Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Lupin III Fan Fiction ❯ Trésor Oublié ❯ To The Vault! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Trésor Oublié--Chapter 2

Written by: Jesscheaux

Disclaimer: I did not invent, nor do I own Lupin the 3rd or Yu Yu Hakusho and I didn't create any of the characters. They're copywrited to Monkey Punch and YOSHIHIRO Togashi (I had it wrong the last chapter, so sorry Togashi-sama!) along with Shonen Jump and hordes of other things I can't remember.

Author's notes: This fic was written in celebration that Adult Swim/Cartoon Network FINALLY put Lupin III back on the air! Lupin ties with Big O for my second favorite anime, YYH being my first favorite! REJOICE IN THE LUPIN AND YYH GOODNESS!
________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________


Kuwabara looked over at his best friend incredulously, "You've really lost it, Urameshi."

Yusuke sneered, turning around, "I wish I could lose...THIS JOB! ARRRGH!!!"

"Now Yusuke, don't be that way! Koenma trusts you and that's why he asked you four to guard the vault." Botan coaxed him, hoping to gain his favor with flattery.

"Well fine, I'll guard the stinkin' vault, but don't expect me to be happy about!"

"That's our Yusuke." Kurama said with a smile.

"Hn." That's Hiei-speak for 'Let's get this over with already.'

"Enough talk, I'll show you to the vault!" Botan announced, hopping on her oar with a 'whoosh'.

Hiei was the only one able to keep up with her swift pace, Kurama and Yusuke close behind, Kuwabara bringing up the back.

The orange haired boy shivered, stuffing his hands in his pockets, "This place gives me the creeps..." he could feel spirits everywhere, all around him and it was quite unnerving.

He followed them down through the stairwell, torches lighting the way; passing corridor after corridor that led to who knows where.

Suddenly, a hand reached out of yet another corridor and slapped a steely cuff onto Kuwabara's wrist. He didn't have time to yelp, for another hand was clapped over his mouth and the matching cuff onto his other wrist and he was pulled in.

"You there..." a scratchy voice came from the shadows.

Kuwabara trembled slightly as the voice chuckled, releasing him from it's firm grip. He gulped visibly as he turned around to face none other than...

INSPECTOR ZENIGATA!!!

"Huh? Who...who are you?"

Zenigata chuckled, "Inspector Zenigata." he said smugly, flashing his badge, "And who do you think YOU are?!"

"Kazuma Kuwabara." he answered matterly of factly.

"Is that so..." the ever-suspicious officer trailed off, "Well WHAT IF I DON'T BELIEVE YA!" his voice echoed slightly and he brought it down to a hush, "I'm gonna need some proof, boy! How do I know you're not on Lupin's side..." his eyes narrowed as he said the name of everyone's favorite thief.

"Well, if you'd take these handcuffs offa me, I'd be happy to prove that I am the one and only, THE GREAT KAZUMA KUWABARA!"

"Quiet down!" he growled, "Alright alright. 1, 2,...Um...#37!" he took a small key off a huge jailer's key ring and undid Kazuma's bonds.

Kuwabara, now fully dressed for the day, reached into his back pocket, pulling out his wallet. He opened it and shoved his driver's license in the Inspector's face, "See? It's me."

"Hm, so you AREN'T a liar! Well then, I have some questions for you, Kuwabara."

"Ok, shoot."

"SHOOT?! I may be an officer but I don't just accept challenges like that off the bat! Why you--" the inspector reached a hand into his trench coat to reattach the handcuffs to Kuwabara when he grabbed his hand.

"Geez, you're more irritable than Hiei. It's just an expression."

"Right! I knew that..." he darted his eyes around and straightened his hat, "So, tell me, what do you know about the notorious thief, Lupin the 3rd!"

Kuwabara put a hand to his chin and appeared to be in deep thought for a minute, "Hmm...."

"Well?" Zenigata leaned forward, eager to hear any information.

"Hmm....Um....never heard of the guy!" Kuwabara grinned like a maniac.

DMM!

Zenigata promptly fell over on his side, twitching, "Never...*twitch* heard of...*twitch twitch* Lupin..."

"Are you ok man?"

"Never been better!" he got right back on his feet, "You, son, have ALOT to learn. Say...how would you like to be my apprentice for this mission, eh? Learn from the best?"

"Uh....that sounds like fun, really, but I'm kind've on another mission right now. I should really go catch up with the guys..." he turned to leave when Zenigata grabbed his shoulder.

"Nonsense! I've always wanted a partner to teach and to follow in my footsteps." the inspector became all misty eyed.

"Well, I AM a detective."

"Great! Then we're on the case! You'll need these." he shoved a pair of handcuffs into Kuwabara's hands, "Ah, that was my first set of handcuffs, *sniffle*, I want you to have them..." he turned away briefly.

"Are you ok?"

