away" when a new IM popped up before him.



BlueEyedRyuujin69: Hello, care to chat?




The screen name was foreign to him not to mention there wasn't a profile available for the user. Curiosity piqued, Ryou decided to respond.



yadonushi_no_yami: hi :) Sure! Do I know you?

BlueEyedRyuujin69: maybe.

yadonushi_no_yami: . . .?

BlueEyedRyuujin69: ~_^

BlueEyedRyuujin69: Are you the one who wrote "Wolf and Master"? [1]

yadonushi_no_yami: Yes that's me ^^ what did you think of it?

BlueEyedRyuujin69: I actually thought it was very good actually.

yadonushi_no_yami: Really? Thank you.

BlueEyedRyuujin69: np. To be honest it was after I finished reading your work that I got the motivation to attempt to compose one of the many ideas that have been floating in my head.

yadonushi_no_yami: *blushes madly* I've never been a source of inspiration for anyone before . . . o.O'

BlueEyedRyuujin69: You're blushing? Cute. Well get used to it, you're my muse yadonushi.




Ryou stared in amazement and wonder at Ryuujin's blunt words. Cute? He considered him cute and not to mention his muse as well? Ryou's already warm face grew hotter with every second that passed.

"Get a grip baka" he muttered to himself. "He can't see you, he wouldn't think you were cute if he could!"

Despite his words he couldn't fight the warm feeling he felt spreading throughout him. What he had told Ryuujin was true. Despite all the gushing reviews and kind words no one had ever told him he was their "source of inspiration" let alone considered him their muse.



yadonushi_no_yami: Thank you for the compliments Ryuujin-kun.

BlueEyedRyuujin69: *sigh* You shouldn't thank me, its nothing but the truth. Remember that.

yadonushi_no_yami: I'll try. Wait - !

BlueEyedRyuujin69: Yes?




Ryou felt his eyes widen as Ryuujin's words began to register, intrigued he quickly maximized the window with AFF.net in it and back tracked to the story he had just read.

Lonely Moon by BlueEyedRyuujin.

BlueEyedRyuujin, it was the pen name of the new author and the screen name of the person he was chatting with, well sans the 69 that is.



BlueEyedRyuujin69: . . .? you still there yadonushi?




Ryou jumped at the sound of the AIM chime and quickly typed out a response.



yadonushi_no_yami: Hai Ryuujin-kun, still here.

BlueEyedRyuujin69: So what happened?

yadonushi_no_yami: ano Ryuujin-kun, if you don't mind, could I ask you a question?

BlueEyedRyuujin69: Hai yadonushi ask away. I couldn't deny my muse after all ~_^

yadonushi_no_yami: You said my fanfic inspired you to write your first RL/SS fic correct?

BlueEyedRyuujin69: Yes, I did.

yadonushi_no_yami: OMG! You're the author on "Lonely Moon"!

yadonushi_no_yami: Right?

BlueEyedRyuujin69: lol Yes I am. I'm actually flattered you've heard of it.

yadonushi_no_yami: Heard of it? I read, reviewed and put it in my RECs. It really is quite good, you should be very proud of yourself.

BlueEyedRyuujin69: You reviewed it? I'm going to have to look at the reviews after all.

yadonushi_no_yami: after all? Weren't you going to look at them anyway?

BlueEyedRyuujin69: um, no

yadonushi_no_yami: Nani?! Why ever not?!

BlueEyedRyuujin69: eto - I was a bit um . . . afraid -_-'




Ryou blinked in amazement at the screen before him. Ryuujin was afraid to read his reviews? Did he think his story would receive nothing but flames and negative feedback? The thought that someone so talented couldn't recognize his own talent was a baffling and humbling experience for him.



yadonushi_no_yami: ne Ryuujin-kun

BlueEyedRyuujin69: what?

yadonushi_no_yami: don't feel bad. ^_^ I'm always afraid that I'll be flamed too. That's why I keep writing.

BlueEyedRyuujin69: to torture yourself?

yadonushi_no_yami: No! To improve and . . . er . . . perfect my technique.

BlueEyedRyuujin69: perfect?

yadonushi_no_yami: yea, but mainly to have fun. I enjoy writing.

BlueEyedRyuujin69: I see. I just didn't think I could convey their relationship realistically.

yadonushi_no_yami: Nonsense! You did great =D Best fic I've read in a long time.

BlueEyedRyuujin69: Thank you.

yadonushi_no_yami: ^_^




Ryou sat back with a smile. At that exact moment he couldn't have cared less if Bakura walked though the door that minute and began to tease him about his love of fan fiction till his face turned blue and he resembled a blue berry. Well a very angry and homicidal blue berry anyway.



yadonushi_no_yami: so Ryuujin-kun wanna be friends?

BlueEyedRyuujin69: . . . I think I'd like that.

yadonushi_no_yami: Great! Ne Ryuujin-kun . . .?

