Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Intertwined Permanently ❯ Chapter 21

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A.N.: Miroku got married to a villager. (Chapter nine, I THINK)

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho Or InuYasha.

-Intertwined Permanently; 21-


Ever since the day that Kagome got the letter from Sango, She and Kirara had been visiting her grave every day. It was located on the side of a road. Most people never came here. And those who did usually only did so if it was neccessary for their work or something. Kagome had been walking this road for year, because, it was convenient for her to get home easily.

And, so, here Kagome and Kirara, visiting Sango, as always. As they made their way to the stone, Kagome vaguely wondered what she'd do afterwards. She didn't feel like going home. She was hungry, but didn't want her mother to take the time to make her something. Kagome could cook herself, quite well, actually, but, her mother was the type of person who fussed over people and insisted on doing things like that for them. So, Kagome thought that she'd go to a cafe or something to eat. But, Kagome didn't like eating alone, either. She was a very sociable person, and, loved being in the company of other people, as long as they weren't staight out rude to her.

Normally, Kagome would invite Yukina out, but, She was probably out wth Kurama. They'd gotten together at the amusement park. Kagome was very happy for them.
She could invite Yusuke, but, he was probably with Keiko. They always spent a lot of time together. Maybe Kuwabara? No. He was depressed. Yukina and Kurama getting together really got to him. But, Kagome knew he'd be alright soon enough. He'd find some other pretty girl and forget all about his 'Unrequited Love' for Yukina. But, Kagome wasn't in the mood to hang out with a depressed guy. Botan'd be working, as would Koenma. Shizuru? Probably working or threatening Kuwabara. Genkai? Probably training, and, if not, she'd say no to Kagome's offer. Genkai didn't seem to like leaving the shrine. One of her old school 'friends'? No. No way. Kagome would not ask any of them. They bugged the heck out of her. Kirara, of course, would go home after their visit, and ,Kagome's mother, as mentioned earlier was always very busy. Kagome was out of options.

There had to be someone!

"Is this one of your past friends graves?"

Kagome suddenly whirled around to see Hiei standing behind her. 'That's it! I'll ask Hiei! He's perfect. Exactly who I want to hang out with!'

"Ah! Yes, it is... Sango was always so kind to me." Kagome replied.

"I see. Who is that?" Hiei asked, indicating Kirara.

"Oh! This is Kirara, She's from the past, too. She's a demon cat." Kagome explained.

"...I see." Hiei said.

"Hiei! Would you like to go get something to eat?" Kagome suddenly asked.

'Huh? Why is she asking me? Can't she go by herself or ask Yukina? Oh, wait. Yukina's with Kurama. He said earlier that he asked her out to eat. He said that he asked her to eat because he wanted to go on a date with her. What else did he mention...? Oh, yeah. That when someone asks you out to eat or something, it means they like you-...No way. Kagome would never like me, no matter how much I like her- No! I don't! Right?! I-I don't like her, and she doesn't like me! We're just friends. Friends? Were they really friends? Were they less than that? Or, perhaps, more?' Were Hiei's thoughts on Kagome's little request.

"Uh... Hiei? Will you come?" Kagome asked again.

"...Yes." Hiei, finally, replied.

"Really? Great! I'm so happy! Well then, Kirara, Are you going to go home? If, so, I shouldn't be long. We're just going to eat something." Kagome replied.

"Mow." Kirara confirmed and began the short trek home.

"Alright! Hiei, Let's go!" Kagome said happily, suddenly grabbing Hiei's hand, surprising Hiei.

When they made it to a cafe they both agreed on, Kagome finally noticed that she was holding Hiei's hand. And, that she had been the entire time. But, it felt so natural that she didn't notice. the hands fit together perfectly. But, even so, Kagome quickly let go of his hand. "Let's go."

After getting inside, getting seated, and ordering their food, there was an awkward silence.

'Maybe I should have said no.' Were Hiei's thoughts.

Surprisingly, It was neither Hiei nor Kagome who broke the silence. It was Yusuke and Keiko.

"Kagome?! Hiei??!! Woah!" Yusuke said as he and Keiko walked towards them.

"Hey Kagome, Hiei. It's nice to see you. But, this is quite unexpected." Keiko greeted them both.

"Really Unexpected! I mean, I never thought Hiei'd get a girlfriend, and especially not someone as nice as you, Kagome!" Yusuke said.

"Eh...? Eh? EH?! Um, w-we're not t-together-" Kagome was saying before Keiko intterupted.

"Stop, Yusuke! You're embarassing them. I don't think they want the entire restaurant to know about their being together!" Keiko scolded Yusuke. "But, even so, congratulations, you two! I hope your relationship lasts!"

"N-no, I mean, we're just, frien-" Kagome was, once again, interupted.

"She is your girlfriend, right?" Yusuke started talking to Hiei.

"Hn."

"I'm right, right?"

"Be quiet."

"Right?"

"Silence."

"right?!"

"Shut up, detective."

"Right."

"I'm warning you."

"She is your girlfriend! Isn't she?! She is!!"

"That's right, she is!" Hiei suddenly said, getting up, grabbing Kagome's hand and pulling her out of the restaurant, only, this time, they were both perfectly aware of their hands being intertwined, just like their souls were. And, this time, neither let go.

-TO BE CONTINUED-

FINALLY! SOME PROGESS! I'M TRULY OVERJOYED! PLEASE, REVIEW! I'D LIKE TO THANK Gcdv FOR REVIEWING EVERY CHAPTER LATELY. PLEASE, CONTINUE REVIEWING. AND, PLEASE, SOME OTHER PEOPLE SHOULD TOO! FLAMES ARE, AS ALWAYS, WELCOMED. SEEYA,
AlwaysHiei