"'Course I am, just got something in my eye...there. NOW! As my new apprentice, you'll need to know EVERYTHING about Lupin and his gang of thieves and I'm just the guy to teach you! Afterall...I've been chasing them for over a decade...no good friggin son of a--"

"Hey Zenigata?"

"Yeah?"

"What about my spirit energy?"

"Spirit Energy? What are you...talking...about...duh..." Zenigata's jaw went slack as Kuwabara demonstrated his Spirit Sword technique, giving off quite an impressive aura.

"See? This is my Spirit Sword!"

"THE HELL?!" he stared for a few more seconds before he recovered, "Well, isn't that something...kids these days! Sure, son, you can use your-" he made quotation mark signs with his hands, "'Spirit Sword' but ya also gotta learn the art of handcuffs!"

"If you say so!" Kuwabara shrugged, the guy was obviously obsessed with capturing Lupin, but hey, he might be able to learn something useful from him in the meantime. (Bet the guys don't even notice I'm gone...) he thought.

"Now....about Lupin...." Zenigata began telling him everything he knew about the Legendary thief. (Lupin III 101, hehe!)

* * *

Yusuke suddenly stopped dead in his tracks, "Hey? Where'd Kuwabara go?!"

Hiei jumped back to join him, "The oaf? Hn, he probably got so far behind he got lost." Hiei said with a slight smirk.

"Dammit! Koenma's going to be !"

"I say we leave him, I'm sure he'll eventually find his way out if he's as spiritually aware as he says he is."

"Hiei, that isn't very kind." Kurama spoke up.

"Shut up, kitsune."

"Well," Botan joined in, flying back over, "Who knows where he's at by now, I have to get you three to the vault. Lupin could be here any second! I'll look for him after I lead you there."

Murmurs of agreement were heard all around and Botan and the others took off again.


* * *

"Good morning, sunshine!" Arsene Lupin the 3rd said happily as he pulled the curtains in Jigen's room wide open, letting torrents of sunbeams shine through the window, falling directly on the gunman's face.

"Arrrgh! Can't a guy friggin' sleep around here?" Jigen protested, throwing the covers of the bed over his head.

"Riches wait for no man! Now up and at 'em!" he grinned and pulled the covers off of Jigen and began to play an imaginary trumpet of the song that usually woke men in the army.

Jigen quickly covered his ears, "ALRIGHT ALREADY!"

Lupin immediately stopped trumpeting and saluted Jigen, running into the next room. The gunsman quickly put on his hat--that thing almost never leaves his head!--as he started to get dressed.

In the next room:

"GOEMON! GOEMON! GET UP!" extremely excitiable Lupin was jumping around the mat on the floor Goemon was sleeping on like a monkey.

"Go away, Lupin. It is too early for a man to be awake." Goemon said calmly, trying to ignore his partner.

"No way! It's 7:45! You should've been up hours ago so you could meditate like usual!" Lupin insisted.

Goemon's eyes immediately shot open, "IYA! I have forgotten! Forgive me ancestors..." he jumped out of bed and knelt down for a quick prayer.

"Hmm hmm hmm hmm!" Lupin chuckled, getting out his prized map and adoring it for the billionth time, "You're gonna make daddy very rich, yes you are!" He hugged the map close to his face.

"HEH!" Jigen's voice came from the doorway, "Should I leave you two alone?"

"Oh shut up! You're just jealous because I found it and you didn't!"

"Found it my ass! You practically stole it from that defenseless old man!"

"For your information, JIGEN, he GAVE it to me! What was I supposed to do run after him and give it back?"

"It woulda been the polite thing to do."

"Ah, but one must choose between being polite and being rich you know! Hmm hmm!"

"I'll bet you'd marry money if you could." Jigen retored with a smirk.

"You got that right Jigen buddy!" he winked over at the bearded man, "Well, I hope Goemon's finished begging his ancestor's forgiveness so we can get this show on the road!"


* * *


POW!

The ancient piece of junk that Lupin's gang insisted on driving around in backfired. It swerved over into the right-hand land, earning honks from other enraged drivers.

"Friggin' hell!" Jigen yelled as he swerved back over onto the left side of the road, "Give me a heart attack before my time!"

"Everyone knows you're already ancient, Jigen." Lupin quipped from the passengers side of the car.

"Do me and favor and shut the hell up."

"Ooooh Touche'!!!"

Goemon sat in the back seat, his arms folded and eyes closed.

"Whatsa matter?" Lupin turned around and asked, "Your ancestors still mad at you?"

Goemon opened one eye, "I do not think that you should be making fun of my ancestors."

"Yeesh! Can't a guy have some fun around here? You guys are such downers. Now if Fujicakes was here..." Lupin trailed off, and started drooling.

"If Fujiko was here she'd have stabbed us in the back already! Snap out of it, looney!" Jigen took one hand off the steering wheel and smacked his comrade across the face.

"OW!" Lupin rubbed his cheek.

"Serves you right for thinking about that bitch before the heist." He pulled out a cigarette and proceeded to smoke like a chimney.

