Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Of Saints and Sinners ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter 2
Sunlight infiltrated trough the blinds and softly fell on the sleeping figure of Kai who was lying on her bed still wearing her outfit for the night before. The black mini skirt showed off her thin legs that right now were widely spread on her queen-sized bed and the baby blue tank top rode up to expose her toned midriff with a silver ring hanging off her bellybutton.
Someone was stroking her hair and that was what brought her from her, for once, dreamless sleep. Big grey eyes opened up to meet the warm brown ones that belonged to her mother.
“Ohayo princess,” Sachiko cooed still stroking her daughters black tresses “Did you have fun last night?”
Kai sat up and looked down at herself to discover she still wore the same clothes and scrunched up her nose because they were reeking with cigarette smoke and alcohol from the drink someone spilled on her.
She ran her hand trough her shoulder length hair and rubbed her eyes.
“Well, I found out Tatsuya is cheating on me, but other than that everything was cool.” She rested her head on her mothers shoulder missing her loving gesture.
“Oh darling, that arrogant little prick didn’t deserve you anyway. No one can handle us Watanabe women!” bringing one hand up she continued to brush Kai's hair with her fingers.
“Except for Kuwabara-san.” Kai giggled at her mother who laughed along with her.
“Yes, except for Isao.” Planting a kiss on Kai's forehead, she got up from her bed and made her way towards the doorway. Turning around to give her daughter one more look, she said, “Don’t forget that on Friday after he returns to Japan we’re going out for dinner with his kids. Now I need to head off to work but I’ll be home early so we can order take out and watch some movies, how does that sound?”
“Sounds good. I’ll cal Amaya and tell her to come over.”
Sachiko nodded and walked out of the room. Kai waited for the sound of the front door closing before standing up and making her way to the shower with a sigh.
“Hey sis, where did you put my cereal?” Kuwabara was going through the pantry in search of his sugary breakfast.
“Yeah I forgot to tell you, we’re out. But you could always be a good boy and run down to the grocery store. Buy some milk while you’re at it.” Shizuru replied without looking up for the magazine she was reading.
Kuwabara rolled his eyes in annoyance and after grabbing some money left the apartment.
“Hey Kuwabara!” he turned around to see Yusuke walking faster to catch up with him. When Yusuke reached him, they both began walking to the grocery store across the street.
“What’s up Urameshi? Got into any good fights yesterday?”
“Nah. But get this, I was walking around town last night, and I saw these two chicks smash up a car in an alley! Man, I feel bad for the bastard! Brand new car too." Yusuke said, laughing at the memory. “One had a baseball bat and she fucking destroyed the windshield and the other slashed the tires with a knife! It was kinda hot to tell you the truth.”
“Wow, crazy ex-girlfriend much?” Kuwabara stated, scanning the shelves for his favorite cereal. “Were they hot?”
“Fuck yeah! Just don’t tell Keiko or I’ll be in for a serious beating.” Yusuke added, looking around as if expecting her to pop out from behind the shelves and drag him home by the ear.
“Man you’re so whipped!” Kuwabara laughed loudly pointing his finger at Yusuke.
“Oh my sweet Yukina! Will you do me the honor of tying me up and mopping the floor with me? Maybe I could lick your shoes clean too while I'm down there!” Yusuke said imitating Kuwabara voice perfectly, adding the sparkling eyes and floating hearts.
“You want a piece of me Urameshi? I will make you eat dirt!” Kuwabara yelled angrily, throwing himself at Yusuke.
As the two boys fell to the floor in the heat of the fight, both holding back their true strength of course, a loud cough was heard behind them. This diverted their attention from each other and both looked up without moving from their position on the floor.
The source of the sound was a girl who seemed to be around their age. She was probably the same height as Yusuke and had pale green eyes and long honey colored hair.
“I hate to interrupt your foreplay boys, but you’re in my way.” Her voice was soft but had an edge to it.
Yusuke and Kuwabara got up from the floor and moved away to let the girl pass through the aisle.
“Hey I think that’s one of the girls I saw yesterday!” Yusuke said, shifting his eyes from the girls’ backside to the face of his companion. “Hey Kuwabara what’s up with that look?” he asked seeing the puzzlement in his friends eyes.
“You mean you didn’t feel her energy? I don’t think she’s human.” Kuwabara said still staring at the now empty aisle.
“Are you sure?”
“It was weak but it was there...youki.”
“Well she’s probably just a hanyou. You know Keonma would have us on the tips of our toes by now if some dangerous demon was out in Ningenkai.”
“You’re probably right.” Kuwabara agreed. However, he was still unable to shake off the weird vibe that girl gave him.
Amaya walked in to her small one bedroom apartment and kicked off her shoes. Making her way slowly to the kitchenette, she dropped the bags full of groceries on the small table and started putting everything away into the refrigerator and the pantry.
She let her mind wander to the boys she saw in the store and the strong energy they emitted. They didn’t look too dangerous, but she learned a long time ago that looks can be very deceiving. Nevertheless, she wasn’t going to let that one time encounter dampen her mood. As long as this was as coincidental as it seemed to be she had nothing to worry about.
The beeping from her cell phone signaled she had a text message waiting for her. Taking the phone out of her back pocket she saw a new message from Kai.
Yo bitch, my place eight o’clock. Bring you jammies; we’re having a Disney marathon. Xoxo.
She smiled at the small screen and put the small gadget down on the table.
With nothing else to do, she tied up her waist long hair in a ponytail, popped a CD into the stereo and started cleaning out the mess her apartment was in, clearing her head of any thought.