Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ My Love to Remember ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
I do not own YuYu Hakusho or it’s characters. I DO own Nariko Tamayuki


YuYu Hakusho
My Love to Remember
Prologue


There’s a pulsing, throbbing pain on the back of my head. My hands and feet are numb with cold. I can’t move any of my limbs.

With that realization, I became aware that I was lying on a bed, with the soft, warm press of a blanket covering me. I tried to open my eyes to see my surroundings, but my eyelids were so heavy… I just want to let go and let this soft warmth envelop me.

The soft murmur of voices dragged me back. I turned my head in their direction, trying to make out the words.

“ Thank you for bringing her in, who knows what might have happened to her on a night this cold,” a voice murmured softly.

“It was no trouble, has anyone found out who she is?” a second voice whispered.

“No, we can only hope she’ll wake soon,” the first voice answered.

“Look! She’s stirring,” the second voice murmured urgently.

“Hey darlin’, are you awake?” the first voice said from someplace nearby. “What’s your name sweetheart?”

What WAS my name? I can’t say I really knew, but I blurted out the first thing that came to mind. “ Nariko, my name is Nariko Tamayuki,” I murmured hoarsely, and suddenly I knew that I was right. I am Nariko. It just felt so right.

“Where do you live? Is there anybody we can call to come get you?” the voice persisted.

Was there anybody? If there was, I couldn’t remember… “No,” I answered after awhile. I was aware that the voice said something else, but I couldn’t concentrate anymore. I felt myself slipping away, darkness creeping in from the edges of my mind, coming in to wrap me in its comforting warmth. The sensation of being enveloped in warmth was so familiar, so safe, like being enveloped by two warm, strong arms. Arms that belonged to someone that I knew would never let anything hurt me and would stay with me as my eyelids grew heavy and I sank into the blessed darkness…