Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ What lies inside. . . ❯ Because You Loved Me ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

~For all those times you stood by me
For all the truth that you made me see...~

Anzu shuttered and looked around the livingroom, the power still wasn't back, and she was still alone. She had to relive what had just happened between her and Malik multiple times in order for it to sink in. She began to cry again, she didn't know why she was crying, she loved him, and she wanted him to be there with her...but she did know she was mad at him for not coming to see her as soon as it happened...she was mad because, because Isis had to talk/scream him into coming over.

"Oh my god, Malik!" Anzu screamed to the ceiling. Wild tears rolled down her cheeks, they came as rapidly as the rain that still poured outside.

Anzu sniffed and hauled on a white t-shirt, she couldn't find a bra, so she never put one on. "I...can't...b-believe I-I did that..." she stammered between sobs. She was confused, she never really hit the point that she knew that she loved him, and he meant everything to her...she was still yet to figure it out.

~For all the joy you brought to my life
For all the wrong that you made right..~

Malik walked through the ran slowly, he didn't know where he was going, he didn't really care actually. He was arguing mentally with his Yami, who was trying to get to the source of his vessels fears.

-Malik...there must be something your scared of, I can feel it...- Yami Malik said to him.

"Its nothing! Leave me alone! Just get out of my head!" Malik shouted out loud, he was getting fed up with his Yami's bickering.

-No! No, I'm not going to leave you alone!- Yami Malik shouted back. -There must be something wrong! I'm not going to go on and let you treat Anzu this way! Now tell me!-

Malik looked around, as if expecting to see someone. "Fine. I'll tell you!" he sat down on a soaking wet bench and rested his chin in his hands. "I'm afraid we might hurt her...I'm scared that this will be an exact replay of last time."

-MALIK! Dammit this IS a replay of last time!- Yami Malik yelled. -Only this time you found a girl that would do everything in her power to let you get what you want. And she even risked her life for your sister. Doesn't that say something to you?-

~For every dream you made come true
For all the love I found in you...~

Malik never answered, he just looked around the darkened street, he barely felt the chill of the rain that pounded down on him. -Well?- Yami Malik demanded. Malik heard his Yami sigh. -You really are a cold hearted sadistic bastard.-

"What are you talking about?" Malik asked.

-You know damn well what I'm talking about.- Yami Malik said. -And if you had let me out of here I would have went to see her. You are afraid that we might hurt her? Dammit Malik you're the only one that's hurting her. And she did the right fucking thing just then. You don't deserve her.-

Malik knew his Yami was right, but didn't want to admit to it. And now knowing that Yami Malik was also in love with Anzu, he wasn't about to let him get out to see her, and steal her away. 'But I can't lose what I don't have.' Malik thought.

-You keep telling yourself that.- Yami Malik said with a sigh.

~I'll be forever thankful baby
You're the one who held me up
Never let me fall
You're the one who saw me through, through it all!~

Anzu picked up the phone slowly as it rang. "Hello?"

"Anzu! Oh my god are you okay?!" Kami bellowed. "I called as soon as I heard! I'm calling on behalf of all of us here at my house!"

"Uh...and who is there?" Anzu knew the answer but asked anyway.

"Everyone! They got stuck here in the storm." Kami said. "and we..." the phone went dead.

"Heh...I guess its all gone now." Anzu sighed and put the phone back down in the hook. Lightning flashed through the sky, lighting up the livingroom.

Anzu quickly turned her head towards the window, her eyes wide, it had just hit her...she knew now....

~You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak!~

Anzu jumped up off the couch, she ignored the shooting pain going through her back and ran towards the door. "Malik..." she yelled opening the door, letting the wild wind, rain, and hail hit her. "...I'm coming..."

Anzu's eyes squinted as she ran through the rain, her shirt was soaked so much that it turned see-through, and clung to her small frame. 'Where did he go?!' Anzu wondered looking around as she ran. 'Malik...please be somewhere around here...'

Anzu slipped on the wet road and fell to her knees, pain shot through her back with the rapid movement, and blood flowed through the water around her knees. "...a-ah..." Anzu muttered taking slow breaths. Her shoulders heaved as she stumbled to her feet, she reached down and touched her knee, feeling the warmth of her blood she sighed and started to run again.

