Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Irony ❯ Study Time ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Jade: OK. Sorry about the last paragraph in the last chapie. I don't know why I wrote it in thired person. Guess I wasn't paying attention. Oh well. Anyway, here's anther chapter. Enjoy!

5.) Study Time

************

The ride to Kaiba's house was escruciatingly long. Neither of us said a single word to eachother in the car. I just stared out the window and looked at the scenery. We started to enter the rich neighborhood. I sighed. And shut my eyes.

"We're here mutt. Now get out of my limo before it smells like dog," Kaiba said. Hmm...guess I didn't notice that we'd stopped.

"Ok...sheesh...you could stand to be a little nicer ya know...." I said as I got out. We headed towards his house. Or more like mansion. Noooo...you just couldn't tell this guy was rich. Not that it was worth anything. He didn't have any friends.

"Now just follow and don't touch anything mutt!" Kaiba said as we reached the doors of the house.

"Tsh..like i'd want to," I grumbled. He opened the door and we walked in. He set his coat on a rack by the door and I did the same. He started to walk down a long hall toward some stairs. I follewed. I just he didn't mock me for following him at his heels like the puppy he always called me.

We went up the stairs and turned to the left. Kaiba stopped and, like the idiot I am, I wasn't paying attention and ran right into him, knocking us both to the floor.

I was on top of him.....gee, how lovely. He stared at me for a second, shocked. One because I had knocked him over and two because I was on top of him, our faces inches from touching.

Then he snapped back to reality and yelled, "GET OFF OF ME YOU STUPID CLUMSY MUTT!!"

I glared at him and got up. "You coulda' at least told me you were stopping!"

"You should have been paying attention! Oh nevermind, just shut up and come here puppy." he growled. I followed him into the room. It was a small upstairs library. He set his books down and sat down at a desk. I found a chair and sat down.

"Now, we need to find out what this project is going to be about....Joey....pay attention..." he said.

"Huh? Oh yeah, project right..." I said staring blankly at him. I hope this doesn't take too long. I haft to be home on time or I'll get another beating. Not that it matters anyway. But the beating will be less painful if I'm not late.

Kaiba had begun talking again and I wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying. He looked agrivated again.

"JOEY! Are you going to listen to me or not. Because if you don't......" he stopped in mid-sentence, noticing the look on my face. When I wasn't at school, I always dropped the happy go lucky guy act. I had forgot that there was someone in the room. "Joey, what's wrong?" he said.

"Huh?" What the...Kaiba was...asking what was wrong? What did he care? "Nothin'" I said cooly.

"I don't believe you. And why do you have a bruise on your forehead? Did you run into a wall?" he said with an emotionless look on his face.

"Damn it Seto! I said I was fine! Now can we get on with this project!" Of all people, Kaiba was the last person I would tell about my father.

"Joey...I'm not stupid," was all he said.

"FINE!! Something is wrong but I'm not telling you," I growled. I turned away from him.

He got up and walked over to me. I was still turned away from him. "Joey..." he said as he grabbed my chin and turned my head to face him so that I had to look at him. God those eyes. The deapest pool of cerulean blue. I could get lost in them. At that moment they said so much more that words could and I caught a glimpse of something. He was hiding something too.

"Joey, tell me what's wrong." I snapped back to reallity. His voice was so calm...so, peaceful.

"No...I can't." I said looking into those beautiful eyes of his. Then I noticed that he was searching my eyes as well, looking for an answer.

"Joey, who's been hitting you? This bruise wasn't self inflicted. Trust me. I know the difference." I sat wide eyed at his question and at what he'd said. Had Seto been through what I was going through now? No. He couldn't be. He's a snobby rich kid. His parents probably spoiled him. "Joey, please tell me." There was so much worry and concern in his voice. This wasn't like Kaiba. Why was he being so nice!?

I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up and flung myself into him, clutched his shirt and broke down and cried. Something about his current actions made me want to open up to him.

He looked down at me in surprise and then his expression softened. He put his arms around me and slowly rubbed my back to comfort me. "Sssh...Joey, it's ok now. You're safe now."

I sat there and cried for a while. I just let it all out. Why was I even doing this? Why was I letting Seto see me like this? I looked up at him. "Why are you being so nice to me?"

"Because, you're my puppy. Only I get to torment you," he smiled down at me. He then leaned down and kissed away my tears. I looked at him suprised. Was I dreaming? Was he actually being nice to me? He just smiled at me. Then his face went back to worry. "Now, will you please tell me who's been doing this to you?" he said as he reached up and gentally touched my bruised forehead.

I rested my head in the crook of his neck. "My father...." I mumbled.

"I thought so," he said calmly. "My father did the same to me until he met his dimise."

I sat there. I felt so safe in his arms. It was like he was the one I was meant to be with. And with this sudden change of character, I was beginning to believe so. "You were abused too?"

"Yes...I was. I've never told anyone. And I take it you haven't either."

"No," I said. "Seto?"

"Yes?"

"Don't leave me..."

He smiled and held me tighter. "I won't my puppy. I won't."

***************

Jade: Yay!!! Another chapter! Hope everyone liked it. I'll keep writing for ya'll sake!

Joey: *sighs...*

Seto: *sweat droplet*