Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Welcome to my Life ❯ Welcome to my Life ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter started 11/28/04 7:30 Finished 11/29/04 9;53



Welcome to my life



Ryou was walking through the hallway of Domino High glad that the day was over and there was absolutely no sign of the new school bullies who, as a matter of fact, enjoyed picking on him more than anyone else in the entire school it seemed.
A lot had happened in the two months after the guys got back from America. Yugi and Yami found a way to give the hakari’s and yami’s their own bodies again, which in Ryou’s case, wasn’t very helpful considering the bullies transferred just last month. Rebecca and her grandfather now lived in town and she went to school with them, much to Yugi’s pleasure. Everyone was paired up, except Ryou-chan and Bakura-san. Yugi had Rebecca, and Yami finally realized how much he liked Anzu on the train when he was battling Weevil. When Mai got her sensitive side back, she and Jonouchi got hooked up, Kaiba and Isis have been together since his tournament. Marik found away to make a Duel monster real and brought the Mystical Elf to life, much to everyone’s surprise, and started dating her. Honda and Shizuka, well I guess Otogi doesn’t have anyone so that’s three people who aren’t coupled. Ryou was busy reminiscing and didn’t notice that the two bullies who started his train of thought were standing in front of him.
“Well, well, well” said the boy with brown hair in a prep cut, grabbing Ryou around the neck. “If it isn’t our good friend Ryou Bakura.”
“Yes, very good friend...” snarled his bald comrade. “How should we show him how much we appreciate him being here right now?
“There’s the boys’ bathroom...or better yet the girls’!” the ugly wanna be prep exclaimed while giving a chuckle at the end.
“You unhand that poor boy this very instant!” A feminine voice called from behind the boys.
“What do we have here? A pigeon sticking up for her boyfriend? Hey why don’t you come to my place later?” The bald guy asked.
“Number one; Never call me pigeon. Number two; who the hell do you think you are?” the girl looked calm but was standing a little rigidly whence she was talking.
The bald dude started in. “I’m sorry my name is Chuck, this here is my pal Pek.” The girl rolled her eyes.
“I don’t care who you are. Just let go of the kid.”
“Why don’t you make me, Pige?” The girl started growling.
“I warned you.” She lunged Pek and kicked him behind the knee and kicked Chuck in the shin. While both boys were going down she grabbed Ryou and ran out of the school.
“You ok, kid?” She asked concerned.
“The name’s Ryou and I’m fine.” He said confused at what just happened.
“Oh sorry. I’m Tera-ura.” she stated with a tint of red on her cheeks. ~Wow this kid is pretty hot.....Grr HENTAI HENTAI!!!!~
“Pleased to meet you. Thanks for standing up for me back there.” His cheeks also turned red. ~That is the nicest thing any stranger/girl has done for me....She’s not bad in the looks either.~ The girl had red hair with blue highlights and one grey streak going through the side. She was about 5'3, an inch shorter than Ryou. She was about in between Tea and Serenity in the weight department.
“Hey don’t worry about it, I was always on the receiving end on the pranks.”
“What kind of creep would bully a girl?”
“You wouldn’t believe how many...” she responded. They were bypassing Yugi’s grandfather’s shop where Yugi was outside sweeping when he saw Ryou and called over to him.
“Ryou!! Please help me...er...I mean how’s it going?” He noticed the strange chick walking with Ryou. “Who’s your friend?” When Yugi saw Tera-ura she started walking slowly behind Ryou, as if walking on enemy grounds.
“I’m fine, and this is Tera-ura. She beat up some guys.” He detected her walking consciously. “She just moved here, I presume?” Not really sure if she had just moved here or had just simply changed schools.
“H-hai. I moved here from Hokkaido.” She walked out from behind Ryou. “Nice place you have here. A DM shop?”
“I’m pleased to meet you and yes it is. Would you like to come in?” Yugi asked warmly.
“No, thank you. I need to go home and do the housework, cook, and go to work.” Her eyes did the arrow things. ^_^ “Oh ok. Well come again!” Yugi said waving as the two went toward her street.
“Where do you live?” Ryou asked curiously.
“Ivoire Avenue.” She answered while still walking forward. “Ivoire is French for ivory.”
“How....interesting.” He asked amazed. “What kind of business do your parents do exactly?”
“They used to be zoologists, until they died about 3 months ago.” Her eyes had a slight glossy look for a half second and the went back to normal. “Anyways, would you like to see my house? I want a friends opinion on it. It’s my new pride and joy, I even have a name for it!” Her eyes did this thing again: ^_^.
“Okay, I guess.” After his acceptance to the invite she stopped right in front of a 19-century looking dojo, but there was a bigger house, a Victorian that was 3-stories high, behind it. “YOU LIVE HERE?!?Wow!!!” Tera-ura sweatdropped.
“Umm.....yes...I wanted the old British-style but I also wanted the old Japanese-style, so I went with both! ^_^” She began walking in the gates with Ryou following and gazing with his mouth ajar. After my parents’ death, I came down here to look at the houses and saw this adorable dojo and thought that a fish pond in the left corner of the garden would go perfect with it. The backyard was huge so I decided that that would be the perfect place for my British house and for a miniature waterfall. But maybe two houses are a little too much for one little girl...But I do pay everything myself so why not spoil myself, when I’m doing it on my own?” She walked inside the dojo, took her shoes off and set her backpack on the floor by the door, Ryou did the same, still gawking.
“You pay for this by yourself?” She just nodded. “I can barely pay for my apartment, and my other half helps!” Tera-ura heard, realized, and actually understood what he said about his other half, but she decided to not to say anything.
“So you want something to eat?”
“If it’s not to much of a bother. I haven’t eaten all day.” She headed to the old fashioned kitchen.
“What would you like? Instant ramen, sushi, some chicken? I would go with the chicken if I were you.” She grinned and without him even answering went to the stove and placed the chicken on top with some fried rice, and started grilling.
“You should have a party here sometime. This is the nicest place in town, I bet. And to have it all to yourself!”
Really, you think so? But I don’t know anyone, with the exception of you.” She said while adding lemon juice and soy sauce to the chicken, and egg, carrots, peas and onions to the fried rice.
“Yea, but I could introduce you to my small circle of friends and have just them over.” Contemplating over the idea, she started to take the food off the stove top.
“I guess it would be ok. And I could invite Kaiba and his girlfriend. What if they don’t like me though?” She set the food in front of Ryou who was sitting at the only untraditional Japanese-style object in the kitchen.
“They will don’t worry. My friends are....Wait a second! How do you know Kaiba and Isis?” He began pigging out on the food. “Hey this is good.” Tera-ura giggled.
“Kaiba is the one who introduced me to my house and gave me the idea of my second one. Plus he gave me a job.” She replied, watching him eat and picking up her own fork. “You wanna play some video games?”
“Sure!”




Well...How do you like chapter one so far? This idea has been stuck in my head ever since the first time I heard the song ‘Welcome to my Life” by Simple Plan. Please flame me if it’ll get a load off your chest, or you just plain and simply don’t like my fic.

Bethany out