Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Lupin III Fan Fiction ❯ Trésor Oublié ❯ Koenma's vault ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Trésor Oublié: Forgotten Treasure

Written by: Jesscheaux

Disclaimer: I did not invent, nor do I own Lupin the 3rd or Yu Yu Hakusho and I didn't create any of the characters. They're copywrited to Monkey Punch and Toshiro Togashi along with Shonen Jump and hordes of other things I can't remember.

Author's notes: It's a crossover like you've never seen before! Lupin and the gang set out to steal some of Koenma's precious artifacts, and he's none to happy about it! He sends his spirit detectives after the notorious thieves, but there's someone else following them too...
________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________

RANDOM TOKYO HOTEL:

"Lupin, are you friggin' finished writing that note?" master gunsman Daisuke Jigen looked over his partner in crime's shoulder.

"Yep, and I wrote it in japanese!" the thief replied with a smirk as he showed off his handiwork.

"I'll be the judge of that." the usually silent Goemon announced as he swiped the note from the red-clad man and studied it intensely, a hand to his chin, "Not bad, Lupin, you're improving."

Lupin laughed, "Thanks Goemon! Now I really have to make good on that miso soup I promised ya!"

The samurai shot him a fierce glare, "This time you better keep your word or you will feel the wrath of Zantetsu." he replied grimly, flashing the sheath of his famous sword.

"Yeah yeah, let's just get this over with." Jigen mumbled, lighting up a smoke.

"You really should quit." Lupin said, knudging him in the side.

"Go to hell."

"Only if you go with me! Hmm hmm!!!" Lupin chuckled good naturedly.

"So, where's the bitch?" Jigen exhaled a misty cloud, refering to Fujiko.

"I hope you did not invite her, Lupin." Goemon agreed.

"Aw guys! You've always got something against Fujicakes!"

"With good reason, moron. She's always stabbing us in the back. You want her to take our latest find?" another puff from Jigen.

"Of course not, Jigen! She'll never find us where we're going!"

"Hm. And where would that be, Lupin?" Goemon asked in his usual apathetic way.

"Can't you even read between the lines? The note I just wrote, that's for ruler of this so-called Spirit World, japanese based of course. His name is some sorta weird one....Koenma I think....and he's got a vault full of treasure just begging to be stolen." He rubbed his hands together in anticipation.

Goemon's eyes widened as he stood rapidly, "Lupin, I don't think that this is such a good idea."

Jigen snorted, "Get ready for the superstition."

"You scoff now, but when magic overtakes you and you are thrown into the demon world called the Makai, we'll see who's crying for me to save him."

"HUH! Ya friggin' moron. No one believes in that voo-doo crap anymore."

"Hmm, I hate to say it, but Goemon's got a point!" Lupin mused.

"A point that you should take."

The Frenchman looked like he was thinking it over for a second, "Nah! I can't pass this up! This is the heist of a lifetime! I'll go down in history even more than I already have!" Lupin clicked his heels and ran outside to mail his letter.

"Talk about an ego." Jigen rolled his eyes under his fedora as he threw his cigarette off of the balcony of the room they were staying in.

"I fear it will be the death of him." Goemon shook his head sadly.

"WHOO HOO!" Lupin raced back upstairs, "I can't wait any longer guys, let's go!"

"I'm warning you Lupin..." Goemon said eerily.

"Ah, don't worry man! With you there, I'm sure all those scary demons will stay away! And if they don't you can just make 'em chop suey!"

"That's Chinese."

"Ok then, chopped SUSHI!"

Goemon rolled his eyes.


* * *


INTERPOL:

"INSPECTOR! INSPECTOR!" the young policeman burst through the door of head Inspector Zenigata's office.

"ZzzZ...but mother, I don't like pea soup....HUH WHAT?! Oh, it's just you. What do you want?" the now wide-awake officer replied as he put his elbows on his desk and leaned forward.

The man saluted, "This just in, sir! Lupin is planning another heist!"

"LUPIN THAT ROTTEN SON OF A GUN! I JUST KNEW HE WAS UP TO NO GOOD!" Zenigata yelled angrily as he rose and stood up in his chair, "Well, what is it this time?"

"We're not entirely sure, sir! It appears to be a place beyond the 'Living Realm' called Spirit World."

