Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Misunderstanding ❯ Part Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Misunderstanding
Part Two
 
Kurama slowly opened his eyes, only to squeeze them shut again in a horrible attempt to block out the piercing light. He rolled over and tried to go back to sleep, but a pounding on his apartment door kept him from doing so. Already knowing who it could possibly be, he got out of bed slowly and got dressed. More pounding soon followed and he quickly brushed his hair as he ran towards the door. Unlocking it, he opened the door and was greeted by his mother.
“Hello kaa-san,” he answered smiling. “How are you?”
“I'm fine Shuuichi,” she said stepping inside. Following closely behind her was a short girl with strawberry blonde hair.
“Well hello Kagura, I've not seen you in a while.” Kagura, which was Kurama's cousin, said nothing and slowly walked over and sat on the couch.
“I'm sorry Shuuichi, but could you watch her? Her mother dropped her off this morning, but she hasn't said a word. Work called and they need me to come in immediately. I didn't know what to do so, I brought her here.”
“Kaa-san, you know you don't have to ask. I'd love to watch over her until you get back.”
“Thank you Shuuichi.” After giving him the emergency numbers, Shiori left his apartment and headed to the hospital that she worked for.
“Well Kagura, what would you like to do for the time being?” Her sparkling blue eyes looked at him with pain and sadness. Kurama walked over and sat next to her. “All right, what's wrong? Maybe I can help you.”
Suddenly, she jumped up and ran to his bedroom and collapsed on the bed with her arms folded neatly under her head. Letting out a heavy sigh, Kurama followed her and sat on the bed near her head.
“Please Kagura, I want to help you. But I can't help you if I can't see your pretty face.”
She looked up at him with tear soaked eyes. His heart clenched slightly in his chest, suddenly regretting what he said. Letting out a small whimper she moved her head to his lap and was content just sitting there crying in his lap. Kurama began to run his hands through her hair when there was a hesitant tap at the window. He looked back to see what it was, but nothing was there.
Perhaps it was the tree. The wind is starting to pick up. Look's like we're going to be in for a long hard rain.
“My lover,” said Kagura as quietly as anyone could. “They left me.”
“I'm sure that he was a waste of your time,” he replied attempting to comfort her.
“No, Sheila wasn't a waste of my time. She said she didn't love me anymore and left.”
“I'm sorry,” Kurama blushed slightly hearing that is was actually a she. “It's okay if she doesn't love you anymore. People fall in and out of love all the time. It's just human nature. Besides, I'm sure you'll find someone you love with all your heart soon.”
“You mean it?” She questioned looking at him. His answer was a smile that was reserved for family and a certain fire youkai only. “Have you found your true love?”
“Actually yes, I have.”
Just then Kurama felt a horrible pain in his chest. Something was wrong with Hiei. He could just feel it. Earlier he could have sworn he felt his youki nearby, when Kagura was crying in his….
Oh no. He must've thought something else. I have to go find him, otherwise I'll lose him!
Kurama slowly began to stand up as his thoughts got worse and worse. He realized that he was supposed to keep watch over Kagura.
“Kagura I need you to do me a favor. I need you to call my kaa-san and tell her I have to leave. Something important has come up and I can't watch you.”
“All right.” Kurama then ran out the door as fast as he could.
*~*~*
Tiredly he sat down on a bench. The rain had yet to let up and Kurama was soaked to the bone, but he didn't care. He refused to stop looking for Hiei. Suddenly, he felt his love's youki close by.
“The bar…” he whispered.
He began running towards the bar, tears threatening his vision. When he began to turn the corner he bumped into someone which caused both of them to fall. The tears threatening to fall exploded forth down his cheeks as he found what he was looking for.
“Hiei?” he chocked out. Crimson red eyes opened a little shocked to see him.
“Kurama?” he replied.