Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Moving On But Still Moving ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Mehi: Ok, so here is the first part of my edit of Moving On But Still Moving. Hope you enjoy it.
Disclaimer: Sorry to say I own not Yu Yu Hakusho or Inu Yasha. I do own at least one of the OCs, though.
=============================================================== =Chapter 1
A shrill noise filled a dim room. Yusuke, on the brink of destruction, began throwing pillows at the source of the noise: an alarm clock on the other side of the room.

"I hate that damn clock! What the hell is wrong with the stupid thing?" his voice carried down the hall. Yusuke grumbled and moaned as he climbed from his bed. He gathered his cleaned uniform and headed for the chilly bathroom. Fifteen minutes later, Yusuke stood in front of the sink, rinsing his mouth. As he ran a brush through his sleek black hair, he noticed the clock on the wall read 7:30. Slowly he wondered if he could get away with skipping school today.

That was when he remembered that Koenma was forcing Kurama and Hiei into his class. That means that if he did not show up today, Kurama would come looking for him. A sweetly smiling, but very upset Kurama was not something Yusuke felt like dealing with. Quickly he walked to the front door, slipped on his shoes, and started towards Kurama’s.

He walked down the road on his way to Kurama's house where Hiei was boarding. Half way there, he glanced off to the side and saw Mr. Yukimora, Keiko's dad, outside his shop sweeping. Mr. Yukimora caught a glimpse of Yusuke as he looked up and smiled. Yusuke tried to smile, but couldn't get his mouth to work. Yusuke turned on his heels and ran as hard as he could. Before he knew it, he was standing in front of Kurama's house. He ambled up the steps and rang the bell. Two seconds and he heard footsteps through the door. The door cracked and Mrs. Minamino gasped.

"Come in Yusuke. Suichi is up in his room and his friend Hiei is in the shower. You can go on up," Mrs. Minamino replied, smiling. Yusuke, sullen faced, slipped in and pull off his shoes. He rushed up the stairs and walked right through the door without even knocking.
"Yusuke?!" Kurama stammered. Kurama stood in front of a full length mirror with his shirt half way on. As he finished pulling on the shirt, Yusuke walked slowly to the bed and sat down. Kurama followed suit.

"Yusuke, what is wrong?" Kurama asked. He had only seen Yusuke like this twice and had hoped to never see it again. Kurama was almost positive he already knew the problem.


"I was just wondering, did Kuwabara feel this rotten after…you know…with Yukina and all?" Yusuke inquired. A tear rolled down his cheek.

"I'm afraid only partly. Yukina is still alive, just lives far, far away. Keiko is gone for good," Kurama replied blandly, not really wanting to answer his question.

"Let's go," a voice said threateningly from the doorway. Kurama and Yusuke quickly looked toward the newcomer. It turned out to be Hiei in a school uniform carrying his sword and onyx cloak. He had his headband securely in place. He turned away and rushed from the room.

"I guess we had better go," Kurama thought aloud pulling on his school jacket. As they walked down the stairs, they heard Hiei yelling from the kitchen.

"Baka, what are you doing here?" Hiei shouted as Yusuke and Kurama appeared in the doorway. Sitting at the table was one of the biggest idiots ever known: Kuwabara.

"When did you get here, Kuwabara?" Kurama asked curiously. Kuwabara grinned and turned to Kurama and Yusuke.

"It doesn't matter when I got here because we got to leave now. We are way late," Kuwabara said as he motioned to the clock on the wall. It now read 7:50.

"As if I’m worried about being on time. Maybe I will just skip today,” Yusuke muttered as he walked to the door; the others following him. They grabbed their bags, slipped on their shoes, and were out the door.


Yusuke stopped walking and looked up at the building in front of him. The other three stopped next to him. Yusuke looked at his watch and saw they were in fact going to be late. By the time they reached their class, it was already five minutes past the bell. They slipped into the room and quickly took empty seats in the back of the room.

"Glad you could join us boys. You are all late. I want to 3 page essay on why you should be on time due tomorrow," their teacher, Miss Akuma, said menacingly. She stood up from behind her desk. "We were about to start our Algebra I lesson. Please, everyone, get out your books and turn to page 247, NOW!!!!" she finished. The students, with fearful looks, obeyed immediately. Just as Miss Akuma started to write an equation on the board, the door once again opened. In walked five people: four girls and a boy. One of the girls, a blonde with lilac and jade streaks eyes, handed the teacher a note. They teacher glanced through it.

