Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Misunderstanding ❯ Waiting for a Goodbye Kiss ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

This is my 1st fanfic and I need a lot of feedback. If you don't like it, please try constructive criticism. I'd appreciate it. Review, review and review all you want please!

*^_^*

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters and all that stuff…

"Yukina?"

She was knocked out of her daydream as her date called out her name, and saw concerned eyes peer at her.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I am… I'm sorry, Hiei."

Hiei cast his ruby eyes down again, cursing himself for being such a coward.

He should tell her, according to his best friend, Kurama. The half-koorime sighed and ran his fingers through his unruly, jet-black hair.

`Easier said than done, kitsune' He thought, imagining the message somehow reached the pretty redhead.

Yukina walked along beside the disgruntled spirit detective, taking in the beauty of the park. She often had dates with her Hiei like this. Always quiet. They walked around the park in silence, which was only broken a few times by Hiei, who seemed like he was trying to tell her something. It was obviously something very important.

Always being the patient one, she resolved to wait until he decided he would tell her. But that didn't stop her from dreaming. And in her dreams, her boyfriend would tell her he loved her and would ask her to marry him.

`Okay, I think I went a bit too far there.' Not only was she too young (Well, for a demon), she knew Hiei wasn't the type to do such a rash thing, especially since they've only known each other for a short time. She and Hiei had made an instant connection and Yukina knew that only she, and maybe Kurama too, could actually get Hiei's genuine attention. Yukina knew she was important to Hiei and the feeling was mutual. There was nothing else it could be except love.

They reached the end of the path and found themselves at the gate. Yukina and Hiei exchanged goodbyes and Hiei disappeared with unimaginable speed, just as Yukina expected. She wasn't offended at all by the abrupt end of the date. Any other girl would hve cried her eyes out, wailing because she hadn't gotten that longed goodbye kiss. Yukina didn't mind, she knew that this was just Hiei's way. And well the longer she waited for that kiss, the more delicious it will be when it comes.

Hiei watched her from a tree far away with his Jagan. For weeks he had been trying to tell her his ultimate secret and for weeks, he had failed. This one was no different. Dreading the scolding he will get from Kurama when he tells him of his report, he glanced one more time at his twin sister before he hurried away, leaving a black tear gem behind.