Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ My "Biography" of Youko Kurama ❯ The First Heist ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The First Heist
 
The two followed Kuronue's directions to his would-be master's home. Kurama hid himself in the trees, and Kuronue grabbed his arm, trying to staunch the bleeding. He fell against the door, feigning mortality, and slumped to the ground.
A stern-looking maid opened the door, and looked down at the pitiful creature before her.
“No, we will not help you. I don't care if you're lost or if you're only trying to provide for your insanely large family. Get out of here now.” she recited before she noticed the bat's startling beauty. She blushed, and Kurama knew that they'd won her over in a heartbeat. Kuronue looked up painfully.
“Please. Master Shiro told me to come here and wait for him. He said that the thieves wouldn't be able to defeat him. I tried to save him, but—” At that moment, Kuronue broke down, covering his mouth with his free hand and sobbing as a woman might. The maid's eyes softened, and she took his uninjured arm, gently taking him inside. Kurama closed his eyes, and focused on the bat's energy. It moved around in a half-circle, and started to ascend. Kurama noted the route and programmed it into his mind, waiting for the signal that Kuronue was ready for him.
They'd come up with a plan beforehand: Kuronue finds the treasure-room, lowers his energy and faints, and then mysteriously wakes just in time to distract everyone. Meanwhile, Kurama sneaks in, grabs the treasure, kills a few people, and leaves. Kuronue kills all that Kurama doesn't, and they're out of there. Hopefully.
Of course, Kurama was also coming up with backup plans, just in case. He selected one just as Kuronue stopped moving. Then, it was time to focus. Kurama sensed his slight fear, and flitted around, finding a convenient window that provided a perfect view of Kuronue with the stern maid on top of him. Well, that's awkward. Kurama noted, hoping that he'd still take advantage of it despite his discomfort.
He did. Kuronue's lips moved frantically, and the maid pouted playfully before getting up. Kurama couldn't help but notice how open her kimono was… and how utterly cute her cat-tail was. However, he shook the thoughts and wants from his head as they began moving once more.
 
Kurama waited.
 
Kuronue fainted. Right on schedule. Kurama began to move as the maid moved him to the hall, seeming to call for help from the others. Many presences gathered, and Kurama could sense no others in the house present near Kuronue's site of weakness. Kurama snuck in, and went to the room. Treasure. Gold. Silver. It was all there, and Kurama got as many flower-full's as he could.
When he'd gotten as much as possible, he left the place, and ran down-stairs, getting as close to his new partner as he dared.
“Rosewhip!” he yelled, brandishing the relatively new weapon dangerously. Random bamboo plants sprung up around him, and his favorite weapon was in his hand once more, the whip abandoned on the ground. He heard Kuronue fighting, and killed many quickly. After meeting up with his partner and noticing his lack of even scratches, he smirked, and they ran.