Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Kaiba Trinity ❯ Unfolding the truth ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mokuba Kaiba

Mokuba lay on the hospital bed, his hands gripping the sheets in a death grip trying to ward off a nightmare. A soft feminine hand reached out and stroked his hair. A tall figure sulked in the corner. His icy blue eyes watched the scene before him with distaste. This woman had no right to comfort Mokuba.

"Seto, If what you have told me is true, I am his sister. Stop your glaring."

"Sarah, you have no right to even be here, I have no sister, neither does Mokuba."

Sarah sat down in the side of the bed and stroked the wild hair. Seto watched her and began to see subtle resemblance between Mokuba and Sarah. She had Mokuba's dark hair and dark skin. Her eyes were the same piercing shade of blue of Seto's cerulean orbs. Her body had the tall, slender build that Seto had. One would think that she was definitely a Kaiba.

Seto looked over at Sarah once more, and saw looked a lot like his mother. A sharp pain stabbed through his heart and he tried not to remember the gentle soul he'd lost as a child. He was barely ten when she'd had Mokuba. She'd died shortly after having him.

Mokuba began to stir in the bed. As he slowly woke up, his eyes focused on Seto.

"Seto, you came to see me! I thought since you had that report that you wouldn't come."

Seto crossed the room and took Mokuba in his arms. He tenderly kissed Mokuba's forehead.

"I'd make time for you, you know that."

Mokuba snuggled against his brother's shoulder. He eyed Sarah with curiosity, not too sure what to make of this strange woman in his room, holding his hand.

"My name's Sarah, Mokuba."

Just then someone came in and handed Seto an envelope. He opened it, and read the slip of paper it contained. Shock registered on his face and the paper fell to the floor. Ignoring the dropped piece of paper, he walked over to Sarah, and wrapped his arms around her.

"Welcome home, Savannah."