"Ok, class, we have some new students. We have Mehi Tora," indicating the blonde, "Rika Ketera," a girl with brown hair and brown eyes, "Kitta Kenyara," a girl bearing black hair with silver and gold streaks and crystal blue eyes, "Inuyashu," the last girl had white blond hair with gold streaks and soft green eyes, "and Inuyasha," the guy with silver hair in a red uniform. She continued with," Ok, Mehi, sit behind Yusuke. Rika, sit behind Kuwabara. Yashu, sit behind Suichi. Kitta, sit behind Hiei. Yasha, sit on the last row behind Sakyo. Now move!" The students swiftly went to their new seats. "Now, back to our lesson." As she began class, Kuwabara leaned back to talk to Rika.

"So, you are Rika?" he whispered to her when she leaned close enough to hear. She beamed at his question.

"That I am, but please, call me Baby," She told him, grinning as big as she could. He looked at her and smiled back.

"I’m sure I can remember that," Kuwabara whispered, smiling even bigger. As Kuwabara and Baby had their conversation, Kurama and the female Inu had one of their own.

"Why do you and that guy have the same name?" Kurama questioned her. She started chuckled as she explained.

"Well, he is my brother. Our sadistic parents named us with very similar names. You can just call me InYa," she giggled out. Her answer managed to make Kurama snicker.

"If you don't mind; Suichi, Kuwabara, Rika, and Yashu, we are having class! Please join us!" Ms. Akuma began to shout. InYa stood up.

"Well, if you would call us by our right names, you might not have a problem. I am InYa and this is Baby!" InYa yelled at the teacher.

"Miss Yashu, back in your seat, now!" the teacher screamed back. She didn't like defiant students and this is most defiantly a defiant student.

"No, I don't think I will. I will not be commanded to do anything," InYa loudly alleged. She stood her ground and refused to obey. Frustrated, Ms. Akuma went to say something, but was interrupted.

"InYa, don't make me do it. You know what will happen. We are supposed to be behaving, not drawing attention to ourselves," someone said. InYa turned knowing immediately who it was. InYa smirked at Kitta; the person who she knew had said that.

"You wouldn't dare, Kit," InYa said as she turned her back on Kitta. Kitta just shook her head as she looked at the delinquent.

"Yes, I will and you know it," Kitta finally said. InYa knew Kitta would, but it was just something she would have to face because this teacher had insulted her and she hated to be insulted.

"Fine, then, SI . . ." Kitta began to say as she was then interrupted as the male Inu stood up and began to shout.

"Are you crazy? Stop! You know what will happen. Do something to punish her and not me, as well. I have behaved for a change," he shrieked at Kitta.

"Sorry, Inu. SIT!!!" Kitta bellowed as loud as she could. Terror crossed both InYa’s and Inuyasha’s faces as the necklaces around their necks began to glow. A second later, they were both pulled to the floor with a horrifying crash. The silent Mehi, who thus far hadn't said anything, somehow managed to be at Inuyasha's side within seconds of his fall even though they were on opposite sides of the room. Yusuke had turned around and saw she was gone. He wondered about where she had gone. Then, she saw her next to Inu. He, Baby, and Kuwabara got up and went over to the others. Now, they were all in a cluster: Kitta, Baby, Mehi, Yusuke, Kuwabara, Hiei, Kurama, InYa, and Inuyahsa. InYa and Inuyasha sat up. Then, Kurama spoke.

"Sit?" he wondered. He asked just a simple question with a complicated answer. As the words left his lips, InYa was pulled to the floor again. Now the new students really were shocked. Kurama was just able to stumble out an apology.

"No worries," Kitta said confused, "but only I can command them. How is it when you say it, you can those results from her?"

"Hey, better question: Why did it NOT affect me?" Inu asked. He was still sitting up while InYa had gone face first into floor

"GET OUT, NOW!" he teacher shouted at the new form group. She was furious. The group looked stunned at the teacher. "GO!" she finished, pointing at the door. Whining and muttering they filed out.

"Just great, I'm in trouble. I have never been in trouble," Baby complained. She was the last to exit. She slammed the door and joined the others.

"So…" Kuwabara started, "Those aren't ordinary necklaces, are they?" InYa and Inuyasha started to fidget. They appeared to not want to answer. Kitta stepped forward once more with the answer.

