Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Old times, New times ❯ Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer - I do not own or claim to own Yu Yu Hakusho. I'm making no money off this. Please do not sue, I have no money.

Botan/Hinageishi - Shoujo Ai / Femme Slash / Female + Female Romance / Lesbians. Don't like, don't read.

Old times, New times

Part two.

Sunlight warmed her face. Waking out of a deep slumber, she wondered what happened. Last thing she remembered was Koenma begging her to hide the sphere from the Netherworld. Where was she? This wasn't the Spirit world. Taking a deep breathe, she opened eyes.

She was in a room of some sort. Lying on a futon. Taking a look around her, she saw.

'Hinageishi?! But... Why is she?' Lying back on the futon she closed her eyes and thought. Suddenly everything came rushing back to her. She'd hidden the sphere inside herself. There was no other way. She might die, but she herself was death. Death shouldn't be afraid to die.

The rest of what happened after that was vague in her mind. She remembered finding Yusuke, but had that been an illusion caused by the sphere in her body? Why was Hinageishi here?

Her head pounded in her ears and she didn't feel like moving, but she was no longer in a feverish haze. Aside from being a little sick, she couldn't feel the sphere in her body. Wearily she lay back down. Whatever had happened, she could wait until morning to know.

Movement beside her caused her look over at Hinageishi again. Hinageishi was tossing and turning in her sleep. She looked like she was having a nightmare.

'If only I could protect you in your dreams Hinageishi.' Botan sighed. She scooted closer to Hinageishi and wrapped her arms around her, pulling her close. Kissing her forehead, she thanked whoever had let her meet Hinageishi again.

She knew Hinageishi wouldn't feel like she did, but She couldn't stop herself. Back when she first met Hinageishi, she'd been angry that no one but herself could see Hinageishi's potential. Taking Hinageishi under her wing, she'd gotten more than she'd bargained for. How had her little friend turned into her secret crush?

Botan fell asleep daydreaming of telling Hinageishi her feelings and being accepted.

- ? Dream ? -

Botan walked down the forest path with pride. She held her head high as her success. She was just back from her Teacher, with good news (1). Koenma had shown interest in her when he'd stopped by to check the students' progress. She was to be transferred to study under the current messenger of death.

'What will it be like... to train under the messenger of death?' Botan looked up at the sky as she continued walking. Her life was taking a new turn. She'd have a new job, new surroundings, meet new people, and maybe new friends. But, she would have to leave behind her home.

'Maybe this isn't as good as I thought'

Finally Botan reached the clearing where she'd asked her friend and fellow classmate, Hinageishi to meet her. Botan sat down on a bench to wait for her.

'Hinageishi. Will she be alright by herself? I know she's no weakling, but I don't know if can stand up to the teachers.' Botan sighed. 'Heh. Why am I worried about what she'll do without me? What am I going to do without her?' Botan had made friends before Hinageishi. But she'd never been as close to them as she was to Hinageishi. 'I'll miss her.'

Botan was thrown out of her thoughts by a blur of red to her right. Hinageishi leapt at Botan and threw her arms around her.

"Botan!" Hinageishi knocked Botan off the bench with the force of her hug (2). Botan laughed as she returned the hug. Giggling, Hinageishi climbed off her. Leaning over Botan, She grabbed onto the others hands and pulled her off the ground.

"So what's the matter Botan?" Hinageishi smiled at her. Botan took a deep breath, trying to compose herself. No reason to make Hinageishi worry over her.

"Remember when Lord Koenma stopped by our classes?" Hinageishi nodded. "Well, According to the Teacher, He was impressed by my knowledge. I'll be training to be the Messenger of Death under the current one starting next week." A look of awe and shock crossed Hinageishi's face. She simply stared at Botan. When she realized what she was doing, she blushed and looked at the ground.

"Wow. I'm happy for you Botan."

"Well I'm not! I. I don't want to leave everyone behind! Hinageishi, I can't just leave you here! I'll never forgive myself if." Tears slid down Botan's face "If I. just abandon you." Hinageishi shook her head.

"Botan." Hinageishi hugged her again "Don't worry. We might be apart, but we'll still be in each others hearts, right? So don't worry Botan. It's alright..." Hinageishi held Botan as she continued to cry.

