Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Legal Human Practice ❯ Go Between ( Chapter 30 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Go Between

calikocat

Word count: 858

 

XXX

Arthur Weasley stared in shock at what looked like a muggle dwelling; it was hard to believe that the head of the most powerful Magical Family in Japan lived in such a place. His trip to the country had been filled with nothing but surprises. Magical Japan was nothing like Magical Britain. Magic was everywhere, right alongside the muggle world, but nowhere near as flashy or complicated as London. Mr. Minamino's office had even been in a muggle building amidst muggle solicitors.

“Arthur-san?”

Arthur shook himself and looked at the younger man, embarrassed to be caught woolgathering. “Sorry, did you say something?”

Mr. Minamino smiled. “Our hosts are waiting; sitting in the car will accomplish little.”

“Of course, sorry again, Mr. Minamino.”

“Keita.”

“Keita.” They exited the car and made their way up to the front door, it opened before either of them could knock on it. Arthur took a step back when red eyes met them.

Keita, however, just kept smiling. “Hiei-san, this is Weasley Arthur. He was instrumental in clearing Sirius-san's name.”

“You've mentioned the name, why is he here?”

“I wanted to speak to Mr. Kuwabara about the American branch of his clan.”

Those red eyes narrowed. “Why?”

“I have an old friend who's in contact with some of them...they are in danger if the Blanc Clan finds them.”

Hiei-san nodded. “We received a letter from Summers Joyce.” He stepped aside to let them in, Keita took the silent invitation and Arthur followed, pausing to watch the young man remove his shoes and put on a pair of slippers. Arthur did the same when Keita offered him a pair from a rack in the entry way.

Then without a word they followed Hiei into the living room where three toddlers were playing with a set of blocks. One of them was unmistakably Harry Potter, who ran to Hiei with his arms raised, clearly expecting to be picked up. Hiei did so easily and settled the boy on his hip and sat on the sofa, only to have the other little boy and the girl climb up on it and pile on him with Harry.

Keita laughed gently. “So you're taking care of all three today?”

Hiei gave a small shrug. “Sakura's parents both work, and Tsuna's parents wanted a week alone.”

“It’s not as though he's watching them alone.” The new, feminine, voice made Arthur jump a bit and he stared at the tall brunette beauty that appeared in the opposite doorway. “Hiei-ni can't cook and I didn't have classes today so I'm making sure everyone has something good to eat.”

“Makoto-san!” Keita grinned. “It’s good to see you again. Please give my cousin my regards and tell him we need to get together for lunch again.”

Makoto blushed a little. “It’s not like you can't call him yourself.” She smiled however. “You're in time for tea and cake if you'd like.”

At the word 'cake' all three children perked up, eyes wide and staring at the young woman in hope. “Cake?” Harry...Hari. Arthur had to remember the boy's name was Hari now. Hari asked her.

“Yep, but you'll have to eat in the kitchen with me.”

Hari looked to Hiei-san who nodded, and then all three toddlers were following Makoto to the kitchen. Arthur was glad to see the boy doing so well...then shuddered when those red eyes focused on him so fiercely.

“So, what have you come to say?”

“You said you received a letter from Joyce Summers?”

Hiei-san nodded. “Yes, what of it?”

“She told you of the Blanc Clan?”

“She did, how do you know of her, or her clan?”

“I might have gotten a look at the Kuwabara Family Tree in the records room...when I did I contacted my old friend Rupert.”

“Giles Rupert.” Keita clarified. “It seems he's a Watcher for Summers Buffy. Joyce-san's daughter.”

“Watcher?”

“Buffy-san is a Vampire Slayer.”

Hiei frowned. “That's unfortunate...Slayers never last long. Protecting her from her mother's clan is one thing...I don't know that we can protect her from her destiny to die.”

“Well that's the thing, after calling Rupert and telling him what I'd found out he contacted me. Buffy Summers isn't acting alone. The Infamous Kuwabara trait runs strong in her, and two cousins. They drew together and became friends and allies before they were even aware they were family.”

“Oh?”

“Alexander Harris and Willow Rosenberg,” Arthur told him. “It seems they're helping her on the Hellmouth.”

Hiei-san's eyes widened at that. “Hellmouth? They're on a Hellmouth?”

Keita chuckled. “It seems Summers Joyce and Harris Jessica both decided to hide there, and even used the same secret keeper. Another Kuwabara quirk I think.”

“It certainly sounds like it. You're going to stay long enough to tell Kazuma this yourself?”

“If I'm welcome,” Arthur told him.

“Makoto! We'll take our cake and tea in here.”

“I thought as much!”

XXX