Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mute ❯ Unspoken ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: obviously I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho.
 
Author's note: recently I found that someone has copied this story from me off of another site that I post on. So I decided to put up the real thing since the original fiction is obviously better than the duplicate. Just a note to other authors out there…don't steal, eventually the other person will find out about it…and they'll be pissed.
 
 
Unspoken
 
 
It had been only half a day and a night since the demon had seen the small child.
And now he was on his way to see her again.
Hiei shoved his hands deeper into the depths of his pant pockets, being that the Niobi girl still had his long coat. The fox was right beside him, sometimes looking down at the small demon, trying to start a conversation.
But the half koorime was in no mood to entertain the red head's annoyingly polite tendencies.
The others had tried talking to him as well. And the small demon could have sworn that Kuwabara was being even more aggravating than usual, almost as if he were trying to pull Hiei into a fight with him.
With every step towards Genkai's temple, the half koorime was getting more frustrated…and the strange thing was…he didn't know why.
He growled to himself a decided that he was just going to be in a bad mood for the rest of the day.
“Genkai said something's wrong with the girl,” said the bright ferry girl as she walked, informing them as always in her perky voice.
Hiei instantly tuned his attentions on her.
His change in demeanor did not go unnoticed by the fox.
Indeed Kurama had started to worry about his friend. The red head suspected that the smaller demon had become too attached to the child, but he had refrained from saying anything incase he had been mistaken.
Yusuke was having the same suspicions.
And so was Kuwabara.
Botan brushed a strand of vibrantly blue hair from her pale features before chirping, “Genkai kept going on about things to Koenma, and I didn't hear much of it…but from what I understand, the girl won't even come out from under the bed!”
All four boys had a flashback of how the small thing had curled herself under the bed when they had come for her. The images still made Kurama sick and the fox immediately forgave the half koorime for caring about the child.
After all, Hiei was not so cold that he could turn his back on such an abused child.
Kuwabara had silently come to the same conclusion as he sneaked a peek at the short demon.
Only Yusuke remained uncertain.
It wasn't long before they had reached Genkai's dojo. The small master was waiting for them on the very tall steps leading to her temple.
When they reached her, they saw that she looked even more worn than usual and she was smoking, which…actually wasn't unusual for her.
Genkai wasted little time in pleasantries before leading them all into the room she had left for the child to take as her own.
The plan had been to let the master Genkai train the girl so she could eventually become a detective. But upon discovering the child's disabilities, neither the master nor the Lord Koenma could think of what to do with her.
Obviously bringing her back home was out of the question.
The young Prince of the Reikai had informed them that morning that the child's family was dead. At that point all eyes had shifted somewhat discreetly in Hiei's direction.
And now they did so again.
Genkai entered the room first, followed by Yusuke, then Botan, then Kuwabara, and then the fox. Hiei clenched his teeth together and prepared an extra special glare for anyone who might look his way as he came in last.
The ferry girl was already trying to wedge her body underneath the mattress of the futon, cooing futilely to the hidden child.
The mixed breed uttered a low growl of annoyance that the fox quickly picked up on.
Kurama watched his smaller friend carefully. He knew all too well that the half koorime didn't necessarily like the bubbly blue-haired Botan…but growling at her? The fox thought that was a bit much.
The pretty red head hid his smile and watched as Yusuke and the oar-bearing deity soon broke into a fight as to how to get Niobi out.
Kuwabara and the Detective agreed that they should just move the bed aside so the girl had nothing to crawl under.
Master Genkai rolled her eyes at this idea and tactfully advised Botan, the fox, and Hiei to retreat a few steps.
After following the tiny master's commands, the half koorime watched as the idiots then proceeded to lift the bed.
Genkai closed her eyes and smirked as the two managed to get the mattress a foot off the ground before freezing where they stood.
There was a short pause before the realization came that, it wasn't that Yusuke and Kuwabara didn't move…but rather, that they couldn't move.
Genkai took a long drag of her cigarette before informing them of what had just happened.
“I don't know what type of demon she's mixed with, but her spirit energy is strange. When I first sensed her, she seemed to have no you-ki, but you can see I was wrong.”
Botan had wasted no time in testing the boundaries of Niobi's powers and was now poking both Yusuke and Kuwabara while giggling when she discovered they could only glare at her.
Kurama seemed fascinated by this new development, “So she can still a body when she pleases?”