"No, Kuwabara, they aren't. So far there have only been two people to be able to command them through those prayer beads: myself and Inuyasha's girlfriend, Kagome. She lives back where we are from. What makes you so special that your word can make InYa sit…?" Kitta stated. As she said the final part InYa and Inuyasha were once again pulled to the floor. This time, they were both back to their feet with amazing speed.

"Don't do that!" they howled in unison. If their voices weren't enough to halt the conversation, then the fact that every face inside the classroom was now outside sure was.

"Silence out there," Mrs. Akuma shouted, "and the rest of you get back in this room!" All the faces disappeared back through the door and the conversation continued.

"I still want to know what is so special about you," Kitta stated. Suddenly, her nose twitched as she picked up a strange but familiar smell. She edged over to Kurama and started to look him all over, poking at him, and smelling of him.

"Man, how did I miss it before? InYa, take a good sniff. What do you smell?" Kitta ordered. InYa did so and went wide-eyed in shock of what filled the air. Curious, Mehi also took a quick sniff.

"It can't be. He is a…kitsune. But that doesn't explain why that word works for him," InYa declared.

"How…how can your noses pick up on my scent?" Kurama asked in awe. Yusuke, Hiei, and Kuwabara puzzled.

"Well, your scent isn't the only one we can pick up on," Mehi informed, "That one there," she pointed at Hiei, "reeks of demon; fire demon to be exact."

"And you," Inya said looking at Yusuke, "smell of something, something strong, but I'm not sure what. It’s not a scent I have smelled before."


"Ok, this conversation is getting personal. Let's ditch this school and go somewhere more private," Yusuke stated instead of suggesting as he began walking to the stairs. Agreeing they filed out of the hall, down the three levels of stairs, and outside the building. Yusuke escorted them to the park about five blocks away. Yusuke, Mehi, Baby, and Kuwabara sat at an isolated table while Hiei jumped into a nearby tree. InYa and Inuyasha leaned against the trunk of the very tree that contained Hiei, Kurama kneeled at tree on the opposite side, and Kitta sat on a tree stump close to Kurama.

"Ok," Yusuke began, directed at the three strange girls, "What is going on? What are you?" Kitta opened her mouth to answer when a beeping sounded through the air from Yusuke's pocket.

"Great, Boton, prefect timing!" Yusuke cried sarcastically. He flipped open his compact mirror-like communicator and saw the smiling blue-haired girl's face.

"Yusuke, Koenma wants you and the gang up here now. It's important," the girl said before she hung up without a reply. A portal appeared next to the table and the guys prepared to enter it. Yusuke looked back at the girls.

"I know this is strange, but trust me. Stay here and when we return, we'll explain this to you and you can explain yourselves and what you are," he informed them as he followed the guys into the portal.

"Guys, we found them. Yusuke must be the spirit detective we are looking for. I hope he doesn't turn us into Koenma when he finds out who we are," Mehi grumbled.

"Yeah, especially since I'm not the one he's after. It is just you four. I just agreed to come because I care about my sister at least a little and I want her name cleared,” stated Inuyasha

"We are glad you came, Brother," InYa said a little too sweetly.

"Hn," was all the reply she got. His little sister was up to something.


Yusuke was last to enter the portal. He quickly joined the others on the other side and was angered as soon as he set eyes on the toddler waddling up to him.


"Yo, Toddler, this had better be very good. We were in the middle of something extremely important," he reproached. His face was starting to show that his anger had reached its peak.


"Well, yes, Yusuke, it is good, as you put it. This is an extremely important mission. We have been tracking a band of demons, all high A's, which seemed to have found a way into the human world. These demons are escorting a human that is with them. Boton, the screen," Koenma explained. A projector screen became visible.


"This is," he continued as a picture showed on the screen, "the leader of the Yashu Gang, Inuyashu or as she has begun to go by, InYa," It was a picture of the girl they had just met though this time she resembled a dog complete with dog ears, claws, fangs, and tail.


“She is a partial incarnate of one of our more dangerous criminals. That's right,” he said to their dismayed looks. “She is from Naraku. I hope I don't need to tell any of you how hazardous she could be.”


“Could be?” asked Yusuke. He knew this was going to be no ordinary mission. They had already befriended these people, and now he was being told this group was composed of dangerous felons? Something was not right about that. Koenma dismissed Yusuke's question by waving his hand at Yusuke.


