Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ One Night ❯ Truth ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

One Night
 
Chapter Nine- Truth
Hiei, Kurama, and Tetra were sitting around the table drinking tea. Hiei and Kurama had just finished explaining who they truly were to their daughter. Slowly Tetra lifted her cup to her lips, took a small sip, and just as slowly set it back down with a deep breath.
“So, why didn't you tell me sooner?” she questioned, thoroughly curious.
“Well we wanted,” started Hiei, but she couldn't finish.
“We wanted you to live a normal life,” Kurama finished his lover's statement.
`Damn it Kurama you know that's not what I was going to say!'
The kitsune responded to his lover's telepathic comment. `I know, but we would've sounded foolish to her if you said we didn't want you to be afraid of us.'
“Oh yeah a normal life, huh?” she snorted sarcastically. “Let's see, I've trained since I can remember, I hang out with youkai's on a daily basis, oh and let's not forget the fact that your “normal” job is working for the lord of the dead! I don't buy it, not one bit!”
Hiei sighed and stared into her daughter's emerald pools. They reminded her so much of Kurama's. “We didn't tell you because we didn't want you to hate us.”
“Hate you?!” shocked, their daughter began to rant. “Why would I hate you?! Hell, if I knew that my parents were the Forbidden child and the Legendary Bandit Youko, I would've never needed to fight those bastards when I was little. They would have run away scared!”
Tetra's parents blinked at her in shock a few times. “So then, you're not mad?” Kurama asked carefully.
“Hell, if I'm not mad I'm pissed that I didn't know my parents were so cool!”
Suddenly the room erupted into laughter as the family finally felt connected. All the secrets had been told; there was nothing left hidden. Hiei slowly stopped laughing and stared silently at her daughter. Well, almost every secret.
“All right,” she stated; the whole room going silent. “We've told our secret, now, what's yours?”
“Remember that day, when Seiryu kidnapped me? Well, Tama wasn't the one who injured me. That was Seiryu. He also was the one who injured Uncle Kuwabara so badly.
“What happened was Tama and I were having sex-”
Hiei sharply cut her off. “After we told you not to see him anymore?!”
“Just let me explain. We were doing this out in the woods. Uncle Kuwabara discovered us and knew that what I had done was wrong. He ordered me to dress and go inside. As I had begun to do this something shot at me rapidly from behind. I fell to the ground feeling extremely cold. Uncle Kuwabara fell soon after, but he managed to make it back to the temple. I collapsed before I could make it, but Tama did nothing to help me so I thought that he betrayed me. He didn't, he actually stayed behind to fight off Seiryu.”
“Why would you tell us this?” questioned the fox. “Honestly, we didn't care if you slept with Tama. We were just upset that you left two toddlers alone to run amok around the temple.”
“Are you serious?!”
“Yeah actually-”
“Hang on a second Kurama,” said the jaganshi, her jagan glowing an eerie purple. When it stopped glowing she held a look of surprise. “Tetra, you're not?” Her daughter blushed furiously.
“Nani?” demanded her father.
“Go ahead and tell him. Tell your father your last secret.”
“I'm- uh -er pregnant with, um, Tama's child….”
The room fell into and unnerving silence. The silent stare down continued for a few moments before Kurama smiled ever so slighty.
“Tetra,” he said softly getting her attention. “I'm happy for you.”
Tetra smiled ear to ear and let out a gasp of surprise as she remembered something. “Um, actually I'm also moving out and in with my new lover.”
“Really,” stated Hiei. “Who is this bastard?”
“Kaa-san,” she whined. “HER name is Akari and she's psychic, so she understands my heritage.”
“I hope she makes you happy,” came the rare comment of the distant koorime.
“Keep us posted of your pregnancy and tell Yukina about it. I'm sure she'd love to deliver your baby,” added the kitsune. “We'll miss you.”
“I'll miss you too.”
A few weeks later Tetra had moved out of the temple and the two lovers were left alone. Kuwabara and Yukina had gone out on a trip so they had to deal with Hiei's condition, since he was still a “she”. Tetra had seemed completely happy with her new life, which doesn't explain why Hiei would remain a woman.
`Will I ever change back?!'