Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Shadowed Light ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sorry bout the horribleness of the beginning of this chappie, but im no good at battle scenes

Oh, and Kagome went down the well at 14 and Kurama joined the SDs at 14, just to make the story clearer and the YYH gang is in Kyoto while Kags is in Tokyo (Kyoto’s a small city, right?)

*Youko*^Kurama^@Hiei@

Chapter 2

Naraku’s forces formed a protective circle around him, just like Kanna said they would.  Kagome knew the real Naraku was there, she could sense the rest of the jewel.  Everyone on our side was ready for any attack, because even Kanna her had trust limits with Naraku.  Finally, the first layer, from about five layers, of the circle charged to attack.  Everyone fought their way to as close to their position as possible. When the people were about halfway across the clearing, the other four layers attacked in a chaotic mess.  Everyone had to fight as hard as they possibly could to stay in their spots, it was like they were trying to be pushed out of the clearing.

What everyone in the clearing didn’t know was that there was an audience of three.  They were sitting together in the trees on the East side if the clearing.  One was unknown to all in the clearing, while the other two were known to only Kagome.

Jinenji, his mother, and Kaede were all at the Western edge (where Inu & co. started) of the battle ground, ready to help if needed.  Shiori put a blue barrier around them with help of her new necklace.  Tsani was right outside the barrier, fighting off any demon that got too near.  Tsani also went to get any of the friends she could that had fallen, but, luckily, nobody on their side was even close to their breaking point yet.

Souten and Shippo fought side by side at the Northern end of the clearing, somewhere near Sango, just biding their time.  Sango refused to use the Hiraikotsu (for once) and was, instead, using the last sword made by her village.  Miroku was somewhere in between Inuyasha and Koga.  Everyone, except Nazuna, Ginta, Hakkaku, the wolf pack, and everyone off the battlefield, seemed to be refusing to use their strongest attacks, no matter the trouble.

Just when most of the forces were gone, everyone was covered with bloody scrapes, but no serious wounds, and Naraku was contemplating fleeing, there was an earpeircing shriek from Kagome.  It wasn’t the normal shriek that they were used to, when she got hurt by random demons, this one was a word.  The word was ‘NOW!’

Sango then launched Hiraikotsu at Sesshomaru.  On its way, Kirara came up close with Shippo and Souten on her back.  Shippo shot his fox fire at the Hiraikotsu while Souten threw her lightening.  It was still a long way away.

From left to right, Kikyo (blue), Botan (sky blue), Momiji (Red), and Rin (yellow) poured as much miko energy, which was the color next to their names, into an arrow as they could.  None had used an arrow yet, so that was a lot.  They then fired the arrows at the same time, landing the same distance apart on the demon bone boomerang, or would if there had been a fifth arrow shot in the crook of it.

Koryu (that ‘dragon’ thing from the episode 68 of Inuyasha) got close enough to add his lightening to the ‘charged’ Hiraikotsu, while Totosai and Jaken added their fires.  When the hunk of demon bone finally reached Sesshomaru, he brought out his light whip and hit the Hiraikotsu in Ayame’s direction.

It reached her in a matter of seconds.  She quickly hit it with her leaf kick (made that up, I think).  This brought a whirlwind of leaves surrounding the Hiraikotsu from the front.  It was slowly gaining speed, heading towards Koga.  He then hit it with (what I call) the super kick, causing its path to head in front of Inuyasha.

Miroku got the Wind Tunnel out, making the speed increase even more.  He quickly closed it again and jumped out of the way, just in time.  The second before it passed Inuyasha, he unleashed the Wind Scar, increasing the speed to almost the maximum.  Inuyasha jumped out of the way as Kagome, who was behind him, let loose all the (pink) miko ki she could into an arrow, hitting in the crook of the Hiraikotsu.  Naraku turned in time to see it and think ‘H-How is this possible?!  Holy energy and demonic energy kill each other, they-they don’t WORK TOGETHER!

Before he could even think about getting out of the way, the combined energies were too close to avoid.  The second the aura surrounding the bone boomerang touched him, his body disintegrated.  His soul was stuck, frozen in place, until he was sent to hell.

Everyone ran to where Narakus ashes lay, feeling the pulsing of the tainted Shikon Jewel.  Kagome picked up said jewel, and it quickly purified and fused with the small amount of shards on her neck.  She whispered her wish, so softly, no demon could hear unless you where right next to her mouth.