"This is second in command, Kitta Kenyara." The first picture was replaced by a second bearing yet another demon. This one was also the one of the new girls yet she held cat qualities. “She is a white panther demon…” Koenma started just before Kurama stopped him.


“They are extinct. I know they are,” Kurama demanded. His face showed a look of obvious shock at this.


“That's what everyone thought. While black panthers are still quite common, the white ones almost died out. In fact, there is only five still alive. Kitta here is one of only two females,” answered Boton in a knowledgeable fashion.


“Yes, as I was saying, Kitta is a white panther, fire element, marked at a high A. She has had a troubled past.” He scanned his notes and mumbled, “Her father murdered her mother. Then he tried to kill her. She ran and was picked up by slavers. She escaped to meet Yashu and…” He looked up from his clipboard. “I missed this note somehow. She has a younger brother. Boton, I want him found. His name is Keo Kenyara, a storm washi.”


“Aye aye, sir,” said Boton as she hurried out the door.


"This is the last female demon, Mehi Tora, a white tiger, ice element, marked mid A." The third picture was of a demon with shimmering blonde hair with pink and ice blue streaks. Her right eye was lilac, but her left eye was a hoary color, as if she was blind in it, with a scar running from the top right corner to the bottom left. She also had fangs, claws, and a white and ice blue striped tail and cat-like ears. “She as well, has a very unfortunate past,” He started flipping through his notes again, reading out loud small pieces. “Her parents were killed, giant dragon demon, locked up by slavers and sold, this is where she met Kitta, in the slave cells. She escaped and joined Kitta and Yashu. And she too, has a brother, this one older.” He pushes a button on the intercom on his desk. “Ogre, find out what you can on a Kojo Tora.”


"And this is the human. We have discovered plenty about her," he claimed as a fourth picture was displayed of a human girl with dark brown hair and swirling chocolate colored eyes.


"Her name is Rika Ketera, a normal human marked low A, if she was a demon that is which isn't bad for a human. She is 16 years old. She was declared a run-away when her parents reported her missing 3 years ago. She has one brother and both parents, none of any help since they are normal humans. She has an ability similar to Kuwabara’s. She can make an arrow using just her reiki, but she has to have a physical bow in her hands to channel the energy. These girls are being accompanied by a very powerful demon. He is Yashu's brother of sorts, Inuyasha. Naraku used a bit of Inuyasha’s blood to create InYa." A dog demon with silver hair and amber eyes glared from the last picture. He had razor sharp claws that looked about ready to be plunged straight into theirs beating hearts. He wore a wicked smile on his face that showed he didn't care about a living soul. "I know you all go into battles knowing that you will survive, but please be careful. I need these girls alive. They are going up for just about everything there is on the rap sheet, including human slaughter," he concluded as he turned away.


“Yo, toddler, what did you mean by how dangerous they `could' be?” asked Yusuke. He leaned forward into the question and placed his hands on the desk in front of him. “I must know what you mean by that,” Yusuke was all but begging.


“They don't know their true potential. It was hidden from Kitta and Mehi, trapped deep within the amulets they wear. InYa just can't seem to tap into hers which is why has her brother tagging along with her. He is training her. And Rika, who is known to most as Baby, doesn't know there is anything to her power. She has only been able to produce an arrow twice, in life or death situations. She is just a human, but for a human she a LOT of prospective talent coursing through her.” He added almost as if to himself, “Talent we could use. If only she wasn't a criminal. Hmm… Dismissed,” he waved Yusuke and the others off. A portal appeared to take them all back to the park they came from, and to the waiting demons.


Hiei, Kurama, and Kuwabara went through hastily, but Yusuke lagged behind. He didn't know if he could face them now, knowing who and what they were, what they had done, before they could explain themselves. Could he trust them at all? As he stepped through the portal, he decided he would have to wait and see.

