Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Will You Remember Me? ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Will You Remember Me?
 
Chapter Two: You Were My Voice
 
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 
 
Yami's whirled his head around, pointing to himself as if to ask if she was calling his name. He smiled when the pretty brunette nodded a yes. Leaning over the railing of the bed, he squinted his eyes closed, trying to get a name for the girl. He sighed when he couldn't. “Um...who are you?”
 
Anzu responded by promptly fainting, her body landing on the cold tile floor.
 
Yami gasped, reeling backwards in his hospital bed. And then he inched forward, peering over the railings. His browns knitted together slightly. “Um...miss? Miss?” When she didn't move, he began to worriedly look around the room. He had no idea who he was, where he was and why he was wherever he was. It was beginning to scare him.
 
The brunette stirred slightly. Opening her eyes she sat up straight. Then her gaze fell on the hospitalized boy and a panicked expression appeared on her face. “Y-Yami,” she whispered, grasping the railings of the hospital bed. “Oh, Yami...I'm so glad you're awake.”
 
“Was I sleeping?” Yami asked, blinking in confusion. “That's so rude of me, especially now that I know I had a visitor. Please forgive me...” he scrunched up his nose, remember his earlier question. “What was your name again? You didn't answer me before.”
 
Anzu raised an eyebrow. “You...you don't know who I am?”
 
“Should I?” The tri-haired teen shook his head. “I'm sorry...I don't think I've ever seen you before.” He gasped when tears flooded the girl's big, blue eyes. “Oh god, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry!” He placed a hand over hers, rubbing her thumb softly. “I'm sorry.”
 
“It's...It's not your fault.” She replied. “My name's Anzu Mazaki, by the way. Sorry for not telling you sooner.”
 
“Anzu...” Yami repeated a few more times, liking the way the word flowed off his tongue so naturally. “That's a very beautiful name...it suites you, because I think you're a very beautiful girl.”
 
Anzu felt the color rise to her cheeks. Looking away from the other, she quickly thanked him. `He must have...oh, what's the name of that condition? Ah...amnesia. He must be suffering from amnesia, and that's why he can't remember me...and why he called me beautiful.'
 
“So, Yami...can you remember anything about yourself?” She questioned.
 
He shook his head, crimson eyes narrowing slightly. “All I remember is waking up in this strange room. I'm guessing this is a hospital. Am I right?” When receiving a nod, he asked: “What happened to me?”
 
“I...I'm not exactly sure,” Anzu said. “You were in a car accident, and apparently received some really bad injuries. You've been in a coma ever since then...” she explained, eyes saddening slightly. “And now it seems like you've even lost your memories...”
 
There was a knock on the door. It opened and a nurse stepped inside. “Miss Mazaki, there is another visitor for Mr. ...” she suddenly stopped, seeing the tri-haired boy sitting up and fully awake. “Mr. Mutou! You're awake!”
 
Suddenly, the sound of rushing feet could be heard pounding closer to the room. The door opened wider and in came three more people. Sugoruko, Yugi, and whom Anzu could only presume was Shizuka. Yugi smiled widely, running over to Yami and wrapping his arms tightly around him.
 
“Yami, you're awake! I'm so happy!” he yelled, letting a few tears escape his eyes.
 
Anzu smiled sadly at Yugi, seeing the confuse look on the boy's brother's face. “Yugi,” she whispered, trying to tell him what was going on, but the auburn haired girl spoke before she could.
 
“Oh Yami, love! I was so worried about you!” She exclaimed, sniffling.
 
Yami's crimson eyes widened. “L-love..?! Wh-who the hell are you?”