Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ What Can Never be Forgotten or Forgiven ❯ First Sin ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Title: What Can Never be Forgotten or Forgiven 1/?
Author: Kleptomaniac Can Opener
Pairing: Jou x Seto
Rating: NC-17
Disclaimer: I don't own anything Yugi-Oh. It's almost as depressing as this fic.

Summary: Kaiba Seto has a good reason for hating Jounouchi Katsuya. But it's not until recent that Katsuya learns the past has a vicious bite when teaching you a lesson. "Sometimes, doing nothing at all is also a sin."

***First Sin***

"Kaiba-san, how about you show us an example by using the following words in a conversation with Jounouchi-kun?" The teacher's request is reasonable, it is an English lesson after all, and everyone knows that Kaiba Seto is already fluent in the foreign language. But the blue-eyed brunet snorts and looks away, a reaction the teacher is NOT use to from the teen, and quite pointedly states in perfect English, "I have nothing to say to such a lowly wretch."

Jounouchi Katsuya, though nowhere near able to understand enough English to fully translate the sentence, knows when he's being insulted. At least, when the other teen is involved. "Say that again in Japanese, asshole!" Golden brown eyes, framed by messy blond hair, are lit with righteous fury.
"Jounouchi-kun!" snaps the teacher. She won't have cursing in her classroom OR out right disobedience. "You BOTH have detention! Do you understand? I'm sick of how you're always fighting like children!" The blond sputters in his indignation, but the other teen only nods and waits for the class to continue. She frowns. She thought he would fight her on the detention in the least, but Kaiba always acts strangely when Jounouchi is involved, no matter how indirectly.

There's nothing to do about it, not when Kaiba refuses to open up. She continues the lesson. "Suzuki-chan, please speak with Takana-kun using the words on page 28."

~~~

Jounouchi slams his locker harder than necessary, startling a few nearby students. "God! I hate that guy! What's his fucking deal?!"
"He's just an ass, man. Don't even bother with him," suggests his best friend, Honda Hiroto, a dark-eyed teen who gels his hair in a top fin. The two have known each other since Honda moved to Domino in the middle of their second year of Junior High School. It had been Honda who had brought him back from being a shell of a human being. True, they had been delinquents all the same, but they were alive.
"He's right, just forget him and don't let him ruin our lunch," adds a more recent friend, Mazaki Anzu, a pretty brunette with a shapely figure and good size bust he likes to oogle.
"But I have detention thanks to the bastard! I wanted to hit a movie today or something!" Mazaki rolls her eyes.
"We'll see a movie this weekend. I'll even treat you. Now come on, Yugi is waiting for us."

Muto Yugi, another of Jounouchi's friends, has wide violet eyes, spiky tri-colored hair, and the personality of an angel. The boy was the one who really changed his life. When he and Honda had been nothing but bullies with no future, Yugi took them by the hand and showed them there were better things in life. To be cheesy, he showed them the light.
To sum things up, he went from gang member to bully to nice guy -- if a little rough around the edges. It is because of Yugi's profound influence on his life that he is always happy to see the petite teen (he has yet to hit five feet) and is willing to do anything for him. But the scowl still comes to his face when he sees the boy talking with Kaiba.

Kaiba, he knows, is a complete jerk to everyone. But he's noticed over time that somehow, he's softer to Yugi. This fact makes his blood boil even more for some reason. Yugi is HIS friend! The icy teen has no right to even be near him! Ice has no place in the sunshine!

Yugi smiles when he sees them, waving them over with a small hand. But that cherubic face frowns when Seto turns away. He grabs the sleeve of the taller teen's uniform and says something Jounouchi is too far away to hear. Kaiba shakes Yugi off and leaves without a word in response.

"Asshole!" Jounouchi catches up with Kaiba and swings a fist at him. Kaiba dodges without much thought, but that doesn't stop the blond from yelling his piece of mind. "It's bad enough you're an asshole to the whole world, but don't you fucking dare treat Yugi like that!" Glacier eyes level with him, staring blankly. The expression unnerves the blond, it reminds him too much of his own past.
"Did I just insult your boyfriend, deviant?"
"YOU!"

Jounouchi would have pounced him if two strong arms hadn't stopped him. "He's not worth it, Jounouchi!" shouts Honda. "You already have detention, don't get suspended again!" Mazaki also intervenes by blocking the blond's line of vision. But he can still make out Yugi walking up to the tall brunet, eyes sad and concerned. Seto looks at him for a moment with an expression he can't describe, then walks away.

He gradually calms down enough to sit and eat lunch, chewing with more force than necessary, but calm.

"Jounouchi-kun," Yugi says to get the blond's attention, "you don't have to act like that. I don't mind how Seto-kun treats me." That's another thing that bothers Jounouchi, how Yugi uses Kaiba's given name so intimately. He and Honda have known each other for years and only use given names in private. In fact, Yugi's the only person he calls anything but his family name.
"Well, I don't like it! He needs to learn some manners!" Mazaki huffs at Jounouchi's response.
"No one is going to argue with you about that, but you shouldn't go getting yourself suspended over it. One of these days they're just going to expel you, then where will you be?"
"I know, I know. He just gets under my skin," the blond grumbles. He bites into his sandwich, trying to distract himself from just how much those eyes get to him.

Eyes that always strike him as disturbingly familiar.