~You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me....~

She looked around frantically, the rain had started to pound down harder, and it was getting harder to see. Another bolt of lightning shot through the air, coming at a rapid speed towards the ground, but disappeared before it could hit.

Anzu blinked at the event and trembled, that was too close for comfort. She then started to walk again, getting too tired to move. "Malik...!" she called weakly, she whined and leaned on a flagpole. "Jesus Christ...where can he be?" she sighed and tilted her head back and closed her eyes, wishing she hadn't drove Malik out of the house like she did.

Her shirt clung to her, and her pointed breasts stood out from under it. Her chest heaved as she breathed, she just wanted to go home.

~Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed!!!~

Malik stumbled around in the rain, his jacket slung over his shoulder, and his shirt clinging to his muscular body. His Yami had stopped talking, knowing it was no good for him to say anything to his vessel.

Malik looked up at the sky, his eyelids fluttered as the raindrops his them, he then looked ahead of him into the darkness. He saw a small figure by a pole, he blinked and tried to zoom in on the person, trying to see who it was.

Malik's eye widened and he took a small step back. "...Anzu..." he gasped.

~I'm everything I am
Because you loved me~

Anzu turned her head quickly towards Malik at the sound of his voice. She just looked at him, stunned that he was there, she had came out planning on not finding him at all...but there he was... looking at her as surprised at she was.

'What is she doing out here?!' Malik thought unable to move.

-Isn't it obvious?- Yami Malik asked.

'Shut up.' Malik shouted in his head as she kept his eyes on Anzu's soaking body. Her blue eyes looked at him, shimmering through the rain, they looked as if they saw right inside him...as if Anzu was looking into his soul...he finally looked away.

~You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me
You said no star was out of reach~

Anzu watched his look away, she didn't know what to say to him. "...Malik..." she choked out standing up straight.

Malik looked at her quickly. "...what are you doing out here?" he asked.

"I-I came to look for you." she answered looking at him without blinking.

"Why?"

"Because...." Anzu was about to answer when a lightning bolt shot down from the sky, and struck the top of a nearby light-pole, it shivered then began to fall. Anzu looked up to it as its shadow fell over her. "AH!" she screamed.

"Anzu! Look out!" Malik yelled jumping at her, he grabbed her by the waist and shoved her to the ground, he landing on top of her, shielding her from the splinters of wood and fire.

~You stood by me and I stood tall
I had your love I had it all
I'm grateful for each day you gave me
Maybe I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was loved by you!!!!!!!~

After everything was quiet, and all the fire was put out by the rain, Malik lifted his head up to look at Anzu. "Are you okay? Dammit please tell me your okay!"

"..I'm fine..." Anzu said looking at him. "Are...are you okay?"

Malik nodded and looked at her in the eyes. "Now...what was it you were about to say...before that happened...?"

"I came to look for you because..." Anzu's bottom lip quivered. "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry, Malik! I love you..." a sob came from her lips, and her eyes squinted up allowing some tears to flow from them.

~You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me!~

Malik just looked at her, he wasn't expecting that...he was expecting anything BUT that. -Uh...- Yami Malik was also speechless.

Malik took a breath and looked away from Anzu, then he got off her and stood up. Anzu sat up and looked at him. 'He-he's going to turn me down...' Anzu thought horribly. 'Well...I deserve it.' she stood up and looked at him.

~Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me.~

"...Anzu..." Malik finally said looking at her. "I..."

"I don't blame you for walking away if that's what your planning on doing.." Anzu said cutting him off.

"Anzu..."

Anzu just looked at him, expecting him to walk away at any minute, but when he took a step towards her she nearly jumped away.

~You were always there for me
The tender wind that carried me
A light in the dark shining your love into my life
You've been my inspiration
Through the lies you were the truth
My world is a better place because of you!!!!!~

"I wasn't expecting you to come out here and look for me." Malik said in a low voice, he took another couple steps up to her, until his chest was touching hers.

"I wasn't expecting to find you..." Anzu said looking up at him.

~You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me....~

"Well...you did....." Malik said with a small sigh. "Anzu..."

"Yes?" Anzu looked at him and watched as he looked away.

Malik looked at her again with a small smile on his face. "I love you too, Anzu...and I'm sorry I wasn't there for you."

Anzu smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck, and wrapped his lips into a warm kiss.

~I'm everything I am......
Because you loved me.......~