“I wish,” she started “I wish that your souls could rest in peace.  Even if it means I have to leave everyone I love here and go back to my dull life in my time…”

Just when she trailed off and closed her eyes, a light, the color of a pure Shikon, started to bubble around Kagome (if you’ve ever played a pokémon mystery dungeon game, you know kinda what it looks like, only not yellow), making the three people watching from a distance get curious.

“KAGOME!”  Sango cried, grabbing Kagome’s wrist.  Miroku called Sango’s name, grabbing her wrist just as the light enveloped them all in a ball of Purple-pink light.

Said light ball headed towards the Bone Eaters Well, into said well, then disappeared.  There was nothing in the well at that time.

*~*~*In the Modern Era*~*~*

Kagome groaned, looking up, only to see the well house roof.  She felt something in a place where she usually hits Miroku for, so, on impulse, slapped the offending appendages owner.  A male “Huh?” was heard next her.  She jumped up in surprise, and saw Miroku and Sango on either side of where she lay.  They were both unharmed, which was weird considering that they all had deep scratches before the light enveloped them.  Miroku was waking up a tad faster than Sango, maybe because of the hit.

“W’as goin’ on Lady Ka’ome?” Miroku slurred from tiredness.

“I think we’re in my time,” her reply startled Miroku and Sango into full awakeness and a standing position.

They then climbed up the rope ladder after the only question they could think of is ‘How did we get here?’

(I wanna end here, but I love writing long chapters, so)

Kagome slid the shoji open a crack and peaked out, instantly recognizing the face she dreaded.

“I thought Kagome broke her leg?  She did that on top of having eyebrow cancer?” worry was evident in the voice of Hojo.  (Sorry, had to do something to show how stupid him & her friends are)

“Yes.  It’s quite shocking indeed.  She was only trying to help get some new ward on the Goshinboku, but she fell from the top limb, stupidly breaking her fall with one leg.”  Her grandpa was faking sadness in his usual, weird manner.

As soon as Hojo had left the property, she was behind her grandpa, in that weird anime way, and hit him upside the head.  “Since when can eyebrows get cancer, grandpa?”

“Oh, Kagome, you brought friends with you this time!”

“Oh, yeah, forgot about them when I heard I had a broken leg and eyebrow cancer…”

“Lady Kagome, who is this man?” Miroku asked as curiously as if he were in the future, which he was.

“Ah, I am Kagome’s grandpa, but you can just call me G-pa H.  I’m trying to stay ‘hip’.”  Her grandpa suddenly remembered something.  “Oh, yes, and Kagome?  Your mother has some news you might want to hear.”

“Alright ‘G-pa’,” she answered in a slight mocking tone.

She then walked in the house, took off her shoes, and found her mother in the kitchen.  Miroku and Sango decided to stay outside to talk to her grandfather about tales and folk lore they’d heard and compare to his incomplete copies.

“What’d you wanna talk ‘bout?”  Kagome asked, startling her mother.

“Sweetie, your school called last week saying that if you didn’t come by today that you would be transferred to the only other school where your attendance record is acceptable…” her voice trailed off, knowing her daughter was trying to process the information provided.

“But, mom, isn’t the only school the… one where… he went?” Kagome asked in a soft, grief filled voice.

“Yes, you’ll be staying with your Aunt in Kyoto…”
“Ca-can Sango and Miroku come too?”  Her mother looked surprised at this.

“They’re here?”

“Yes, and it’s over.”  She then refused to talk about it.

“It should be alright, just let me call my sister.”

Kagome’s mom, Maya Higurashi, then walked out off the room to call her beloved sister.  Kagome then walked outside to tell her friends the semi-good news.

“Guys, we are going to be staying with my aunt.  She’s ok to get along with as long as you don’t piss her off when she looks like she drank too much sake, a.k.a. an alcoholic drink as it’s called here,”  Kagome then explained all these funny stories about people who pissed off a drunk Atsuko that had caused tons of inside jokes between her and her cousin.

“Kagome, you speak so fondly of your cousin, yet you tell no stories about him.  Why don’t you want to tell us anything about him?” Sango had the guts to ask.

