Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ My Naga Knight ❯ EndNotes

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The endnote section—yay—a moment where I get to ramble about the story.
 
I decided to work on a story like this after the idea dawned upon me a few years ago when I was in my BUS102 or so class. I drew a picture of Jin as a snake demon, eyeing the `unknown OC' at the time, drawing at a tree. It was from there, I dabbled a little bit and even wrote a snippet from the story (that was used within the story—it was the part where Neda claimed Jin was going to eat her and what a liar he was), and after watching The Little Mermaid, I had to go through with it.
 
I apologize if people view Jin as being completely OOC, but to be fair, Jin and Touya and all the other minor characters in YYH aren't really given that much of a back story line to flow on that I feel it is fair that you can be as whimsical as you want with their personalities. You do hardly see them much, and who is to say how they act is right or wrong; especially, if situations are different from what they are in the anime? I do know that Jin is a carefree and happy kind of guy, but he strikes me as, not only a noble person after he fights with Yusuke, but also a bit of a child if he cannot have things his way. Also, it was stated that Jin was almost the age of a child when Lily first found him, meaning, he wasn't going to act like an adult—thus some of his childlike attitudes he displays within the story AKA crying, acting submissive to older figures, ect.
 
Also, I apologize if some people were fixated on the fact he was ever Irish in this story. When I said he came from the east, it meant, he came from Japan. Not once was it ever to suggest that he was Irish. Yes, he is Irish in the English dub, but he is also Northern Japanese in the subtitled version.
 
The ending of the story could mean anything, by the by. It could mean Neda was dreaming again or Jin returned, as the Gods/Koenma or whoever was merciful enough to give him that chance. It is all up to the readers to kind of decide whichever they want.
 
The reason I made them into snake demons was because, duh, I love snakes/nagas. They are the most epic things ever!
 
And yes, Chaos, I do love the whole Cinderella midnight kind of magic. XD Hehe I felt it would be perfect for this story, which was loosely based off of a Disney film.
 
The things that changed within the story were: Lily's placement within it. At first, I was going to have her remain in Eytheria Castle Town even after 12 years went by. When Neda was going to be `going out' with Jin in human form, she was going to drop by the blind woman's house to show off Jin and have Lily be confused as to what occurred with the demon.
 
Lily was also not supposed to die. She was supposed to be there with Jin when the knights converged upon his nesting site while Neda was in labor. She was supposed to be the one to preach about what a kind demon he was. However, her death was to bring Neda and Jin closer together.
 
Norris was also supposed to be there at Jin's side, almost to insinuate that Jin already had his `nest' full of people he loved—Norris, Neda, and Lily. But I withdrew the thought as Neda wanted Jin to be monogamous.
 
Kurama wasn't supposed to be there to block the knights from reaching Jin and Neda. Jin was supposed to ward them off himself with threatening hisses and such while Neda gave birth to their son. After the child was born, the knights were going to attack the child only to ram Jin through with a sword, when the demon intervenes, and kill him instantly.
 
Jin wasn't supposed to leave Cormac Farm after the incident that occurred 12 years ago. He was supposed to be there to watch Neda grow up into a woman and, over time, fall in love with her. The love for her was supposed to be what drove him to transforming into a human. However, I felt that his desire to be heard on behalf of the demon race was good enough.
 
It was supposed to be winter the night Jin transformed back into a demon—not summer. In the snippet I made, Neda actually bundled up because of the cold, winter air.
 
Jin and Neda were actually supposed to have a night of passion after their conversation on the porch to have her experience that form of love making in Jin's demon form. I was just in such a rush to finish the story, after it had been out for so many years, I didn't bother with it. Maybe when I add a bit more to it later in my life, haha, before printing it out, I will add that back in. I don't know. If I do or not, it won't meet public eyes, I am sure.
 
Thane and Silver were created on a whim. I never expected Thane to play a supporting role within the story, or Silver to have an impact on Jin. (Can you tell I just fly by the seat of my pants? XB) When I did create, Thane, however, I did picture the moment where the two (Jin and Thane) would become close friends after being at odds with one another.
 
I appreciate all of you who stuck with the story. It meant a great deal to me. I was so eager to finish this one up, because I had so much time to do it while I am in the process of job hunting. Suffice to say, I am trying to get these fics done, so that I can actually work on novels. I think I've done fanfics for enough time and they, as well as you all, have given me enough motivation to work on my own worlds. 8)
 
Thank you all once again! Now to work on Wind Knoll's Curse! W00t!
 
~Oreana