Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Rains ❯ Some Kind of Miracle ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

2.) Some Kind Of Miracle
 
When Rei woke to the light of the sun against his face. He remembered Rin screaming. Pain shot through his back as he picked himself up as fast as he could. He winced, but was determined to find Rin. He quietly opened the door to Cole's room. Rei saw Rin curled up in the corner with tears down her face. She looked peaceful as she slept. Though he knew what the sick bastard did to her. Rei walked back into the kitchen and grabbed the largest knife he could find.
"That sick bastard hurt my Rin." Rei said to himself heading back to Cole's room. He walked over to Rin and gently shook her arm.
"Rei, your okay." Rin said smiling, and looking up at him with her golden eyes. He noticed that something was missing, the glow that use to be in her eyes, it was no longer there.
"Yes, I'm okay," he said, smiling down at her. "Here put this over your head, and what ever you do don't look." He looked at her with a serious look in his eyes. She nodded and put the blanket over her head. Rei lifted Rin up in his arms and carried her out of the room, ignoring the pain throughout his back. He set her on the couch, and removed the blanket.
"Are you okay?" Rei asked her. She looked up at him and nodded. She placed her hand on his forehead.
"Your still burning up, you should really... " but she was cut off by his lips against hers. Her eyes widen as he pulled away.
"I told you don't worry about me," he said, "stay hear and whatever you do don't move." Rei began to walk back to Cole's room.
"Rei!" Rin shouted, looking back at him. He turned to face her. "I... I.. love you." Rin said, staring at him. He looked down at the knife.
"I love you too," he replied, as he walked into Cole's room. Rei stood over Cole with the knife in his hand.
"This is for Rin. You bastard!" Rei whispered, before stabbing the knife though Cole's heart. Cole's eyes shot open as blood dripped out of his mouth.
"You damn kid.." Cole coughed out spraying Rei with blood. Turning away from Cole, Rei ran the knife across his wrist. Rei then dropped the knife at the side of the bed and left the room. Rin looked up at Rei and smiled. He smiled back, and lifted her up...