BlueEyedRyuujin69: yes muse?

yadonushi_no_yami: why does your SN have the 69 in it when your pen name dosn't?




There was a long pause and just when Ryou was beginning to think he'd somehow offended Ryuujin he got a response.



BlueEyedRyuujin69: ano, my little brother added it when he found out about my obsession with yaoi fan fiction.




Ryou blinked once, then twice in confusion. What did the number 69 have to do with anything?



yadonushi_no_yami: eto, I don't really understand about this 69 thing.

BlueEyedRyuujin69: You who reads and writes yaoi fanfiction does not know?

yadonushi_no_yami: um nope I don't.

BlueEyedRyuujin69: do you ever read lemons?

yadonushi_no_yami: sometimes . . .

BlueEyedRyuujin69: Aah, my muse is still so innocent. It's a shame I'll have to corrupt you.

yadonushi_no_yami: *blushes* so um what is it?

BlueEyedRyuujin69: it's a - sexual position.




Ryou looked closely at the number for a moment his mind twisting it in every perverted sense that he could, some of which might have even made Bakura blush had he heard his light's thoughts. After a full minute of puzzling out the mystery an idea came to him, one that caused heat to rush up his neck and fan out across his cheeks. Well, he felt rather silly now for not guessing that sooner.



yadonushi_no_yami: your little brother is erm interesting.

BlueEyedRyuujin69: I prefer the term: "evil incarnate".

yadonushi_no_yami: ^^' you said it not me!

BlueEyedRyuujin69: but I still love him

yadonushi_no_yami: I wish I had a younger sibling

BlueEyedRyuujin69: Do you have any siblings?

yadonushi_no_yami: Nope

BlueEyedRyuujin69: ah, listen yadonushi-muse I have to go now. I've got to go in to work before I head to school tomorrow.

yadonushi_no_yami: you have a job?

BlueEyedRyuujin69: Hai, it's an office job.

yadonushi_no_yami: That sounds nice, well I guess I'd better let you go then. I have school as well.

BlueEyedRyuujin69: I'll be online tomorrow, talk to you then.

yadonushi_no_yami: Alright see you then. Oyasumi nasai.

BlueEyedRyuujin69: Oyasumi muse-chan.

BlueEyedRyuujin69 has signed off.




Despite not having finished his paper Ryou felt as though he had managed to accomplish something great. BlueEyedRyuujin seemed like a very interesting character, not to mention an accomplished writer. After Ryuujin's departure Ryou felt - empty. Reading didn't really appeal to him right now, not with the thought of Bakura returning any moment, and chatting with countless people who did not have opinions of their own and only really wanted to babble was even less appealing.

His mind made up Ryou quickly made his excuses to those still trying to chat with him and bade everyone a goodnight before signing off and shutting down the computer. His essay officially abandoned, a first in his academic history, Ryou prepared for bed in hopes of falling asleep before his yami's return and he was subjected to tales of Bakura's nocturnal escapades. Oh what the ancient pharaoh would give to know what Bakura did on his own time, but he wasn't about to give Yami any excuses to send Bakura packing to the shadow realm. He happened to very found of his other, though eccentric as he was.

As he climbed between the sheets Ryou's excitement for the following day mounted, not because he would be at school or because he might meet up with Yuugi-tachi, but because tomorrow evening he could converse with Ryuujin once again.

Ryuujin had mentioned that he attended school, with luck maybe Ryuujin would wish to meet him in real life as Rin and KCG had and he would make a new friend. A sweet smile played across his lips at that thought and his eyes fell closed as he drifted off to sleep, the perfect picture of innocence.

This was the sight that greeted the former tomb robber as he stumbled in at three o'clock in the morning a brand new and freshly stolen laptop, for Ryou of course, tucked beneath one arm. Needless to say the fiend didn't have the heart to disturb the slumbering boy and vowed instead to present Ryou with the gift first thing in the morning.



· - · TSUZUKU · - ·


1. Tribute to the first SS/RL fuh-q-fest! That's the actual name of the fest.

This will probably be a slow going story with no actual action just the detailing of how these two came to be together. ^^ um I did make it faily obvious who Ryou was talking to online right? I didn't want to make it so blatantly obvious that even Ryou would be all "Oi ??? is that you?" I swear sometimes some people make it a little TOO obvious who the online characters are.

I mean put yourself in Ryou's shoes for example, if you got an IM from someone called "ImNotADogKaiba" wouldn't you know it was Jou? -_-' I read a fic like that once, though I think it was Yuugi Jou was talking to and Yuugi was in complete shock at the end when it turned out to be Jou he was talking to. Duh what was his first clue? Okay sorry didn't mean to bash, just hard to believe a story when you're questioning the main character's intelligence. So anyway screen names are ones other people would use, but are still ones that Ryou and the others might use as well.

Anyway, all critique, flames and bribes are welcomed. ~_^ I accept Visa, Master card, Discover and American Express. Or you can just leave a review, those are wonderful too.