“He-he died.  In my book, he shouldn’t have died.  He got hit with a car in place of a little kid.  The kids at his school were happy he was gone, they think all he has to him are his fists, but he’s nice, and destined for great things.  I miss him more than even his mother, because I saw something at his funeral that I probably shouldn’t have.  This all happened a few months ago, when I started the quest for the Shikon.”  She abruptly stopped talking and walked inside to pack her, Sango, and Miroku’s bags, since her mother was going to show them how to use everything.

“Kagome!”  Maya yelled up the stairs after Sango and Miroku changed into new clothes to try and fit in.  “Sango, Miroku, and I are going shopping for clothes and stuff, seeya when we get back!”  Then they were gone.


It was a few hours before they got back.  In that time, Kagome was able to pack her back, some of Miroku & Sango’s bags, clean the inside of the house, and almost finish making dinner before it was time for them to board the last train to Kyoto (idk how long the trains run, but imma say that they stop about 10 pm), which would take about an hour and a half on the train (wild guess on my part).

When they got back, Sango and Miroku were acting like they’d lived there all their life, which is a miracle on their part.  Miroku was unconscious, having learned numerous times not to grope or ask modern women to bear his children.  Especially if they have a boyfriend.  Sango was on the other end of the spectrum.  She had been hit on so much, she felt awkward even about the way she walked.

“Guys, foods almost ready, so you should have enough time to pack before we eat and leave,” Kagome said, not turning away from the steak she was cooking.

About an hour later, they left, just in time to catch the last train to Kyoto (I’ve never been on a train before, so I’m just guessing).  After an hour and a half of boring train travel, considering they all forgot something to do and none of them wanted to sleep the time away, they finally made it too their stop.

“Hey, watch this,” Kagome whispered.  “OH MY GOD!  IT’S YUSUKE URIMESHI!  AND HE’S IN A PISSED OFF MOOD!” she screamed to be heard in every corner of the building.

Instantly, the building, except for a woman, a girl about Kagome’s age, people who had never been there before, and them.

“That works all the time on people who don’t know the real Yusuke, though I do hate to abuse my cousins power like that, even when he was alive,” Kagome explained to them.

They then walked up to the woman, who was standing next to the girl.  The two looked like they could be sisters.  The woman was smoking a cigarette and smirking, while the girl was looking around curiously.

“Considering I’ve seen you here before, and the fact that you two didn’t run, I’d say you’re here to pick us up,” Kagome summarized.

“Yeah.  Atsuko said you’d use something like that to help us find you,” the woman stated calmly.  “I’m Shizuru, by the way.  This is Keiko.”

Kagome slung her arm around Keiko’s shoulder, startling the girl.  “I thought I recognized you!”  Kagome said happily.

“Kagome?  Atsuko didn’t tell me who we were gonna pick up, but she said I hadn’t seen her since the funeral…”  She gasped then.  “Did Atsuko tell you the great news?!”  she asked excitedly, before Shizuru clamped her hand over Keiko’s mouth.

“Atsuko didn’t tell you who we were picking up because she wanted to surprise Kagome with that news first hand.  I think once she sees you-know-who, it’ll be a funny sight, so don’t tell him ‘bout Kagome being here either,” Shizuru whispered next to Keiko’s ear.

They all then piled into the large van and drove to Atsuko’s apartment.  They found the door unlocked and Atsuko passed out of the couch.  Kagome then put a thin blanket over her and took her Feudal Era friend’s bags to their rooms.  She knew which room used to be Yusuke’s, so she avoided that room like the plague (I really don’t care about the fact that they moved, I just wanted her to not know the Yusuke’s alive yet).  After that, everyone settled in for bed.  Sango and Miroku were too old to go to school, so they were going to secretly patrol the city during school hours.

*~*~* Spirit World, Later (around early morning, before they woke up) *~*~*

“What is it toddler?!”  Yusuke half-screamed, barging into the Prince of Reikai’s office.

“There’s been some trouble in Makai…” Koenma trailed off for a second, everyone knew that this was really important if he didn’t deny being a toddler, especially after he decided to only use his toddler form if the situation needed it.  Not even Yusuke dared interrupt.  “Now, there’s a second Dark Tournament, and the Protectessess of Fate will be there.  There has only been one set in history, chosen by the Fates themselves, and they all died centuries ago.  We have only one clue who they could be, because they never run it by us, or tell us.  All but one look about your age, and they’re all female.   We need you to find out who they are.  We are not even entirely certain that they will know who they are.  Oh, and you are required to participate again.  Here’s the hint that the Fates gave me.”  He handed them each a slip of paper saying the same thing.

