Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Unpeople ❯ Chapter 7

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

“Egypt no longer exists, you are 3000 years ahead of your own time,” Raye commented solemnly to the shocked Egyptians.
“What,” Yami cried out not believing what he was hearing, “that's impossible.”
“No,” Raye commented thinking mainly to herself before commenting something silently and then stating, “It might be very well”
“There is no way that Egypt could have fallen,” the pharaoh interrupted still unbelieving causing Bakura to snicker.
 
Yami gave a harsh glare to the thief, “this is all some type of trick isn't this, some twisted plan.”
This only caused the accused to laugh, “yes some how I was able to magic up all this, just to torture you. Can your ego not get any bigger?”
The insulted pharaoh growled shoving past him and racing back out onto the open street.
“You should stop him, he will get caught quickly like that,” Raye commented blandly receiving a nod from Yugi who then went after the fleeing figure.
“Heh, good idea not to waste your time on him,” Bakura scoffed with a slight smirk on his face watching the small male disappearing from view.
“I didn't go myself because Yugi will have an easier time catching up to him,” she answered, “we should head back to the hutch. Then we might be able to get you less noticeable clothes.”
“What are you talking about,” he replied slightly put out by the comment, “what is so wrong with what I'm wearing. Has to be more comfortable then keeping those bands of fabric around the legs like that little one.”
“They are called pants,” Raye replied looking out around the corner of the alleyway before heading out, “they are suitable for most people these days.”
“Still don't think they would be comfortable,” came the reply as he spied them off those walking by.
“If you refuse to merge in, we will not be able to allow you to go out of the hutch,” she replied a matter a factly.
 
“Why do you call it a hutch anyway,” Bakura asked bored swiping a pair of pants off an ignored stall, not wanting to be stuck away for long periods, “makes it sound insignificant. You should call it a base or something, making it seem more grand.”
“But it is not grand,” Raye replied looking to him slightly, “by giving it a grandeur name would not make it any better then it already is. Giving it that illusion would just take away from the safe haven it is for us.”
“Safe haven?” he grinned, “what does it keep you so safe from then?”
“Everyone”
 
=====================================================
“ Please slow wait up,” Yugi called after the strangely dressed Egyptian doing his best to move through the crowds without attracting unwanted attention.
Yami himself didn't want to stop moving, he also didn't want to face facts about what he had now ran three times into.
“Please stop, you don't know where your going,” Yugi begged trying to grab his wrist, “you'll get lost.”
“This place can't be that big, soon enough I'll hit the desert,” Yami snapped back, pulling his hand out of the boy's reach.
 
Seeing flashing lights coming towards them, Yugi reacted instinctively tackling his new friend into a nearby alleyway. Before the pharaoh could cry out in protest a hand was holding tight over his mouth.
 
“Please don't run again,” Yugi whispered quietly, “You can't stand out, it will get you captured. So can we please head back.”
Watching the amount of worry on the young boy's face he gave a small nod and the hand was removed. Standing up he looked out of the alleyway, trying to see what had caused the boy to commit such an outlandish and out of character action, from what he knew of the child.
Yugi put his hand softly on Yami's shoulder and commented quietly, “we will go through the backstreets, it's safer that way, and we might be able to get you some better clothes.”
“Wouldn't most of the shops be on the main streets?” he asked following the boy.
Yugi looked up at him slightly sadly, “we don't have money to buy clothes.”
Statement causing the elder to move away from the younger with shock and slight disgust he stuttered slightly, “y, you plan to steal the clothes?!”
Quickly shaking his head, Yugi corrected him, “We can take them from the clothes disposal unit near here. Don't worry they should be clean.”
 
Calming himself, but still not to set on the idea of wearing second hand clothes, Yami nodded, following the once again cautiously moving companion. Glancing back at him Yugi sighed slightly, the expression on the male's face when the thought of stealing the clothes came to subject hurt the boy slightly. Causing him to decide to keep his new friend in the dark on how they get their food and other items unless necessary.
================================================
As Raye put items of food away that Bakura had easily slipped from under the nose of shopkeepers, the bringer of food took another look around the hutch with the slightly better light that day brought with it. Finishing the walk around and memorising where everything was in the small place he was soon seated and watching the small figured girl finish up putting away the food.
“So how did you do that trick with the floating symbols anyway?” He asked leaning on one elbow, “think you could teach me how to do that myself?”
 
Not getting a reply he stood up going over to her and taking an apple from her hands. Snatching the apple back quickly she placed it away. Bakura looked confused at his now empty hand, surprised by the speed of the thin arms.
“Wow, you must be a really quick runner with that speed,” he joked trying to relieve his boredom.
“I am fairly sped runner,” she replied placing the last tinned meat away.
“Then why did you send the squirt after pharaoh, if you'd gone he probably would have been back by now,” he replied, “not that I'm complaining. That man is sickening.”
“Their names are Yugi and Yami, it is not nice to call them such things,” the girl replied without any hint of a stern tone turning to face him.
“How is it not nice,” Bakura replied adding with a slightly snide tone, “he is a pharaoh, well was a pharaoh. Guess he isn't really anymore.”
“It was the tone you use, and the way that you use it that makes it an insult,” she replied informatively.
 
Pausing at her statement and unable to think up a comeback he changed the topic quickly, “You still haven't answered either of my questions.”
But before there was any chance of that the door slab moved back, causing him to spin around alert and on edge until Yugi dropped through, closely followed by Yami, who was dressed well, even though slightly shabby and out of size.
Not trying to hide his humour the thief burst out laughing earning himself a harsh glare.
 
“He looks like an oddly dressed businessman,” Raye commented quietly.
“We were in the midlands by the time I caught him,” Yugi replied sheepishly, “I think it looks good on him.”
“Ow yes it looks great,” Bakura commented between laughs.
“It's better then whatever that is,” Yami scowled back looking his nemesis up and down.
Bakura glanced down at his own self chosen outfit, though having chosen to keep his coat and shrugs, “I like it.”
 
Having talked quietly with Raye while the two argued Yugi looked towards them slightly timidly, while his friend stayed behind him.
“Um,” he asked demanding their attention.
But as he watched the two of them argue on, he tried again raising his voice slight, “excuse me.”
Finding himself now being watched by two sets of eyes he found is voice shrink.
“Um, what do you plan to do now, since it's not there an all,” he asked watching Yami's stature shrink slightly.
“Figure out how we got here for one at the very least,” Bakura replied calmly, not really caring about going back or not, “how exactly did it fall anyway?”
“It didn't” Raye replied speaking up slightly, “it combined it's domain with that of Greece becoming the first world power.”
Now the two sets of eyes remained on the girl in shock and surprise.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------
Equilla: hey to all my peeps, here is the promised chapter. Sorry again about the wait, hey to all my reviewers. Not really a chance to say hi to them right now as I just finished this and want to get it to you guys as soon as possible. Hopefully will be able to get the next chapter to you as soon as possible.
Mokuba; hello, we are accepting any guesses of who Raye is, and any requests for certain characters to appear.
Equilla; in other words I want to add in some more stuff before going to the next main plot point which I have worked out so far. Next chapter probably won't start with these guys, but instead show other people. Just a heads up.