Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight's Song ❯ Midnight's Song ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: The only things I own are Kairo and the story.

Kairo Pathyn wandered the streets of Japan in search of a lover for the evening. Her skin felt dry and weak, her heart beat only slowly. Each step she took, was more effort than it should have been. Her whole body felt as if age was beginning to take its toll and wrestle from her the hard stolen youth she wore. The skin of her face and hands were beginning to wrinkle and sag with age. She had not feed in days.

The air was crisp in her lungs and she shivered as it tore through her chest like icy burning. Her breath fogged out before her, and she stumbled a little. She doubted she would make it to find another lover to fulfil her, and so she slipped a hood over her head and slipped into the nearest restaurant. Silently she slid up to the bar, and ordered a drink. Two men sat to her left; she easily sifted through their thoughts. They had been drinking for about an hour. Perfect. She slid a hand to the nearest one's thigh, and squeezed gently. He turned to her, face confused. With a flick of her head, perfect brown curls spilled from her hood, leaving her face still hidden.

"Uh, can I help you?" he muttered.

Kairo cleared her throat softly, and said in a deep whisper, "I was wondering if you knew the time…" Her voice carried with it a thousand dark promises, of tangled sheets and heated flesh. The man reacted, as she had known he would. He scrambled to check his watch.

"It's 11:34 ma'am," he replied at last. Kairo chuckled in that same deep voice, and ran her fingers absently up and down his inner leg. She felt the fabric of his pants grow taught as she stroked him, just a little further over and…

Kairo laughed joyfully. That slight taste had been enough, she felt it thrum through her, filling her eyes and lips, tightening her skin and lending its strength to her muscles. It would not last, of course, without a proper feeding, but for now it was enough.

Bewildered, the man reached out and slid the hood from her head. Her face tilted to the floor, she gazed up at him from that angle, her perfect umber curls spilling wildly around her face, framing two glittering rich blue eyes. A perfect youthful hand caressed his face and she planted a kiss on his forehead before getting up and leaving.

Outside she let her laughter spill like liquid joy from her lips and stretched her arms out in the pale fall of moonlight, twirling like a child in a meadow. She danced down the street at last feeling well enough to begin her true hunt. She danced because it was beautiful, and that which is beautiful cannot truly be evil…can it?

***

The demon watched the forest from the top branch of a tree in the park just outside the city. He never cared much for the noise and harsh fluorescent lighting that shattered the very air and made it all feel so very false. His usual companions had gone to the city to dance tonight, and he had decided to stay here in the forest surrounded by the comforting press of night and moonlight, with only the sound of the crickets in their midnight serenaded to weave through stillness.

He saw her long before she was close enough to make out her form. She moved through the night as if she were merely a part of it, bending around the starlight. She flowed from one moment to the next like a dream or a thought, and his eyes were captured. She wore dirty beggars rags, but the body beneath them was clean and plush with vibrancy. He wanted to reach out and touch her, see if her pale skin was as soft as it appeared, if those lips were as sweet as they looked.

He shook his head thinking, Get a hold of yourself, Hiei. She is just a girl. But watching her he could not bring himself to believe it. She was like starlight made flesh and form and it made his breath catch. She stopped just below his tree, and looked up. Her eyes were blue like the sky at twilight. He licked his suddenly dry lips. She seemed to be searching the tree, like she knew he was there, but not exactly where. In a familiar gesture of defiance she placed her hands on her hips and frowned.

"Who is it then?" she demanded.

Hiei's hand went to his katana and with a swift jump, landed in front of her. She gave him a considering look. The smile that curled on her lips and heated her eyes said plainly that she was thinking what he would look like beneath that coat and she was betting he tasted good. He blushed at that look on her face, and was thankful it was too dark to see. Kairo's grin widened as she brushed past him. She twisted around to see him still watching her, and crooked a finger. The implied follow me seemed to float through the air and grip him, and he followed.

As he followed she danced, and it seemed to Hiei that she would dance forever to whatever unheard music moved her now. Perhaps it was simply the song of the nighttime with its stars and darkness, something felt rather than heard. Whatever it was, he longed to hear it too. She stopped in the clearing and again crooked a finger at him, this time saying aloud, "Come to me."

Hiei walked forward like a man possessed, filled with the need to keep moving, despite years of keeping people away, of holding up that distance. He could not keep her away, and it was as if his body had a will of its own, to learn this dance, to hear this silent music. By the time he reached her she knelt in the soft grass, arms outstretched. He fell to his knees in her embrace and when she wrapped him in her arms he clung to her as if all the world was dissolving, and she were the only thing solid, the only thing real.

"Will you fill me?" she asked, voice deep and whispery. He shuddered, and nodded. She pressed her lips to his, and she tasted like honey, warm and thick sliding down his throat, chasing away the chill inside of him, and he moaned into her mouth.

Her fingers worked expertly at the clasp of his coat, and when it fell away she spilled her hands over his chest, still devouring his mouth. She broke this kiss first leaving Hiei gasping from the suddenness, but the taste of warm honey clung to his lips as he licked them. Her mouth had moved lower, planted gentle kisses on his bare skin, the faintest whisper of lips, to the delicate flesh over his belly button. She bit it gently, drawing a gasp from him, and licked her way back up, taking each of his nipples into her mouth individually, coaxing them to erection. Another helpless moan passed his lips, and the sound brought him back to himself a little. He looked at her licking along his skin, and as if she felt his gaze she rolled her eyes up to him.

He wrapped his fingers around her arms and pulled her against him for another kiss, this time harsher, exploring her with everything, lips, tongue, teeth, and at last he drew that same helpless sound from her lips, and swallowed it down. Still working her mouth, he lay her down in the grass and collapsed on top of her. He pushed himself back enough to grab the tattered fabric around her and slide it over her head. For just a moment she lay there, nude and perfect-waiting. She leaned forward and licked his stomach, making him shiver, and gently nibbled along the line of flesh at his pants.

A sound too primal to be called a growl rose from his throat, and Kairo did away with the offending piece of cloth. He lowered himself over her again, and she opened herself to him, thrusting her hips forward just a little, encouraging him to proceed. He thrust inside of her so quickly it tore a scream from her lips and she arched her back. He waited, until she looked at him, and the look in her eyes was enough. Slowly, he pulled himself free, so slowly it made her writhe beneath him. Soft noises were seeping from her now, and she clung to him desperately. He drove himself in hard again, pressed his lips to hers at the same moment, swallowing her screams. He began his rhythm in earnest, thrusting ferociously in and out of her body, as she lifted her hips to meet him. They where both moaning against each other's lips and neck and chest.

Hiei lowered those perfect lips to her breast, and filled his mouth with it, cupping the other in his hand while his hips still ground her into the earth as if they might plow right though her. She writhed and bucked against him, and his lips met hers again. The orgasm burst over them like liquid fire, spilling from their lips as cries and shivering through them. Hiei collapsed on top of Kairo, panting heavily, and she shuddered with an after shock.

She chuckled into his hair and kissed the top of his head. "Oh my dear, demon." The power prickled across her skin, through her veins and she whispered one word, "Sleep."

***

When he awoke he was in the tree again, one foot dangling, swinging lazily. It was as if it had been a dream, but he didn't doubt it had happened. Instead he settled himself more firmly on the branch and slipped back into slumber.

Elsewhere in the streets of Japan, Kairo danced, full of sex and moonlight, and her joyful laughter spilled from her lips, and the air around her tasted like warm honey.