"Spirit World, eh? WELL HE'S GONE TOO FAR THIS TIME! He's already taken every friggin' thing he could on earth so he's robbing graves now! On into heaven and hell; I should have expected something like this from him!"

The officer sweatdropped, "Sir, I believe there is a portal between our world and theirs, arrangements have already been made for you to travel there. You'll need a guide of course..."

"WHAT?! Inspector Zenigata needs no guide! It'll blow my cover!"

"You were planning on going in disguise?"

"NO WAY! AND RUIN MY DRAMATIC ENTRANCE?! AND THE LOOK ON LUPIN'S FACE WHEN I CRUSH HIS DREAMS?! HA HA HA!"

"Um....nevermind sir. A cab will be here for you in 24 hours."

"Very good then! HA HA HA!" Zenigata waved the young man away and began packing his hand-cuffs.


* * *


THE NEXT DAY; SPIRIT WORLD:


Koenma stared at the piece of paper in his hands incredulously, "I can't believe this! What kind of guy is he?! JUST BLATANTLY ADMITTING THAT HE'S STEALING MY PRECIOUS ITEMS?!!!!" he continued muttering under his breath what kinds of torture he would put this fool and his gang through. He read the note again:

'Dear Koenma-sama,

Just to let you know, I'm going to be paying a little visit to that famed vault of yours. I've heard of the many treasures it holds and I can't wait to get my hands on them! You can bet that it won't have an artifact left once me and my gang are done with it. Hope you don't mind!

Yours,

Lupin'


The Reikai Prince crumbled the note in his hand as he slammed his fists on the desk, "GEEEOORGEEEE!!!!!"

Moments later, a blue ogre dressed in a tiger-skin pelt ran in, "Yes Koenma-sir?" he bowed.

Koenma's eyes narrowed, "Get. Me. YUSUKE!"


* * *


Yusuke Urameshi, punk extraordinare, was rudely awakened from his slumber by a miffed Botan.

"GET UP, YUSUKE!" she shook his sleeping form, it was almost impossible to wake up Urameshi once he was in a deep sleep.

"Noooo......" he mumbled, "Keiko....I don't wanna go to school....."

"GRRR!!!" Botan ripped the covers off of the sleeping detective, making him instantly curl up into a ball. She raised her oar and gave him a good smack on the noggin, "That ought to do it!" she said proudly as Yusuke's blood-shot eyes opened slowly.

He rolled over to the side, "AAAGH! BOTAN! How many times do I hafta to tell you! DON'T WAKE ME UP AT 5AM!"

The river-guide smirked, "Sorry Yusuke, this order came straight from the top. Koenma's ticked off about a letter he received and he asked that you be summoned immediately."

"OVER A LETTER?! HELL NO I'M GOING BACK TO SLEEP!" the black-haired boy jumped back in bed and pulled the covers over his head.

"NOW YUSUKE! Come on!"

"GET LOST!"

After 15 more minutes of fighting, Yusuke was dressed and on his way to the spirit world.

When they arrived, they found that Hiei, Kurama, and Kuwabara had also been summoned.

Kuwabara rubbed his eyes sleepily, "You too, Urameshi?"

"Yeah, me too....GRRR COME OUT HERE KOENMA!"

Kurama merely chuckled, always amused at Yusuke's worse than normal attitude at having to wake up early.

Hiei frowned and folded his arms against his chest, "This better be worth it." he said to Kurama.

"Patience is a virtue......" Koenma crooned as he stepped out of the shadows in his Teen form.

"Yeah, you mind getting me some of that? CUZ I DON'T HAVE ANY AT THIS TIME OF MORNING!!!" Yusuke screamed back.

"SHUT UP! So anyway, I bet you're all wondering what's so important--"

"DUH! Otherwise I'd still be sleeping! HURRY UP ALREADY!" Yet again from Yusuke.

"Chill Urameshi." Kuwabara was only half awake at this point, looking like he would nod off any minute. He was wearing dark blue pajamas with kittens all over them.

"Where's your teddy bear Kuwabara?" Yusuke sneered sarcastically.

"HEY! I DO NOT SLEEP WITH A TEDDY BEAR!" the red head folded his arms and frowned down at his friend.

"Oh that's right I forgot, you have a stuffed kitten."

"THAT'S NOT TRUE!" Kuwabara reached out his fist to slug Yusuke when Koenma interrupted.

"ALRIGHT! Now that everyone's AWAKE, I'll get on with the mission!"

