Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Newest Spirit Detective ❯ Hello Ayame ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho or Harry Potter so don't sue me. I'm just borrowing them for a little =^.^=
 
Warnings: None, this be the prologue
 
Extra Notes: I just had to get this out of my brain one day so here it is. I'm not sure where this will go, but I hope you enjoy the ride. More at end.
 
And now, onto the show…
 
~*~*~*~
 
The Newest Spirit Detective
Prologue
 
`Shit. Shit shit shit shit! SHIT!' A very angry spirit with emerald green eyes and messy black hair thinks venomously, `This isn't supposed to happen! I followed that bloody prophesy, destroyed those damn hocruxes, killed that bastard Voldemort and what happens?! I DIE! That wasn't part of the deal. That bloody damn Trelawney, she said one had to die for the other to live. Well, even when she's really prophesying she sucks arse.'
 
The angered spirit kept up this vein of thinking for a long time, never noticing the approach of a dark beauty on a boat oar. She silently watches the young spirit then pulls out a small pocket book from inside her kimono and flips through the pages. She felt sorry for the poor spirit; she had a particular interest in his life and understood his feelings of being wronged. Flipping through the pages she suddenly stops and quickly back tracks a few pages, almost ripping them out of her book. A small smile graces her dark lips.
 
She slips the pocket book back into her kimono and nudges her oar forward until she is right behind the angry spirit. She reaches forward and taps his shoulder, causing the spirit to start and spin around, cutting off his vocalized ranting about Trelawney and prophesies in general. He stops and stares at the dark haired beauty before him then takes in her kimono and the fact she is flying on an oar.
 
“Well, if I can fly a broom I guess she can fly an oar.” He mumbles to himself and the spirit on the oar smiles. “I fly on an oar to represent my duties as a transporter for spirits. I guide the newly dead to the Reikai.” She says in a confident yet cultured voice. “I have watched you since your birth and I feel for you. It is not fair; you were not scheduled to die for many more decades. However,” and here a small mischievous smile quirks her lips, “I believe I have a way to help. If you would kindly get on behind me, I shall see what I can do.”
 
The angered spirit gazes at the spirit guide first in awe, then sorrow and finally settles on a look of hope. “Please, I would do almost anything to live again. Can you truly help me?” the spirit asks as he climbs onto the oar behind her. It wasn't much different than riding tandem on a broom. The spirit guide looks at her guest and gives him a confident look. “I cannot promise you anything, for I cannot guarantee anything, however; I am certain that I can achieve something.” That said, the spirit guide turns to face forward and nudges her oar into motion.
 
Clinging to her waist, because oars were evidently much faster than any Firebolt, the now hopeful spirit asks, “What's your name? You must know mine since you've watched me but I don't know yours.” The spirit smiles and glances back. “Ayame.”
 
The emerald eyed spirit smiles and relaxes into her back for the long trip to the Reikai. “Thank you Ayame.”
 
~*~*~*~
 
My (Author's) Note:
 
This just jumped into my head the other day. I had been reading Harry Potter fanfics earlier and just finished watching YuYu Hakusho (recognize Ayame now? *grins and stuffs Botan into a closet*) when this sort of clicked. Not sure what I'm gonna be doing with this but I hope you like it.
 
R&R please…
CONSTRUCTIVE criticism will be seriously considered…
Flames will be doused and ignored…
Got a suggestion for the story? Send me an email - lynn.gryphon@gmail.com