Yusuke again was the last to exit the portal and he saw a horrible sight. Inuyasha, InYa, Kitta, and Mehi had produced aged looking swords. Inuyasha's was a huge blade with an off-white fluff around the guard. InYa's, similar to Inuyasha's, glistened silver under blotches of dry, rust-colored blood. Kitta's and Mehi's also were flecked with large amounts of dried blood. Hiei had drawn his sword with a menacing look on his face. Black flames licked the edges of the blade. Kuwabara had formed his Spirit Sword and was looking around wildly as if he was in a nightmare. Kurama held his Rose Whip ready to cut the first attack to pieces. Baby held a bow in her hands with an arrow formed from her spirit energy ready to fly. Yusuke was shocked so much could happen so fast. Yusuke, briefly forgetting his own safety, rushed amongst the quarreling fighters.

"What the hell!? What did I miss in the five second lag between there and here?" Yusuke asked angrily. None of the weapons lowered but the Yashu Gang did loosen their grips.

"Yusuke, you know what they are. We have to turn them in," Hiei growled threateningly. Inuyasha stepped forward.

"You would have to know that we wouldn't go easy. I will defend my sister to my death. I will never let you turn her in!" he roared as he began to rush forward. Hiei ran at the charge, dodging it easily. Inuyasha growled as he swiftly turned, bringing his sword up to block Hiei's attack. Their blades clashed and locked, neither gained any ground as they stood there in stalemate.

"Quit this, just quit!" Yusuke commanded. The sharpness of his voice caused Hiei to come to his senses. He pushed Inuyasha with all his strength. In a flash, he sheaved his sword and flipped up into a tree, away from the enraged dog demon. "You know I love a good fight, but, man, not right now. We have some business to get to," Yusuke finished. Kurama dispatched his energy and the transformed his whip back into a seed. Baby released her energy, causing the arrow to disappear, and slung the bow over her shoulder. Kitta, Mehi, InYa, and Inuyasha sheaved their swords, InYa's and Inuyasha's becoming regular sized. No one took the time to wonder how they had managed to hide their weapons while in class.

"This is absurd. I told you, InYa, we should have just stayed. I told you we shouldn't have come looking for this world-class spirit detective. I told you he wouldn't listen. We had better get out of here while we can," Inuyasha barked at his sister.

"What do you mean you came looking for me?" Yusuke roughly questioned as he strode toward Inuyasha. He, then, grabbed Inuyasha up by the neck of his ancient looking clothes. InYa stepped forward.

"We need your help desperately," she plainly pleaded.

"What do you mean you need our help?" Kuwabara bluntly asked. He then began to grin, a big, wide grin. Baby looked at him amusingly before answering.

"We came to find Yusuke because we heard he was the best. We need his help defeating a demon. She goes by the name Mesu," she answered hoping it would be all the persuasion they would need. Hiei snorted from his position on the tree limb above them.

"Why should we trust you? Why should we even bother?" he questioned in irritation. He glanced down and caught a glare from Kitta.

"We don't need your help, you stubborn fool. We just need the spirit detective and you're not him," she shouted at the infuriating demon. That was when Yusuke caught their attention.

"We will… help you," he replied gaspingly. He had begun sweating and shaking all over. His eyes showed the utter horror and anger that was now coursing through his ice cold veins. He raised his fist and suddenly thrust it through a nearby tree. "I swear I will help you destroy that monster!" he finished as a bellow, letting as ki reach higher than it has ever been before. After that display, no one moved, talked, or even breathed. Not even Hiei could find a retort that stated how much he didn't want involvement.

"Thank you," Mehi quietly responded. This seemed to calm Yusuke a slight bit. He glanced around the group with his wild ember eyes full of fire and pain.

"If that is what you wish, we will help you all we can, Yusuke," Kurama politely added. Then, they heard it. The school bell was beginning to ring that the day had ended. Kurama excused himself and Hiei saying his mother was expecting them home soon. Kuwabara can up with the same excuse. Yusuke gave a blunt "I gotta go" as he left.

"Well, guys, we are on our way," claimed Mehi.

"Yeah, we got the detective to listen to us and not kill us," said Inuyasha.

"The red head is kind of cute," InYa blurted out.

"WH-WHAT!?" shouted Inuyasha shocked. The four girls giggled and laughed at his red faced expression.

"I think that Kuwabara is WAY cute," said Baby, then, she noticed though others were walking off, not listening to her. "WAIT UP FOR ME!! I WAS TALKING YOU KNOW!!" she yelled as she rushed to catch up. Mehi gave a soft laugh as Kitta and InYa sighed. Inuyasha paid her no attention. The sun was quickly starting to set as they walked off deeper into the park.


Converting /tmp/php8TuTmr to /dev/stdout