Goemon pulled his sword from it's sheath with a long metallic noise.

Lupin ducked just in time to keep his head from getting sliced off. Goemon chuckled slightly, "Do not worry Lupin, I have no intention of killing you." he stared down at the sword, as if trying to get a reading from it.

"Well I'd certainly hope not, Goemon! After all those years of working together, and as pals..." Lupin wiped away a fake tear.

"Oh cry me a river." Jigen snorted, taking a left turn off the main highway. (A/N: Got the cry me a river idea from Rei! ^_^ Thanks, chica!)

"I was only checking the shadow on Zantetsu, Lupin." Goemon stated, "Hm..." he said grimly, "Things do not look good. I fear there is evil in this mission."

"Here we go again..." Jigen rolled his eyes, "It's a friggin vault. We rob it, take the stuff, and high-tail the hell outta there; what's to know? It's your run-of-the-mill heist."

"We should still keep our guards up, I sense something is about to happen."

"Yeah, we're about to be filthy rich!" Lupin grinned from ear to ear.

Jigen and Goemon both looked over at Lupin at the same time.

"Alright, so richer than we already are!"

"That's more like it. Say Lupin, do you think Pops has gotten word yet?" Jigen let out another puff.

Lupin put both hands behind his head, reclining in the seat slightly, "Good question, Jigen. But knowing good ole' Pops, I'd bet my life on it!"

"It is not like he can find us." Goemon put in, "We are going to Spirit World."

"This is Pops we're talking about, Goemon! If there's an idiot, there's a way! Hmm hmm!"


* * *


ENTRANCE TO THE VAULT:

"Here we are, boys! I'll go look for Kuwabara, you three just stay here and keep a look out for the thieves." Botan announced and then flew away on her oar.

"It's what I live to do." Yusuke sneered sarcastically.

Kurama put a hand on the humongous door of the vault, "It's exactly as I remember, Hiei."

Hiei smirked, "Seems like it was yesterday when WE were the ones robbing the vault."

"That's right, you guys are no better than these thieves!" Yusuke laughed hysterically.

"That sounds funny coming from a boy who skips school." Kurama chuckled.

"Yes, and treats the only human who cares for him like dirt." Hiei put in.

"HEY! I'M NOT LIKE THAT WITH MY MOTHER!"

"I believe he was talking about Keiko."

"Oh...well...JUST SHUT UP OK?!" Yusuke folded his arms and leaned against the vault doors, a bored look crossing his face.


AN HOUR LATER:


It started like the sound of a ticking clock. Slow. Steady.

Kurama's delicate ears perked up. Hiei's eyes widened.

"Huh?" Yusuke had been napping, while still leaning against the door, "Hey, isn't Botan back yet with Kuwabara?"

"SHHH!!!" both demons silenced him.

Yusuke listened this time to hear the steady rhythm get louder.

"It's them." Kurama pulled a rose out of his hair.

"I'll be ready." Hiei pulled his sword from it's sheath.

"Hey hey! What makes you guys think we're going to have to fight them?"

The two youkai looked at Yusuke as if he had grown another head.

"Who else would want to steal things from the vault but a horrible demon, intent on using them for evil?" Kurama asked, always the voice of reason.

"Have you gone completely brain-dead, detective?" Hiei shook his head.

"Alright alright, sheesh! You can't blame a guy for asking."

The cadence of footsteps stopped suddenly.

"Gah, they have guards!" a voice whispered.

"Idiot. I told you we should've gone around the back." a second deeper one answered.

"I told you this was a bad idea, Lupin." a more reserved voice answered the first.

"Uhh....I hate to break it to you guys, but this is the only entrance."

"Someone forgot to do his homework..." the second voice exhaled.

Hiei couldn't take it any longer, "SHOW YOURSELVES!!!!" he yelled.

Lupin almost jumped a foot off the ground, "They shouldn't have been able to hear us talking!" he whispered harshly from the other side of the stone wall they were hiding behind.

"We are not dealing with ordinary men." Goemon said gravely, "I will go first."

Goemon walked out from behind the wall; his hand on the sheath of Zantetsu. Lupin and Jigen whipped out their firearms and held them up, shuffling close behind the samurai.

They slowly stepped into the light...

Hiei's eyes widened to the size of saucers, "HUMANS?!!!" he yelled incredulously.

"And badly dressed ones I might add..." Yusuke smirked.

"HEY!"

TO BE CONTINUED!!!

________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________
BWA HA HA CLIFFHANGER! I couldn't resist! Hope you all enjoyed the new chapter! LUPIN FOREVER! This fic is not going to be in ANY way romance so don't get any ideas about yaoi. I just plan on this being an exciting YYH/Lupin adventure! Also, I don't think the Lupin gang are bad dressers, but Yusuke does! Since Zenigata and Kuwabara are both so hilarious, I think they'd make a great team! Stay tuned for the next exciting episode! And as Lupin would say: Toodles!


Be Kind, Review ^_^