‘To Koenmas’ Spirit Detectives: There are five in each set, but only one set currently exists.  You may have to search high and low for them, if you can’t figure this out.  And no, Yusuke, it’s not a riddle, just a very confusing clue.  You know four of them.  One of them has gone through so much more than the one who knew them since they were babies could have imagined from them.  Two of them know each other from when they were kids.  Three know each other from you four.  Two know each other from something you’ve never even seen.  Three are from other worlds, while one travels between them.  They all hate to be called anything other than their name, even if they don’t show it, and they all have power that not even they know about.  Hopefully that clears up some things.  Try to find them fast.  ~Fate of Love, Fate of Caring, Fate of Aggression, Fate of Happiness, and Fate of Battle.’ (I totally just made that up while trying to find words to fit their personalities.)  Right when they were all finished reading them, portals opened up under them, sending them to their homes.

“Yusuke…” Atsuko said, trying to get over her hangover and eat a delicious traditional American breakfast Kagome made before she woke up.  Kagome, Sango, and Miroku had left the house just minutes before.  “If you attend all your classes, which I’ll know if you will, or not, I’ve got the best surprise to give you…”

Hmm…  Her surprises are usually good, unless she’s being sarcastic.  No, she’s not sarcastic this time.  Alright, I’ll do it.  Yusuke thought.  “Fine, whatever.”  Inside, he was cheering.

*~*~*Kags, same time*~*~*

Suddenly, all three stopped, feeling a sudden chill in the air.  Kagome decided to ignore it, while Sango and Miroku followed suit.

“Whatever it is, it’s not bothering anybody,” Kagome pointed out.

When Kagome finally got to the schoolyard, she shooed Miroku and Sango away before they made a mess of things, either from hormonal teenage boys, or cute high school girls.  She suddenly got the idea of being watched and quickly turned her head towards a nearby tree, which also happened to conceal a slightly familiar presence.  Said presence was concealed, which, without her enhanced miko powers and its unmistakable demonic energy, she wouldn’t have been able to detect.

She also felt a demonic presence she’d felt recently somewhere to her left, but it was distorted some, so she couldn’t tell who it was, but she had a feeling she promised this person something.  She looked there, only to be faced with a 14-ish red head with emerald eyes, a pink school uniform, and was leaning against the tree.  She quickly checked all the faces in her memory, only to come across one that was anywhere close to it, and still a boy.  The only problem was, this boy wasn’t Shippo.

She quickly walked up to him, the only girl who she’d seen do so.  She was used to demons hotter than him in the Feudal Era, so she wasn’t ‘drawn in’ by his looks.  “Excuse me,” I said, tapping his shoulder.  If he were a demon I knew, he would react differently.  He turned to look at her, his eyes having specks of gold in them.  “Why is it you look so familiar to me?”

*~*~*Minutes Earlier*~*~*

*Red…*  Youko thought, uncertainly, in the back of Kurama’s mind.

^Yes Youko, what’s up?^

The fox had been unnaturally quiet since about a minute ago.  Usually, he would be thinking randomly perverted things until school started, but a minute ago, when an unfamiliar presence walked into the schoolyard, Youko turned silent, seeming to be trying to remember something.  The thing that caught Kurama off guard was how close her aura was to Yusuke’s.

*Red… I think I… I think I know her.*  He had wonder in his voice, but also excitement.

^Youko, how is tha-^

@Fox@  Hiei interrupted.

^Yes Hiei?^

@She sensed me@

Kurama found this strange.  The only ones who could sense him when he concealed his aura (that he knows of) are him, Yusuke, and now this girl.

^Youko, where do you know her from?^  Kurama asked suddenly.

*From… the Feudal Era, about five hundred years ago.*

^How did you know her?^

*That’s the thing. Kuronue and I knew her f-*  Youko was cut short by a finger tapping his shoulder and a voice saying ‘Excuse me’.

He turned toward the voice, feeling the presence of the girl who somehow knew Youko.  “Why is it you look so familiar to me?”

