Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Misunderstanding ❯ The "Truth" ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ch. 10: The "Truth"

***************************

"Ready?"

"Ready!"

______________________

Kurama quickly abandoned his homework to answer the ringing doorbell. When he opened the door, he saw a sight he didn't expect.

Yukina stepped close to him. Too close for comfort, actually. Her eyes were full with tears. Behind her stood an uncomfortable Hiei, shifting one foot to another.

"Oh Kurama!!" Yukina cried and suddenly dived into his arms; tear gems ran down his new shirt. "I know the truth. You should've told me! You should've told me!" she sniffed.

Yukina looked up adoringly to a very surprised and confused Kurama.

"I thought I already………………"

"Oh Kurama. I know what you told me and why you did. Hiei told me everything!"

"And what, exactly, did Hiei tell you?" Kurama suspiciously glared at the even more uncomfortable Hiei.

"Why, that you were my long lost twin brother!! Oh, I have searched so many years for you! And you were right there in front of my nose! I feel so stupid! Hiei told me that you couldn't bear to tell me because you thought you were undeserving. You thought you were in too much of a weak state being trapped in a human body and all. But brother, brother, brother, I will always love you and be proud of you!"

"But……….."

Yukina ignored him. She pushed herself away from him. "But how could you do this to me! You knew the pain I was in and not once did you even TRY to tell me. Thank the gods for Hiei or or or………." Yukina threw up her hands in despair. She then glared at him with such dangerous force that made Kurama cower.

`Where is that damn demon?!" Kurama cursed. `When I get through with him I swear he will wish he had accepted that execution Koenma threatened him with!'

A slap rang through the air. And the screaming commenced.

"How DARE you let your mind wander when I am confessing my feelings to you! Maybe Hiei was wrong. Maybe you didn't tell me I was your sister because you didn't WANT me as your sister!" she wailed.

"Yukina….." Kurama whispered her name in his shock.

"I don't want to hear it! I am out of here! All of those years searching and hoping!" she slapped him once more on the other cheek, stomped off and slammed the door with a fury.

"Oh, when I get my hands on that that… Agh! Hieeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiii!!!!"

_____________________

Yukina panted as she arrived at their meeting place.

"Did I do well?"

"You did wonderfully, Yukina! I didn't know you were such a great actress!" Hiei praised.

A small blush stained her cheeks.

"Well. I admit it was quite a bit of fun. But, I did feel bad though when I slapped him……"

Hiei's eyes grew. " You slapped him?" he asked breathless.

"Y….Y………Yes… Twice." Yukina announced shyly.

Hiei burst into laughter. "Oh man, and to think I missed THAT! Too bad I had to leave the place to laugh! That's hilarious!"

Yukina joined in with her own sweet laughter with Hiei's strange and unfamiliar one. We all know one doesn't hear Hiei laugh more than once in a lifetime, and Yukina felt brilliant hearing his.

When the laughing died out, Yukina and Hiei walked side by side down the path in the park where we first began our story.

"This was a lot of fun, Yukina. Thank you for doing this."

"It was a good experience for me, Hiei. But tell me, are you going to tell Kurama of our prank tomorrow? I don't want him to think those slaps were genuine."

"Yukina, I will tell him eventually. After my turn."

*******************************

*^o-*