Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hieibara Drabbles ❯ Omelet ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Hieibara Drabble #2
Title: Omelet
calikocat/LemonKitty
Word Count: 427
 
Author's Notes: Hiei + cooking = bad
 
XXX
 
Early morning was the perfect time for sleeping/cuddling with one's significant other.
 
Kuwabara rolled over, his arm searching for the smaller body out of habit. But the space beside him was empty, cold even. Hiei was awake and had been for a while. Not that that was a bad thing. Sometimes Hiei would get up early, crazy early, like before the sun rose so that he could go for a run. Nope, not a thing to worry about, Hiei would come back from his run soon. He'd come back to bed for a kiss and some snuggles, not that Hiei would ever admit to snuggling. Maybe early morning sex could follow the kiss and not-snuggles.
 
Kuwabara lay there, smiling as he dozed, until something foul tickled his nose. Groggily he opened one eye, then the other and took a deeper breath. Yep, something was burning.
 
“<i>Shimatta!</i>” Hiei's voice rang out from the direction of the kitchen.
 
Damn, that meant Hiei wasn't out for a run. He sighed and climbed out of bed, slipping on a pair of boxers as he left the bedroom.
 
“Hiei? You okay in here?”
 
A growl was his answer.
 
“Hiei?” Kuwabara stuck his head in the kitchen, a thin veil of smoke made everything hazy.
 
“No.”
 
He stepped further into the room, catching sight of Hiei who was glaring at a black lump in a skillet. He moved closer and peered over his lover's shoulder.
 
“Hiei…what is that?”
 
Hiei wouldn't meet his eyes. “An omelet.”
 
“…”
 
“It burnt.”
 
“I can see that…why were you making an omelet?”
 
Hiei continued to glare at the charred food that was once an omelet. “Shizuru said you liked them.”
 
Kuwabara smiled and wrapped his arms around Hiei from behind. “Tell you what. Let's open some windows and clean this up. Then I'll show you how to cook an omelet.”
 
A quiet nod was his only answer and Kuwabara sighed. Hiei hated failing anything. He leaned down and nibbled at the demon's ear. “Thank you.”
 
Hiei grunted. “For what. I killed it.”
 
“Yeah…but would you ever try to cook for anyone else?”
 
“No.”
 
“Then thank you. Now come on. Let's clear the smoke out and start our cooking lesson.”
 
Hiei darted a look over his shoulder at the young man. “You're not mad I killed your breakfast?”
 
Kuwabara grinned. “Nope, I like it when you're hot.”
 
Hiei smirked at that and moved out of Kuwabara's embrace to open the windows.
 
Kuwabara smiled and plotted revenge against Shizuru as he scraped the charred egg out of his best skillet.
 
XXX