Genkai shook her hair as her brow furrowed, “No, it's more than that. She's holding back now. Before, when I tried to move the bedding as well, she seemed to completely freeze time. I only realized it after she let me go. Two hours had passed.”
“I've never heard of a demon that can freeze someone's personal time,” said Kurama quietly.
Hiei tuned everyone out as his mind began to race. He tried thinking of every demon he had come in contact with since he could remember….
No, he had never even heard of someone with this kind of power.
After a few more minutes Yusuke and Kuwabara were very suddenly and violently lifted and thrown by an unseen force into the papered walls that crashed from their combined weight.
Genkai watched this with a bored expression as she blew smoke from her nostrils.
With Botan's questioning look, the master answered, “The kid also seems to have very strong telekinetic abilities.”
The bed the two boys had previously been lifting hovered in the air for a moment before slowly settling back down over the unseen girl.
Hiei's smirk broadened and he chuckled at the incredulous looks both Kuwabara and Yusuke wore on their faces as they sat up from the remains of the wall.
With a careful cock of his head, the half koorime stepped closer to the bed, making sure that his steps were firm. He paused a few feet from the futon and reached his booted foot out.
He tapped only a few times before the small child scrambled out from under her hiding spot.
Hiei's actions were met with surprised stares as the girl sat at his feet with her arms raised above her head.
The half koorime eyed the tiny Niobi as she sat in front of him.
She really was lovely.
And she was also still wearing his cloak and nothing else….
His eyes narrowed at this fact as he picked the girl up under her arms and held her away from him. He stared at her body, noticing that she had donned his cloak the proper way. But since she was much smaller than he was, the clothing didn't quite fit her. The sleeves were pushed up along her arms and the hidden buttons were undone, allowing the demon to glimpse at her bare flesh.
He bit his tongue to keep from groaning at the sight she offered him.
She smiled brilliantly and Hiei couldn't help but smile back…even if his own smile was slightly hidden from the others and more of a smirk than anything else.
He stared deeply at her, drinking in her look and feel and smell….
How could he have forgotten how beautiful she was in the light?
“That's a neat trick,” said Genkai dryly as she flicked her spent cigarette outside of the opened window.
Hiei instantly glared at her.
“It's how her brother let her know it was safe, I assume she will only come if she recognizes the vibration of the person calling on her,” said the fox evenly.
The master nodded as she observed the child.
“Now I remember why I hate kids,” Yusuke snapped lowly as he and Kuwabara stood a careful distance away from Niobi.
“Oh, I still think she's adorable!” chirped Botan as she clasped her hands together.
Kuwabara narrowed his eyes in confusion, “Wait…if she's had these powers before why didn't she use them?”
The fox nodded, “Yes, I was wondering the same.”
“What do you mean?” asked Botan.
Genkai lit another cigarette before saying, “They mean, that if this girl had these powers when she was being abused, why didn't she use them to protect herself?”
There was a short pause as all eyes turned to the small child wriggling in Hiei's outstretched arms.
She blinked and then let out a slow whine in the depths of her throat as she reached for Hiei's body with her slender arms.
The half koorime's smirk broadened even more with the knowledge that she wanted to touch him as badly as he wanted to touch her.
He almost dropped the small thing as that thought came to him.
He pulled her to his chest to hide his sudden startled disposition.
She laughed gleefully and wrapped her limbs tightly around his body in one fluid motion.
Hiei temporarily forgot about the others as she did this and he chuckled when he held his arms out beside him. She was holding on so firmly, that she didn't need his support to keep her on his upper body.
And she smelled like oncoming rain and thunder.
The others were trading glances, or talking, or trying to ignore the demon and child.
But Hiei didn't care or notice.
No, his world currently resided in the small child's eyes.
He could drown himself there, in her gaze.
 
~~~~
 
Not much later, the gang had left the dojo on another monotonous mission in the Makai.
Yet another demon had escaped some prison and they were sent out to capture it.
But Hiei couldn't stop thinking about the girl.
Why hadn't he known of her powers?
Why was her you-ki so weak if she was so strong?
Why didn't her brother tell them of her abilities?
Did the brother even know?
His thoughts cost him a quick swipe of a blade the demon criminal carried. He loped off the thing's head in retaliation.
While Yusuke informed Koenma that the said demon had been destroyed, the half koorime growled at the wound on his chest.
He shrugged off the fox's attempts at helping him and leapt off into one of the tall branches, waiting for the Detective to lead them back to the Ningenkai.
It was then that it finally occurred to him.
No, the Niobi child had no powers that could still a body or move a body.
But the Jagan eye did….
_______________________________
 
Author's note: Go read my other story `The Don Juan DeMarco of the Demon World', I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
 
Ahem…roses are red,
Violets are blue,
If you would like to read more,
Then fucking review.