Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Wish Upon A Fallen Star ❯ Fighting One's Own Other Half... and Then Some ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter 18: Fighting One's Own Other Half and then Some

Yusuke froze when he felt a gentle touch brush against his mind, asking to be let in. Allowing the contact Yusuke felt as though he was enveloped by Hiei's every essence. 'Yusuke, kill me while you can. I don't know what Muraki is intending to do, but I don't think he bodes you, nor the others, well.' Yusuke still approached him. 'Did you hear a word I said?' Hiei said as worry entered his mental voice.

'I heard you all right.' Yusuke said in reply. 'Thank you for the warning.' He watched Hiei's body, knowing that, depending on Muraki's ability, it would be a hand-to-hand fight. 'However, you should know that I would never harm you without reason, nor expect me to kill you either.' Then he saw a flicker of the right hand at Hiei's side, and moved to block, hitting Hiei in the stomach, winding him. 'I will protect myself, but I cannot, and will not, take your life.' He felt Hiei smile. As Hiei threw himself at Yusuke, the taller of the pair grabbed the other, holding him against his body. "Get going, you lot. I'll deal with Hiei. You have your own jobs." The others nodded and carried on ahead. Karasu, Hisoka and Tsuzuki going after Muraki and Kurama, Yukina and Kuwabara looking for the Necromion.

Yusuke then turned his attention back to Hiei, who had bit his arm, forcing Yusuke to release him. They faced off again, Hiei baring his fangs, coated in Yusuke's blood. "You have no idea how much that turns me on." Yusuke said punching Hiei's lower right side, seeing him spit out some blood worried Yusuke slightly, but Hiei attacked him again, forcing Yusuke to defend himself once more. Mentally Hiei was trying to regain some control, but Muraki's grip was very strong. His eyes begging Yusuke to kill him before he killed Yusuke. Little did either Muraki nor Hiei know that Yusuke had his own thoughts on what should happen. Once Hiei was close enough Yusuke pinned him against a wall, and placed a heated kiss on Hiei's lips, infuriating Muraki. Knowing that he had angered Muraki was fun, Hiei's face contorted into the other's rage.

Yusuke pulled back ready to defend once more, knowing that Muraki would anger further with the next miss, and true to form, he attacked. Yusuke moved out of his path and pressed against Hiei's back, feeling Muraki tense in Hiei's body. "I believe it serves you right for trying to take someone's boyfriend, Muraki." He felt Muraki tense Hiei's body further and smirked. He licked Hiei's neck from base to chin, then over his ear. He then pulled back once more, knowing that if he hadn't annoyed Muraki enough now, nothing would.

Muraki was livid. He was supposed to have the upper hand over the demon, not him having the upper hand over Muraki himself.. Lunging at Yusuke, he felt Yusuke grab his right arm and throw him over his shoulder, winding him when he landed, Yusuke taking advantage by pinning Hiei's arms above his head and straddling Hiei's waist. He ravaged the other's neck when he was sure that he had a tight enough grip on the other. He knew that there was no chance that Hiei could break free, not the way that he was being held. He was enjoying the feel of the struggles from the one below him. It aroused him even more, knowing that it was Muraki's mind being consumed by hatred of being held captive, and with a snarl Hiei's body went slack in Yusuke's arms. Hiei's eyes flickered open. "We need to do this more often." He said arcing against Yusuke's dominance. Yusuke grinned, but still kept a tight grip on Hiei's body.



(At Muraki's Private Quarters)

"It's this way." Kuronue said leading Hisoka and Tsuzuki to Muraki's quarters and opened the doors. They saw Muraki sitting in a chair, his eyes closed in a trance-like state, disgust on his features. Then his eyes shot open, seeing the three people he least wanted to see in his private rooms. "Hoe did you get in here." He asked angrily.

"Quite easily. Karasu wasn't here to stoop us, and Yusuke is taking care of Hiei." Kuronue said with narrowed eyes. It's just you and us, Muraki, and I have a debt to pay, as does Hisoka and Tsuzuki." He smiled nastily as he readied his weapon, and the others readied theirs too. Tsuzuki keeping back, his Shikigami were to be used as a final resort. Muraki, having no real means of defending himself had to avoid every strike from both people, often getting nicked by one blade or the other.

After some ten minutes of being able to avoid both fighters, Muraki slipped on his own blood, landing painfully on his back, and both blades fell, however only one struck his body. Kuronue's blade missed, and he backed off. "I can't kill him." He said by way of explanation. "Demons are forbidden to kill humans." He said, however it didn't stop Hisoka from swinging the blade with all his strength, but he missed. Muraki, having taken advantage of Kuronue's hesitance, rolled from his death sentence and tried to bring Hisoka to his knees using the curse that he had put on his body before Hisoka died, however no matter how hard he tried it didn't work.

"Are you looking for that stinking curse you put on me?" Hisoka asked with a feral grin. "Youko Kurama happily removed the curses from both myself and Kuronue." He laughed "I'm finally free of you, Muraki. I have been haunted by you in life and in death, but finally I am free." He sliced through the air cutting into Muraki's chest. He saw blood flow freely from the wound, slowly Muraki sank to his knees, looking sadly at Hisoka.

"Once you take a life, you cannot go back. Do you want a man's death on your hands?" He said trying to talk Hisoka out of killing him.

"Tell that to Princess Tsubaki!" Hisoka cried and with a swipe he beheaded Muraki. He watched as the body slumped to the floor as though in slow motion. The feeling of a dark taint seemed to surround him, to taint his soul and for a moment he wondered if it was Muraki's spirit. That was until Kurama entered the room with Yukina carrying the Necromion. Only the Koorime had been able to even touch the book. A soul totally untainted by hatred was the only one to touch a book created to harm to those the holder hated.

"We found the book!" The Koorime said laying the book on the table. "Call Koenma, Tsuzuki." She said as she looked at the door, seeing Yusuke carry her unconscious brother into the room, holding him close. She ran over to the pair. "Let me help." She said as she started healing the injuries that Yusuke had left on her brother. She knew that Yusuke hadn't wanted to hurt her brother, but had no real choice because of Muraki. However now the pair had a chance to really spend time together time that they should have had for so long.

It didn't take long for Koenma to appear, and seeing the book that had been thought to have been destroyed after the banishment of Meikai from the four worlds. "I shall take care of this monstrosity." Koenma said as he raised his hands, and a blast of pure white fire consumed the book until there was nothing left, not even a single flake of ash remained on the table. "There, that's all done now. Thank you all for your help in finding this book. Have a nice day. Oh, and congratulations Yusuke, pass them onto Hiei when he awakens." With a wide smile and a nod, Koenma started to travel back home to Reikai, to get back to his paperwork.


Back in Reikai Kagotsuchi, the god of fire, and the last son born to Izanami and her brother-husband Izanagi screamed in tormented madness. Koenma, prince of the underworld, had used his pure soul to burn the most tainted Meikai artefact that ever existed. He looked upon Ningenkai with blood red eyes, he needed a new form, a form that his father couldn't steal away from him. He set his eyes to looking for a suitable red-haired hose. One that had a body suitable for a god.