She had black hair with a blue ting, wore a uniform for another school, had sapphire eyes, and was tanned, almost as if she spent all of her time traveling forested paths.  If she were of his fan club, she would have at least had a haze about her eyes, but she didn’t even bat an eye at his appearance.  ‘Maybe Youko really does know her…’  “I honestly have no idea miss.  Maybe my appearance rings a bell because of my fan girls, who have somehow spread further out of Kyoto than I’ve ever been,” muttering the last part, he thought ‘not counting Makai’.

“No, I don’t think that’s it.  Oh well, can you show me the way to the office then?”  She asked, cheering up.

“Certainly, Miss…”  He suddenly realized that neither knew the other’s name.

“Kagome.  Kagome Higurashi.”  She replied, realizing also.

“Well Ms. Higurashi, I am Shuuichi Minamino.”

“Well Shuuichi, if you would please call me Kagome, we would be on good terms.”  She was still cheerful, even through the threat.

“Certainly Kagome, now, if you’ll follow me, I’ll show you to the main office.”

As they walked, he seemed to be lost in his own little world, trusting muscle memory and instinct, but to people who know the real him he’s talking to Youko.

*R-red…  I-I do… I do know her*

^Once again Youko, please tell me how.  And why are you so nervous^

Youko then explains a story that I’m saving for later, but all will be revealed in time.

When Kurama got out of his talk with Youko, he realized he had just stepped in front of the office door, so he decided to open it for her.  She returned the gesture with a quick bow, then went inside.  Kurama then decided to find Kuwabara before Youko decided to either stop thinking about the girl, or start thinking about her in another way.

*~*~*back with Kagome*~*~*  (Sorry bout all the time/place changes)

“Kagome Higurashi,” she told the secretary, who had asked her name.  She was just your average office secretary, only slutty, and wearing way too much make-up, and chewing cinnamon gum.

“Here’s your schedule,” she said, taking a quick glance at the name.  “Your uniform should be in by tomorrow, but we really don’t care anymore.”

She said her thanks to the slutty secretary, and left to find her first class, Japanese History. (I’m going by what I had when I was 14, only, not smart in math, and Japanese History instead of US history).  She had somehow managed to pass her Pre-Algebra class last year, but just barely, and that was before the well (idc if it doesn’t fit with Japanese History, I wanted to get it out there before I forgot).  Class started, she introduced herself, she chose to sit next to an empty seat, but didn’t know whose seat it was.  

Kurama sat in the seat behind her, which both were happy about.  Kurama just hoped that when Yusuke was in school, he didn’t harass the innocent girl.  Kagome nearly laughed out loud when she learned that they were learning the myth of the Shikon no Tama.  She was starting to get bored with all the incorrect information when the door was suddenly knocked down.

*~*~* a minute earlier *~*~*

She said I had to be there, she didn’t say I had to be on time.  Yusuke thought madly.  He then decided to take his frustration out on the door to his classroom.

When he saw who was sitting in the seat next to his, he froze, imitating a dear in headlights.

*~*~* Back with Kags *~*~*

In walked an angry boy with gelled back hair in a green uniform.  He suddenly went scared and wide-eyed.  It all suddenly clicked.

Tears started to well up in her eyes, and she ran at Yusuke, looking like she was about to hug him, when she stopped on a dime and swung her right fist, successfully hitting his cheek.  He then went flying into the wall to his right.

“DUDE!  I THINK YOUR DEAD FOR ALMOST A YEAR AND YOU CHOOSE TO NOT FUCKING TELL ME YOU WERE OK! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU YUSUKE!”  Kagome screamed as loud as she could, which is really loud.

Everyone was in shock that the new girl just hit Yusuke Urameshi, hit him into a wall, and then started yelling at him.  And she was still standing.  The weirdest part was, Yusuke was afraid of the new girl.  They weren’t even paying attention to the words coming out of her mouth.

Kurama then walked over to Yusuke and helped him stand.  “Alright Yusuke, you have a lot of explaining to do!”  Kagome was furious, but the teacher chose that time to interrupt.  (I’m using actual names from my school, but they might not teach the subject that I put.)

“If you two are going to fight,” Mr. Savel started, “please take it outside.”

“Shuuichi, can you help the idiot outside, I sure as hell ain’t gonna do it, unless there’s a good reason for it.”  Kurama nodded, surprised at her anger toward Yusuke, and wondering how those two know each other.

Those three did walk outside, and underneath the tree Hiei was in.

