Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Wherefore Art Thou, Puppy? ❯ Chapter II ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Lightning Sage: Hello, my wonderful friends! Kaya and I have an announcement to make. PeachyKay will be joining our team to help write this story! Please welcome our newest addition to the team!

Audience: *cheers* ^_^

Disclaimer: Lightning Sage, PeachyKay, and Kaya Kaiba do not own YGO or any of the lines from Romeo and Juliet.

LS: And remember, --…words…-- Are clips from Kaya's poem, "One Minute." If you want to read the whole thing, go onto her profile and leave a review; it's an awesome poem with a great concept. I truly recommend it!

Also, in the lines from Romeo and Juliet, each set of quotes signifies a new speaker. We can't state who is speaking every time; it would just get annoying…

--------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

Wherefore Art Thou, Puppy?

-

Chapter II

-

--One minute,

And my world changed forever…--

Seto was seated at his computer in the study, scanning through the major scenes of Romeo and Juliet on a novel database. Any onlooker would believe that Seto was completely absorbed in what he was reading. On the contrary, he found it increasingly difficult to focus on his assignment.

His puppy was currently lying on the floor, hunched slightly over a copy of Romeo and Juliet. Jou's fingers had entangled themselves in a strand of his thick, silky blond hair.

His puppy? HIS?!

I've gotta get a grip of myself! Seto thought, panicking. I must be ill…

A melodic voice lifted Seto out of his thoughts. "Hey, Kaiba! The scene where Romeo and Juliet meet might be a good one to try out," Jounouchi remarked.

"Okay," Seto agreed, seizing his copy of the novel and flipped to the corresponding page. He began to read from the book:

"If I profane with my unworthiest hand,

This holy shrine, the gentle fine is this:

My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand

To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss."

Jounouchi then continued where Seto had left off:

"Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much,

Which mannerly devotion shows in this;

For saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch,

And palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss."

Seto took Jou's hand in his own, squeezing it gently:

"Have not saints lips, and holy palmers, too?"

Jounouchi responded immediately with his sweet voice:

"Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer."

"O then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do.

They pray, grant thou, lest faith turn to despair."

"Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake."

Seto stared into Jounouchi's eyes of golden honey. "Then move not while my prayer's effect I take." He pressed his warm, supple lips on Jounouchi's smooth hand. Jou felt an electric shock course through his body upon the contact, savoring the feel of Seto's lips against his skin. "Thus from my lips, by thine, my sin is purged."

Jounouchi stared at Seto with widened eyes, hating himself for actually liking the way Seto held his hand. Jou hated himself for enjoying how Seto pushed his lips against his hand, and how he wished that they were pressed elsewhere…

Seto awaited patiently for Jounouchi to continue with is next line:

"Then have my lips the sin that they have took."

Jounouchi glanced at Seto's icy blue eyes, which he discovered had dilated. He felt his breath hitch as he was blown away by the emotion that radiated from Seto's next words:

"Sin from my lips? O trespass sweetly urged!

Give me my sin again."

Even though the kiss was in the script, nothing could have prepared Jounouchi for the shock he felt went Seto brought Jou's hand up for another kiss. The feeling electrified him, thrilled him…and the moment Seto withdrew, Jou felt himself craving for more.

"You kiss by th' book."

It was true. Seto Kaiba was a masterful hand-kisser. If he's this good at kissing hands, I can't imagine how good he would be kissing on the lips. He's like a kissing god…

"Setooooo??" Mokuba drawled, running into the study. "I'm hungry!"

Seto abruptly released Jou's hand, backing away as if the blond boy were diseased.

"Hungry? How can you be hungry?" Seto asked, looking down to his younger sibling, curious as to HOW he could be hungry AGAIN.

"I don't know... I…I just am! Come on! Help me find something to eat!"

"But... I'm busy..."

"What could you possibly want with him? What does he have that you don't?"

"Half of my grade!"

"Grades aren't important...sheesh... I got my report card today... and…y'know? You take this grade thing way too seriously..."

"You got your report card? Why don't you give it to me now? I mean, if I take my grades too seriously, I want to see what yours look like..."

"Did I say I got my report card? No…I didn't; I was lying!" Mokuba turned and left, attempting to hide his grades from his brother. Like always.

"Mokuba! Get back here now!" Seto followed, leaving the blonde looking confused. Jou followed as well, just wanting to see the look on the teenaged CEO's face.

Mokuba stood in the door way to a room, his brother's hand clutching his collar, the elder of the two Kaibas reading over a piece of paper.

"How can you fail reading?!" he shouted. "Mokuba! These grades are disappointing. Not only that, but they are disgraceful! You will bring up your grades, by the end of the semester, or I will take away your games. Do you understand me?"

"Yes, Seto...."

--------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

Lightning Sage: Well, that's it for chapter 2! We're sorry it turned out sooo short and it took soooo long to post, but we had some *cough* technical difficulties. ^^;;