"Hn."

Koenma glared down at them all, "I received a letter just now from some quote, unquote, 'Master Thief' and his gang who plans on stealing my entire vault full of sacred artifacts!"

"Big deal, the guy's a junk collector, let him have it! At least he asked, right?" Yusuke blabbed in.

"ARE YOU CRAZY! You don't even know the HALF of what's in that vault! There are weapons in there that could destroy the entire earth, not to mention a long-exiled evil being held back by a spell! If these guys take them and use them, who knows what will happen to the Living World! They might even be able to open the Time Portal..." he shuddered.

"Time Portal?" Kurama questioned.

"Yes, they could jump into the past and alter history as we know it, even collapse time. Or they could use the Dimension excellerator."

"Yadda yadda yadda! A bunch of magic crap that I don't give a damn about." Yusuke spat, "Unspeakable evil....oooooh time itself will collapse...oh no save me!" he said sarcastically.

Botan shook her head sadly, "He doesn't understand."

"LOOK YUSUKE!" Koenma yelled, "It's either THEM OR YOU! I don't know how evil they are, they could be the next Toguro brothers for all I know! SO I WANT THEM STOPPED, UNDERSTAND?!"

"Yeah yeah, fine. What do I do?"

"Simple. You four will guard the vault."

"GUARD THE VAULT?! *pretends to talk into a microphone* Yusuke Urameshi, top Spirit Detective, is at an all time low. Forced to guard a vault full of worthless junk, this one'll go down in history..."


* * *


Arsene Lupin III was still soundly sleeping in his hotel suite, trying to get in some beauty rest before the heist that would occur later that day. A grandfather clock tolled 6am and he rolled over, his brow scrunching in a dream...


DREAM SEQUENCE:

Lupin was walking.

He'd been here before.

It was dark and damp outside, so he held a newspaper over his head to protect from the drizzling rain.

A small noise came from the alleyway, it sounded like a moan.

He stopped.

There was an old man sitting on the ground, being wet by the falling rain. He looked at least 80 and Lupin wondered why he had been abandoned out there, wondering if he had a place to go.

(Poor guy...) he thought to himself as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a $20, "Here ya go, mister." He said in a sad, yet kind tone.

The old man stared at him with cold, blank eyes, "Realm of Spirit. Realm of Time." he said in a monotonous tone.

"Huh?" Lupin continued holding out the money, but the man refused to take it.

"You can find it...." the old man spoke again, "Within lies the greatest treasure...."

"Hmm, treasure you say?"

"Find it.... Find it......" the old man kept saying, staring the thief in the eyes. Then, quick as a lightning bolt, he shoved a slip of paper into Lupin's hand and was gone.

"Whoa...I didn't think a man that old could move that fast..." he looked down in his hand, "Hmm...what's this?" he opened the paper, that looked quite old, to find a map of the spirit world and the way to the portal. On the back was a picture of mountains of gold, jewels and all other types of stuff that he'd love to steal, "Wow, this is great! I can't wait to tell the guys about this! I wish I could've thanked him..." Lupin stared in the direction he was sure the man went.

"Find it...." he suddenly heard in his left ear and whipped around to see nothing but the empty street. A cold chill ran down his spine; he could've sworn that someone was standing next to him.

END DREAM SEQUENCE

Lupin sat up suddenly, now awake, remembering all too well the night he had discovered that Koenma's vault existed.

"I'm gonna find it!" he said and jumped up, yawning and stretching. He glanced over at the clock; 7:30, perfect.

"Time to wake the guys!"


* * *


Darkness.....

Shadows......

Two beings speak.....


"The fool fell for it."

"Of course he did, this is another challenge for him."

"I've heard many things about him though, are you sure this is going to work?"

"He will find it. And when he does, I'll make sure that it is opened."

"Stealing from a thief?"

"Hm."

"Extraordinary."

________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________
In case you couldn't tell, Lupin is my favorite from Lupin III! Although Jigen and Zenigata are big faves of mine too. Goemon's cool also and has the same voice as SANOSUKE!!! And of course you all know who my fave from Yu Yu Hakusho is ;) KUWABARA RULES! Yusuke's alot of fun to write for too, as is Koenma!

Who is the mysterious voice? Could they have any connection with the old man? Next time, Lupin's gang meets the spirit detectives!!!