“If you really wanna spy,” Kagome called into the trees branches “Then you might as well come down.  I know these two know you’re there.”  After a little bit, a muttered ‘whatever’ came from her.

“Kagome?” Yusuke finally got the guts to speak.  “What exactly are you doing here?”

“Why don’t you first tell me how you’re here when I saw the grim reaper with your soul?” Kagome asked blandly.  She was over her anger, but she didn’t know what to feel now.

The other two were very shocked at that.  “You’d think me nuts if I told you…” He finally answered, not sure how she would take it.

She started to giggle a little.  “If it has anything to do with however Shuuichi is familiar to me, then I think I can handle it.”

“You know her?” Yusuke was slightly shocked, but there was a hint of anger in his voice.  He didn’t like people touching Kagome without his permission.

“Me and her met today.  Someone we know and her, we’re not so sure about,” Kurama replied.  “But, how is it that you two know each other?”

When Yusuke and Kagome were about to open their mouths, they heard a male and female voice shout ‘Kagome!’ simultaneously.  Kagome looked over her shoulder.

“Sango!  Miroku!  What are you guys doing here?”  Kagome looked genuinely confused.

“Sensed… something… not here… demons…”  Miroku said.  They were panting badly.

“Ran… across… city… much worse than… Inuyasha all day…”  Sango said, slightly explaining why they were panting.

“So, let me get this straight.  You guys sensed demons here, which I said that I never did.  Then you ran across the city, which is much worse than if Inuyasha had you running all day?” Kagome asked, totally forgetting about the other people there.

“Kagome?  Who are they?” Sango asked when they finally got their breath back.

“Oh right.  I was just about to expla-” Kagome was cut off again when they heard ‘Hey Urameshi!’ coming from the school doorway.

They all turned to see Keiko and a tall, orange-haired kid in a blue uniform running towards them.  “Hey Keiko!  Hey Kuwabara!”

“Hey Kagome!”  Keiko replied.

“Oh!  Kags is back!” Kuwabara said stupidly, and somehow right.  (I really didn’t want to explain again)

“So, as I was saying.  I know Yusuke because he’s by brother-cousin.”  When she saw everyones confused looks, she continued.  “No one’s ever came up with a good name for when two sisters have children with the same guy.  My mother is his aunt, and we share the same father, so, basically, we have a messed up family tree.”

“Now Yusuke, your spirit saw me at your funeral, right?”  He nodded.  “Did you ever wonder why I didn’t cry for you?”

He looked thoughtful for a moment.  “Damn, you’re cold-hearted Kagome, not crying at your younger brother-cousin’s funeral.”

Kagome knew he was joking, but she wasn’t in the mood for jokes right now.  “Weren’t you freaking out a little inside when I wouldn’t stop staring at you all night?  I didn’t cry for you until about a month of no attempts to contact us.  When I felt your physical aura in the coffin, I decided then and there that I would not cry unless I was sure you were dead.  I’ve had to deal with almost deaths too many times to be sad about yours unless I was sure you were dead.”

Yusuke never pictured he would hear such serious words from his sister-cousin.  “K-” but she cut him off.

“I don’t care how protective of me you are Yusuke.  I know you were doing something dangerous, but you wanna know what I was doing?  How I met these two?  I was pulled down that old well on our family shrine and came out in Feudal Japan.  There are demons there, they are just as common as people there.  You can’t protect me from everything Yusuke.  And I can handle my own against almost any demon, provided I have a weapon.”

Yusuke look as shocked that his baby cousin (even though she’s two minutes older) could go through so much and still retain her innocent personality.  He suddenly remembered something.  “K- Shuuichi, what did that, um, letter say again?”

“Well, it sai-… oh, now I see what you’re getting at.” Kurama replied, taking a quick glance at Sango, then at Kagome, then back to Yusuke.  “You really think those are two of them?”

“Yeah, Kags has been though more than I’ve ever imagined her able to go through, Sano, or whatever her name is, comes from the Feudal Era, which is, in a sense, another world, where Kags travels.  If I’m right, Kurama, then all we need to find are the other three that know each other through us.”

“That actually sounds like something that I would say Yusuke,” Kurama praised.  “But th-“

“You guys do know that we’re still here, right?”  The sarcastic remark came from Kagome.

“Oh, sorry Kagome,” Kurama replied, earning a glare from Yusuke.  Kurama pointedly ignored the glare, deciding to ask later.

