Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mysteries of the Past and Present ❯ Keisuke The Wolf Demon ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: I want at least 1 more review before I update again, please. I'm really not asking much, all I ask is that you tell me whether or not you like it. I accept anonymous reviews as well. Seriously though, just something like `I like it,' or `I hate it,' or `It's ok,' so that I know what you guys think about it. Thank you.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own YuYu Hakusho.
 
Mysteries Of The Past And Present
 
By Youkai Koinu and Kaiya43
 
Chapter 5: Keisuke The Wolf Demon
 
“That should be enough, don't you think, Kurama?” Kasumi inquired, holding up a bucket of fish. The group had split up into pairs about an hour ago. Kasumi and Kurama had gone to get fish and water for supper, while Hiei and Mika had gone to gather firewood for a fire. Yusuke and Kuwabara had stayed behind to look after camp.
 
“Yes, I believe that should be enough. Now we just need to get some water.” Kurama replied, picking up an empty bucket and walking toward the stream. They collected three buckets of water, two for drinking and one for putting the fire out, and headed back to camp.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*(Meanwhile…)*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“Ready?” Mika asked Hiei after gathering her share of the firewood.
 
“Hn,” Hiei answered. Mika sighed.
 
“Do you say anything else?”
 
“Hn,” Hiei repeated.
 
“Wait, wait… I think I've heard that one before!” Mika replied sarcastically, causing Hiei to glare at her. Mika laughed and followed Hiei, who had already started back to camp.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*(With Kurama and Kasumi…)*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Kasumi giggled. “So he…” She and Kurama had been walking back to camp talking about raids Kuronue and Kurama had been on, when they abruptly froze upon hearing a rustling noise in the foliage to their right. Her right hand went to the sheathed dagger in the waistband of her shorts. Kurama had the same reaction as he took a rose from his hair.
 
“Show yourself!” Kasumi yelled, all the while staring intensely into the woods. A figure stepped out from behind a tree. As it came closer into view, it revealed itself to be a male of tall stature. He looked to be about 19 or so, meaning that he was about Kasumi and Kurama's age. He had shoulder-length sandy brown hair and clear blue eyes. He also had fuzzy brown ears and a lengthy brown tail.
 
“Keisuke!” Kasumi yelled as recognition dawned on her and she shot toward the boy in a full out sprint. She hugged Keisuke fiercely and he returned the gesture. Kurama just stood there watching them.
 
“You know him, Kasumi?” Kurama asked. Kasumi turned and looked at him cheerfully.
 
“Yup! This is Keisuke, the wolf demon. He's a guard at Yomi's castle, but he always helped me steal food. Of course Yomi doesn't know this. He was also my only friend there besides Kuronue.” Kasumi explained, while Kurama nodded, processing this new information in his head.
 
“Oh, and Keisuke, this is Kurama, Kuronue's old partner in crime.” She said, gesturing to Kurama. Kurama and Keisuke nodded, acknowledging each other.
 
“So, Keisuke, what brings you here?” Kasumi asked, looking back at Keisuke.
 
“Well, I was passing through nearby when I caught your scent and decided to come see you. I also detected the scent of another and decided to make sure you were okay.” Keisuke said.
 
 
AN: And that's where I leave you for now. Sorry it took so long to get out and that it's so short, but I'll try to get the next chapter out soon, and hopefully it'll be longer.