Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Unpeople ❯ Chapter 6

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Bakura blinked his eyes open, wipping off some dust that had settled there during the night. He looked down at the dust with confusion at first wondering how it had managed to settle on him during the night in such a noticeable layer. But then he grinned realising that he had actually managed to fall asleep for once in such a long time. His thoughts were suddenly broken when a shuffeling noise brought him back to reality.
 
Yami slid his hand along the wall feeling the roughness of the raw grey rock. This was all so foreign to him, he would most likely have been in a bad mood if he hadn't had such a calm night sleep. He was relieved that the sudden strange change had also seemingly taken away his nightmare. Hearing a movement nearby he squinted through the dim light in the direction of the other noise maker.
 
“Ow right you're here as well aren't you,” the pharaoh muttered annoyed to the bane of his existence.
Bakura grunted looking away from the nuisance towards the growing light at the top of a corner of the dry hideaway. As the stone block slipped away two slim figures slipped down and in. While one packed some small objects away into a box the other watched them with wide eyes and a smile.
 
“Your awake,” Yugi chirped with cheer, “we would have woken you up but the both of you looked so peaceful that we couldn't bring ourselves to.”
“Where are we?” Yami asked again, his mind still jumbled by all the confusion.
“As I said last night,” the female answered giving him a questioning look, “You are in the slum lands of Acrova. You were brought here by the same mode of transportation we believed brought us to your country, Eygpt.”
The two who were being addressed looked up at her no less confused then they had been before.
“We are going to try and work out exactly where that is today, and how we might be able to get you back to your homes,” she continued in the same soft monotone.
“Great, the sooner I get away from this pompous pharaoh the better,” Bakura answered smirking snidly at the male in question.
Yami glared back at the offending thief, causing the sourness in the air to grow substantially, and Yugi to start becoming frustrated.
 
“If you carry on in that manner once we leave here, you will attract the attention of force officers,” Ray answered staley placing herself between the two, “we can go now, as you wish to go back to your own place so eagerly. You also create too many problems around here.”
Taking the hint Yugi hurried to the opening poking his head in through the opening making sure that there was no one to spot them exiting their small hiding place. Soon his small physique had disappeared from view. Raye gave a nod waving towards the exit, showing the two the way out. Pushing harshly past Yami, Bakura also slipped out the hole with a little difficulty. Glaring at the disappearing legs, the pharaoh soon followed him through, with Raye close behind. Yugi watched people walk past, keeping a careful gaurd, as the girl closed off the hole.
 
“Why do you live in such conditions?” Yami enquired as she stood up.
The thief rolled his eyes before giving a snarky reply, “not everyone has it as easy as you do pharaoh.”
“Could you please not fight,” Yugi begged looking at them with pleading eyes, “it only leads to bad.”
The two looked at him surprised again before finding themselves nodding in illusion at the sad round eyes.
“Come,” Raye commented breaking their thoughts, as she lead onto the dirty streets, “The library is this way. Stick close, and don't get lost.”
Before either had a chance to complain she had disappeared into the dense crowd, and the small Yugi had taken their hands each and delved into the swell after her.
 
Slightly battered the two Egyptians were relieved to find themselves once again pulled out of the crowd again into another alleyway between two stalk buildings.
“Why is the city so dull and grey?” the pharaoh asked rubbing his sore shoulder, while the thief nursed a hurting, pulled arm.
“Everyone heads were they need to no where else, and it is so grey because of the dust and ash in the air that settles in the morning,” Raye informed easily feeling along the cement wall.
“That attributes to the foul smell,” Bakura commented watching her actions, “what are you doing?”
“Looking for the loose stone,” Yugi replied, also feeling along the wall, “so we can get into the library here.”
“We should go in the front door, not be sneaking around like this,” the pharaoh replied feeling indignified by the shameful actions being carried out.
 
The two children looked up at the male with surprise.
“We can't,” Yugi replied with a grin as he found the fault in the smooth surface and tried to start egding it out, “we aren't on the identity database, so if we do try they will arrest us.”
“And I doubt that you have visitor passes or identity tags yourselves,” Raye added helping her friend remove the loose cement from it's place.
Yami watched them shocked at their words and actions. Raye slipped through the small opening first, soon followed by Bakura after Yugi had offered him the exit. Yugi now struggeling slightly with the section of cement looked from the still shocked pharaoh to the hole.
“How can we do this, it is shameful” Yami complained watching the strugeling child.
“It is the way we have to do things,” Yugi replied holding the stone up against the wall, “could you please go through, this stone is very heavy.”
 
Finaly after he had oblidged and gone through the hole, to be soon followed through by Yugi, Raye pulled the cement block back into place between two shelves of books, with the thin but strong ropes that had been attached to either side. Yugi looked quietly along the rows of books which slowly progressed to a higher populated filled with memory chips instead of their paged counter parts. Nodding back to the other three he slipped around the corner out of view, and was closely followed by a silent Bakura.
“Typical he knows how to slink around,” Yami muttered under his breath glancing to the silent watching girl who put a finger lightly to her lips and preffered he palm in the direction they had gone.
 
Soon finding the thief and the young boy again Yami looked up amazed at the ame flashing database that had also mesmerised Bakura.
“What is this?” Bakura asked in a hushed voice, knowing full well the result of causing a semi loud sound in such a situation.
“It is the mainhold for the library database, it's the easiest point to gain access as no one comes back here if there isn't a problem,” Yugi whispered back keeping look out.
Yami stayed near the entrance of the enclosed area watching others pass by, not wanting to feel involved in what he guessed was a crime, that was happening. While Bakura watched amazed as the young girl placed her hand against a small opening on the computer, and her eyes glazed over. Soon there was many lines flowing past her eyes, shown clearly floating a few centimetres infront of her eyes.
 
After awhile Raye removed her hand from the computer and looked sadly towards the other two saying quietly, “I'm sorry.”
Yami and Yugi looked towards her hearing her speak.
“What do you mean your sorry?” Bakura demanded in a hushed but harsh tone, “what did you find.”
“We should leave before I inform you, so we don't get overheard and caught,” Raye answered moving past them and checking to see if the area was clear.
They other three quietly followed after her when she disappeared back the way they had came, eventually exiting back out through the hole. As Raye replaced the cement slab back in it's hole, Bakura once again spoke up.
“What the hell is going on?” he demanded not caring about being overheard.
“Egypt no longer exists,” she replied solemnly to their shocked faces, “you are 3000 years ahead of your own time.”
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
Equilla: dun dun duuuuuunn, ow also sorry about the lateness I recently started uni so I was distracted, I still am, so those stories which aren't updated yet might take another couple more weeks till they are. Sorry my loyal peeps
Mokuba: …I have nothing to say