“Back on subject then.  Yusuke, why did you decide not to contact us?”  Kagome’s face may have been blank, but her eyes gave away the sadness she was feeling.

“Well, truth is, I got mixed up in some pretty messed us things, and I didn’t want to involve my family,” Yusuke replied honestly.  “Now why is it that you went to the Feudal Era?”

“I kinda broke something.  Something that caused havoc that I didn’t even know I possessed,”  Kagome said, looking at the ground.

“Kags, how many times do we gotta tell ya?  It ain’t your fault that the jewel broke,” Sango said, pulling Kagome into a hug.  Miroku was about to too, when Sango hit him over the head, seeing his true intentions.  Kagome giggled a little at that.

“Alright Yusuke, now what’s this stuff you got messed up in, and does it have anything to do with demons?  Cuz I wanna know why Shuuichi seems so familiar.”

“You wanna do what we did that one time when my mom convinced your mom to get drunk, and we ended up inviting all of our friends over and played truth or dare?” Yusuke asked.

“GROSS YUSUKE!  THAT’S JUST WRONG!”  Kagome had a look of horror on her face.

“Man Kags, I was talking ‘bout swapping stories, not THAT.”

“Oh, right, the OTHER time that happened…”

“Well Kags, truth is, I really did die, it’s just that I was offered an opportunity to come back to life.  The only thing I really had to do was work a job as something called a Spirit Detective.  I said yes, ready to contact you guys as soon as I was back, but I got messed up in the demon business, so I didn’t want you guys to get hurt,” Yusuke said, basically summarizing his whole job.

“Well, I might as well give you a summery too.  A centipede demon pulled me down the well on our 14th birthday.  I ended up in Feudal Japan, where people thought that I was the reincarnation of a miko who died 50 years prior.  Later that night, the demon came back, screaming something about a jewel.  I ran into the nearby forest where the well was located, which was call the Forest of Inuyasha.  I ran into the clearing of the Goshinboku, and saw that the dog-eared boy, who was pinned to the tree by an arrow, was somehow awake.  We got into a fight about who I was, forgetting about Mistress Centipe-”

“This sound kinda like the tale about that one jewel we’re learning about in class, only all the genders are mixed up in this one.” Kuwabara said, interrupting Kagome.

“There is one problem with that theory, Kuwabara.  Book’s got all the genders wrong.  How, I don’t know.  Anyway, to cut that part of a long story short, she bit my left hip, a small pink jewel flew out of the wound, I released the inu hanyou Inuyasha from the tree, I got the jewel back from the demon, the elderly priestess place a subjection spell on said inu hanyou, and I’m gonna get to why I kept going back.  I was planning on trying to get back to this time period the same way I got to that one.

“I was walking down the path to the well, when I got abducted by bandits.  Said bandits took me to their ‘boss’ who was really a demon crow in their dead boss’s corpse.  The crow ate the jewel, and grabbed a little boy by the back of his shirt.  Inuyasha killed the crow with a swipe of his claws, and the boy landed in the river.  I got the boy out of the river as the crow’s flesh was melting back together.  I got a bow and an arrow, tied the foot of the crow that was still attached to the boy to the arrow, and shot said arrow.  The crow was purified, but I hit the jewel dead center, which caused it to shatter into who knows how many pieces.  We later met a orphaned kitsune kit named Shippo, the perverted monk here, who’s named Miroku, a fire neko, who’s companion to the tajiya (sp?) Sango, here.  The last part of the story is correct, for some odd reason, so I would suggest paying attention in class tomorrow.”  She ended up laughing a little at the end.  “Now Shuuichi, care to tell me who you and Yusuke were talking ‘bout when you said that he may know me?” she asked, smile still in place.

~~~~~~~~*&^&*~~~~~~~~~

You all get a cupcake for the wait

If you can guess who the three remaining Protectressess of Fate are, which Fate they protect all (five), and who the mysterious third watcher of the battle is, I give you a cookie

Hint: Refer to the clues the Fates gave, and the mini-clues in this chapter, but they may be well hidden

Oh, and you gotta guess before I post the next chapter… maybe the chapter after.  Idk  I’m also explaining the story that Youko told Shuuichi earlier in the chapter

I also wanna get this to the main plot asap, so sorry if this chapter’s crap
Converting /tmp/phpdoYQRx to /dev/stdout