Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mysteries of the Past and Present ❯ The Race ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Thank you to all who reviewed. I'm rather aggravated though by the fact that at least 60 people read my story, but I only got like 6 reviews. Come on people, please review. It only takes a couple minutes at the most, and I'll most likely review your stories as well. Thanks again to those who did review.
 
Mysteries Of The Past And Present
 
By Youkai Koinu and Kaiya 43 (The same person)
 
Chapter 4 The Race
 
“Tents?” Kasumi asked.
 
“Yeah.” Kuwabara replied.
 
“Okay, then it looks like we have everything. Is everybody ready?” Kasumi asked looking around at everyone. Everybody nodded. “Alright then. Hey, Kurama, you said the portal is close by, right?”
 
“Yes. If my calculations are correct then the portal should be about another thirty yards northwest from here.” Kurama stated calmly. Kasumi nodded.
 
“Right. Then let's move it people!” Kasumi said. Mika suddenly appeared to Kasumi's right.
 
“Would you like me to scout ahead and make sure we won't run into any trouble along the way?” She asked.
 
“Well, not really, I'd rather us all stay together so that if there is trouble we'll have backup.” Kasumi answered. “Unless you want to go ahead with someone else.” She added.
 
“Hmm… anybody here run fast?” Mika asked causing the group to pause and turn to look at Hiei, who in turn scowled.
 
“Hn. I'd rather not.” Hiei retorted. Mika looked at him, amused.
 
“Why not, Hiei? Can't keep up?” Mika egged on, cocking her head to the side slightly.
 
“You wish, bitch. I just don't want to lose you in the forest…. on second thought, maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea. You might make a nice little snack for a low class demon. You're on.” Hiei replied, narrowing his eyes.
 
Mika just laughed. “Alright, it's a race then, I take it?” Hiei nodded and they both lined up. “On your mark. Get set… GO!” Mika yelled, and both disappeared into the forest. The others just stared at each other.
 
“Well,” Kasumi said, breaking the silence, “guess we'd better get going.” With that, they all took off into the forest.
 
Five minutes later, two blurs were flying towards the group at an alarming rate. Two seconds later, Kasumi, Kurama, and Mika all lay on the ground, Hiei standing next to them.
 
“Hn. Which one hit the ground first? Kasumi or Kurama?” Hiei questioned looking at Yusuke, out of breath.
 
“Um… Kasumi did.” Yusuke answered. Hiei growled and glared at Mika.
 
“Hn. You just got lucky.” Hiei answered. Mika smiled.
 
“Keep telling yourself that.” Mika answered shortly.
 
“What was that all about?!” Kasumi inquired, dusting herself off. Mika blinked and sweat-dropped.
 
“Oh. Sorry about that guys.” She answered. “Hiei and I were racing back and we meant to tag you, but we kind of couldn't stop.”
 
Kasumi laughed. “Haha, no problem, just warn us next time will you?”
 
****----****----****----(An hour later)----****----****----****
 
“Are we there yet?!” Kuwabara asked for the third time, whining pathetically.
 
“I guess that's enough traveling for today.” Kasumi answered, sighing. They had been in Makai for the past forty-five minutes. “Time to set up camp guys…”
 
AN: Sorry it's so short. Please review!!!