? End Dream ? -

"It's alright Botan. It's alright. I'm right here, I'll protect you." The voice soothed Botan out of her nightmare. Looking up, Botan saw she was being held by Hinageishi. She was petting Botan's hair and chanting that over and over.

"Oh! You're awake." Hinageishi scooted away from her blushing. "Botan, I have something to ask you." Botan cocked her head at Hinageishi. This was odd, she normally wasn't so shy. Botan felt a flutter of fear in her heart.

What if Hinageishi hadn't been able to take care of herself? She'd received news of Hinageishi's new post as Guide to The Spirit World. But she hadn't been able to visit her at all. Being the messenger of death had its downsides. Being on call all the time was one of them. Mistaking Botan's silence as a sign to go on, Hinageishi spoke.

"I want to apologize." Tears sliding down her checks, Hinageishi hung her head. "I didn't understand what you were trying to tell me (2). As usual, I messed up. Botan. I know I don't deserve forgiveness, But I'm truly sorry. So sorry Botan." Her sobs grew louder as Botan gaped at Hinageishi in shock.

Botan used what strength she had left to stand up. Wincing, she walked over to Hinageishi and wrapped her arms around her, drawing her into a hug. She leaned on Hinageishi until the girl calmed down.

"Hinageishi, it's not your fault." Hinageishi looked up into Botan's eyes. Silent understanding passed between the two. "Now, what did you want to ask?" Hinageishi opened her mouth to answer.

"Well... I just wanted to say I lo-" Hinageishi sweat dropped "Gah! Botan, you should be resting!" Hinageishi led Botan back to the futon.

As she lay back on the futon, Botan grabbed onto Hinageishi's arm. She smirked mischievously at Hinageishi.

"Now. For real this time, tell me."

"You never give up, do you?" Hinageishi giggled.

"Nope. Not until I get what I need." She winked at her. "C'mon, tell me." Hinageishi fiddled with her robe then nodded.

"Ok. Botan, I know you wont forgive me this time, But I need to tell you. You remember how far apart we've been?" Botan nodded. "Despite that, I've always thought of you. Botan, I'm not sure how to explain, but I don't think of you as a friend." Botan whapped Hinageishi's robe playfully.

"You nut. Worrying me over a simple prank" Botan laughed "Hinageishi, you're silly." Hinageishi shook her head.

"No joke." Botan sweat dropped. "Let me explain. It's not that I don't like as a friend, but that I like you more than a friend." Hinageishi took a deep breath "I have a crush on you Botan. I've felt this way for awhile." Hinageishi got up to leave.

Botan watched as Hinageishi walked away. She loved her? Then maybe. It's wasn't hopeless.

"Wait!" Hinageishi paused, still looking away. "I have something to tell you to." Botan waited until Hinageishi glanced back, and then waved her over. She grabbed on to her arm again.

"I have a crush on you Hinageishi. I love you." Botan pulled a shocked Hinageishi into a kiss. 'So even death can find happiness.'

"What the!?" Botan and Hinageishi broke apart and glanced at the door. Genkai was holding open the door for a familiar group. Yusuke, Keiko, and the others watched them with eyes wide.

"Do you mind?" Botan winked at Hinageishi. "I'm sort of busy here." Hinageishi giggled.

"Err. right. Let's go guys." Yusuke walked out of the door backwards, pulling the rest of them out with him.

"What now Botan?" Botan looked over at Hinageishi. The girl was blushing, and for the first time, she seemed happy.

"Like I said, we're busy. We've got a lot to talk about. Like how we're going to convince Koenma that I need an assistant. I'm looking for a cute red head as my partner. Know of anyone?" Hinageishi laughed, hugging Botan.

Botan laughed as well, and then let her self be drawn into another kiss. Sometimes life's surprises where worth waiting for.

The End

A/N - (1) Ack. I looked around some sites for info on how Botan and/or Hinageishi were trained, but I found zilch. So I'm guessing. Which would make this story semi-AU.

(2) Hinageishi thought that she should have known that Botan had the sphere in her body.

Melodrama Ahoy~! I thought about adding a third chapter to tie up loose ends, but decided against it, because I want to move onto other projects. Also, I was having trouble keeping Botan in character during the dialogue. Hope she didn't end up OOC.

Playful Botan is fun to write ^^.

As always, Comments and Criticism is welcome.