Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mysteries of the Past and Present ❯ Explanations And... SWEET SNOW?!?! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mysteries Of Past And Present
 
By Youkai Koinu
 
Chapter 2
 
“K-Kuronue?!” Kurama asked in disbelief.
 
“Yeah…” Kasumi said like it was the most obvious thing ever. She was seriously starting to wonder about this guy. He seemed a little… what's the word she was looking for… Ah! Slow. Could this guy really be the Youko Kurama? She wasn't so sure anymore.
 
“The Kuronue that was partners with Youko?” He asked.
 
“Yes…” She answered again. `What's the matter with this guy?' She mentally wondered.
 
“But, he died…” Kurama said slowly. That's when it clicked.
 
“You haven't heard yet, have you?” Kasumi inquired, tilting her head to the side and slightly resembling a dog.
 
“Heard what?”
 
“Kuronue… he never died…” She said quietly. Kurama's eyes widened.
 
“But I saw it happen!! The bamboo went right through his leg…” He said.
 
“Well, yes. But Yomi got him before the bounty hunters, and took him back to his castle. He captured me a few days later while I was out picking herbs for my friend.” Kasumi said with her eyes downcast. “He treats us as slaves. He's going to kill Kuronue if I don't save him, but in order to do that, I need your help.” Kasumi finished quickly.
 
“Why does Yomi wish to kill Kuronue?” Kurama asked. He was having a hard time taking all this in. His partner and closest thing he'd had to a friend as Youko Kurama hadn't died after all. But if he didn't get to him quick enough he'd be killed.
 
“Kuronue's been stealing food from him for us so that we could eat, and he stands up for me when Yomi…” Kasumi stopped suddenly.
 
“When Yomi what?” Kurama asks, curiously.
 
“Nothing.” Kasumi said. There was no way she was going to tell him that.
 
“Okay…” Kurama said unsure. He was really curious, but she obviously didn't want to tell him, so he wouldn't pressure her.
 
“So… will you please help me?” Kasumi asked quietly looking at him with huge silver and purple orbs.
 
“Of course.” Kurama said. `I've failed him once, I won't fail him again.' He swore to himself. “ But first, I'll need to gather some friends to help us. It'll be easier if we have allies.” Kurama explained. “To do that, we'll have to wait until tomorrow. Do we have enough time?”
 
“Yeah. Yomi won't kill Kuronue until Tuesday, which is a week from now. I'd really rather leave now, but it would probably be in our best interest to wait until tomorrow, since that'll give us time to strategize and rest up. Plus, I've got a friend that's… visiting… Ningenkai at the moment, and she'll be a great help.” Kasumi answered. Every second she was away she felt like she was failing her brother.
 
“So it's settled then, we'll wait and leave first thing in the morning.” Kurama offered, standing up from his spot on the floor and offering his hand to Kasumi. Kasumi accepted and stood. “Until then, you can stay here and I'll clean your cuts.”
 
Kasumi blushed when she realized that she had rather large whelps in several places.
 
****----****----****(The Next Morning)****----****----****
 
“KASUMI!!!” Kurama yelled, shaking said girl violently into the waking world.
 
“Uhn…” Kasumi groaned. “10 more minutes please, I really want to finish my sweet snow (ice cream) first.” She mumbled before rolling over and burying her face into the pillow in Kurama's guest bedroom. Kurama chuckled a bit. He decided to try something he learned worked with Hiei.
 
He left the room and walked into the hallway before saying, “Oh my is that the sweet snow truck?”
 
Sure enough half a minute later Kasumi ran out of her door yelling, “Which way did he go, Kurama?! He's not getting away from me this time!” Kurama had to grab her shirt before she flew out of the front door and began searching for the non-existent sweet snow truck.
 
“Calm down, Kasumi. I was kidding there isn't a sweet snow truck.” Kurama said calmly. “But I do have some in my freezer if you'd…” Kurama was cut off as Kasumi ran toward the kitchen in search of sweet snow. (AN: Kurama had shown her around his house last night after taking care of her cuts, which were now healed thanks to her demon blood.)
 
“Hey, Kasumi!” Kurama called after her.
 
“Hm?” Kasumi asked peeking around the corner with a spoon full of sweet snow half way to her lips.
 
“Bring the sweet snow with you so we can go pick up everybody.” He said smiling.
 
“Okay,” Kasumi said grabbing her sweet snow and following him outside to his car.
 
 
(End Chapter)
 
Okay, I know that was a little weird and all, but please bear with me. Please review if you have time, it only takes a second. Constructive Criticism is welcome!
 
Thanks,
Youkai Koinu